- 1 R S Sharma re-appointed TRAI chairperson till 2020
- 2 HRD Ministry launches Project ‘SWAYAM’
- 3 CCEA approves continuation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- 4 Cabinet approves release of pulses to states at discounted rate
- 5 President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurates ‘One District one Product’ Summit
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
R S Sharma re-appointed TRAI chairperson till 2020
- Ram Sewak Sharma was given a two-year extension as the chairperson of telecom regulator TRAI.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the reappointment of Sharma as chairperson of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) up to September 30, 2020.
- In July 2015, Sharma was named as the TRAI chief for a three-year period.
HRD Ministry launches Project ‘SWAYAM’
- The Ministry of HRD has started a major new initiative Project called ‘Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds’ (SWAYAM).
- SWAYAM will provide one integrated platform and portal for online courses, which covers all higher education subjects and skill sector courses.
- The objective of the project is to ensure that the every student in our country has access to the best quality higher education at the affordable cost.
CCEA approves continuation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for continuation of the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) beyond 12th Five Year Plan period.
- It will help connect 38,412 habitations at an estimated cost of Rs. 84,934 crore.
- The PMGSY was launched on 25” December, 2000, with the objective of providing all-weather road connectivity to the eligible unconnected habitations in rural areas of country.
Cabinet approves release of pulses to states at discounted rate
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the release of pulses to States/UTs at a discounted rate.
- The pulses are to be utilized for various Welfare Schemes from the stock of pulses procured under Price Support Schemes (PSS).
- The pulses Tur, Chana, Masoor, Moong and Urad will be offered at a discount of Rs.15 per kg over the prevailing wholesale market price.
President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurates ‘One District one Product’ Summit
- The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the ‘One District One Product’ Summit in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Under the ‘One District One Product’ scheme, the state government has set a goal of providing employment to 25 lakh people in five years.
- The state government has dedicated financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 crores towards the scheme.
- The president has said that he hopes that the scheme will create large number of employment opportunities for the youth.