- 1 PM Modi inaugurates new ASI Headquarters
- 2 India’s First Private UAV Factory to be set up in Kota
- 3 BSNL announces India’s first Internet telephony service for making calls without SIM
- 4 Gujarat Government approves Rs 39 Crore additional investment for Seema Darshan Project
- 5 India becomes 69th Shareholder of European Development Bank
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
PM Modi inaugurates new ASI Headquarters
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new Headquarters of the Archaeological Survey on India in New Delhi.
- The New Building is equipped with the state of art facilities such as energy efficient lightning and rain water harvesting.
- It will include a Central Archaeological Library with a collection of approximately 1.5 Lakh Books and Journals.
India’s First Private UAV Factory to be set up in Kota
- India’s First Private Sector Unit for manufacturing unmanned air vehicles (UAV) and light bullet proof vehices (LBPV) will be set up in Kota.
- The Facility will be set up on the Campus of Shriram Rayons in Kota by DCM Shriram Industries Group.
- The First of these three vehicles will be rolled out in 18 Months.
BSNL announces India’s first Internet telephony service for making calls without SIM
- BSNL has announced the country’s first Internet telephony service, which will allow users to make calls without the need for a SIM card.
- The service will allow users to make calls to any telephone number in India through the BSNL mobile app, called Wings.
- The company will launch the service across India on July 25th.
- Currently, voice calls can only be made through mobile apps to those who have the same app on their phone.
- The BSNL Wings subscription will cost Rs.1,099 for a year, and will include unlimited calling within India using the Internet service or Wi-Fi of any telecom operator.
Gujarat Government approves Rs 39 Crore additional investment for Seema Darshan Project
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaya Rupani gave in Prinicipal approval for Rs 39 Crore Additional Investment in the Seema Darshan or Border Tourism Project.
- A Proposal will be sent to the Union Ministries of Home and Tourism for Financial Assistance.
- The Border Tourism Project is being developed on the pattern of Wagah Border.
- The Approval is for more infrastructure facilities from T- Junction to Zero Point at Nadabet near Suigam in Banaskantha District.
- India has been formally announced as the 69th Shareholder of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- This will open up more joint investment with Indian companies across the bank’s regions of operation.
- The Indian government applied for EBRD membership in December 2017, and received unanimous voting for the same in March 2018.
- India takes a shareholding in the EBRD but it will not be a recipient of EBRD financing.