- 1 Health Ministry implements HIV AIDS Act 2017
- 2 India-Mongolia joint exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant 2018’ begins in Mongolia
- 3 Haryana govt signs MoU with Indian Oil for the ethanol plant
- 4 IPPB ties up with FSS to create payments network for unorganized retail
- 5 R. Madhvan to host National Geographic’s Mega Icon Series
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Health Ministry implements HIV AIDS Act 2017
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced the implementation of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017.
- As per the act, every HIV infected or affected person below the age of 18 years has the right to live in a shared household and enjoy its facilities.
- The act criminalizes any kind of discrimination against people suffering from AIDS.
India-Mongolia joint exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant 2018’ begins in Mongolia
- The Indo-Mongolia joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018 has begun at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is an annual, bilateral exercise carried out since 2006.
- It aims to strengthen the partnership between the Indian Army and the Mongolian Armed Forces.
- The Indian contingent is represented by a contingent of 17 PUNJAB Regiment, while the Mongolian contingent is represented by Unit 084 of the Mongolian Armed Forces.
Haryana govt signs MoU with Indian Oil for the ethanol plant
- The Haryana government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to set up an ethanol plant in Panipat.
- The project will prevent straw burning in the state.
- The initiative is being set up at Bohali village.
- It will have a proposed capacity of 100 kilolitres of ethanol per day.
- 10 cooperative and three private sugar mills in Haryana will provide raw fuel to the plant.
IPPB ties up with FSS to create payments network for unorganized retail
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has joined forces with Financial Software and Systems (FSS) to create a payments acceptance network for unorganized retail.
- This would include small merchants and kirana stores where consumers can make payments.
- FSS enables micro-merchants to accept payments online, or via unified payments interface (UPI), quick-response (QR) codes, Aadhaar and IPPB accounts.
R. Madhvan to host National Geographic’s Mega Icon Series
- R. Madhvan will host National Gegraphic’s upcoming series Mega Icons which will narate the inspiring tales of veteran personalities from all walk of life.
- The first session will feature the stories of former Indian President APJ Abdul Kalam, Actor-politician Kamal Haasan, spiritual leader Dalai Lama, cricketer and skipper of the Indian team, Virat Kohli and Kiran Bedi, first women to qualify for Indian Police Service.