- 1 Rajendra Menon sworn in as Chief Justice of Delhi HC
- 2 Axis Bank introduces iris authentication for aadhaar-based transactions
- 3 Defence Industrial Corridor launched in Aligarh, UP
- 4 Bajaj Allianz, Vijaya Bank enter into ‘Bancassurance’ deal
- 5 President of India inaugurates “One District One Product” Summit
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Rajendra Menon sworn in as Chief Justice of Delhi HC
- Justice Rajendra Menon has taken the oath as the new Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
- Justice Menon was sworn in by Lt Governor Anil Baijal.
- Justice Menon has earlier been Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
- He has succeeded Justice Gita Mittal, who was elevated to head the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
Axis Bank introduces iris authentication for aadhaar-based transactions
- Axis bank has become the first bank in the country to introduce Iris Scan Authentication feature for Aadhaar -based transactions through its micro ATM tablets.
- The project is being run as a pilot (or test run) in 8 branches of rural Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh.
- Iris scan technology will offer enhanced biometric success rate and better performance speed over currently used methods.
Defence Industrial Corridor launched in Aligarh, UP
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched a the defence industrial corridor in Aligarh.
- The move is part of the government’s efforts to develop specialised zones dedicated to defence production in the state.
- Six nodal points, Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chitrakoot and Jhansi have been identified in state for the corridor.
- Earlier this year another defence corridor was launched in Tamil Nadu.
Bajaj Allianz, Vijaya Bank enter into ‘Bancassurance’ deal
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has entered into a bancassurance deal with Vijaya Bank.
- This will enable distribution of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance products through the bank’s network of 2,129 branches across the country.
- Under the tie-up, Bajaj Allianz will offer personal insurance products such as health, personal accident, home, motor and travel, as well as a commercial line of insurance products.
President of India inaugurates “One District One Product” Summit
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the “One District One Product” Summit on 10th August 2018 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Under the ‘One District One Product’ scheme, the UP government has set a goal of providing employment in MSME to 25 lakh people in five years through the financial assistance of Rs. 25,000crores.
- Uttar Pradesh contributes around 44 per cent in the total handicraft exports of the country.