- 1 NITI Aayog, Intel and TIFR join hands to set up an international center for AI
- 2 Uranium reactor ‘Apsara-upgraded’ becomes operational again at BARC
- 3 TCIL, MEA signs agreement to provide e-health and education in Africa
- 4 Indian Railways launches web portal ‘Rail Sahyog’
- 5 EC removes NOTA option from Rajya Sabha, Legislative Council Polls
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
NITI Aayog, Intel and TIFR join hands to set up an international center for AI
- NITI Aayog, Intel and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) are collaborating to set up a Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI).
- The aim is to develop and deploy AI-led application-based research projects.
- The Model ICTAI will be set up in Bengaluru.
- It will conduct advanced research for solutions in three important areas – healthcare, agriculture, and smart mobility.
Uranium reactor ‘Apsara-upgraded’ becomes operational again at BARC
- Asia’s first research reactor named Apsara-upgraded has become operational once again, at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
- The Apsara reactor first became operational in August 1956 but was shut down in 2009.
- Now, the swimming pool type research reactor has been upgraded to higher capacity.
- The indigenously made reactor uses plate type dispersion fuel elements made of Low Enriched Uranium (LEU).
TCIL, MEA signs agreement to provide e-health and education in Africa
- Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd. (TCIL) has signed an agreement with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for the implementation of e-VBA (e-VidyaBharati and e-AarogyaBharati).
- The project aims to continue providing tele-education and telemedicine services from elite Indian Universities and Super Specialty Hospitals to African nations over the Internet.
Indian Railways launches web portal ‘Rail Sahyog’
- The Minister of Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal, has launched a web portal called Rail Sahyog. The website is www.railsahyog.in.
- The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to the creation of amenities at and near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
- The portal will provide an opportunity for Industry/ Companies/ Associations to collaborate with Railways.
- The portal will not only be beneficial for passengers but also for the neighborhood of Railway vicinity.
EC removes NOTA option from Rajya Sabha, Legislative Council Polls
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) on September 11, 2018 withdrew the provision of NOTA (None of the above) option from ballot papers of the Rajya Sabha and the state’s Legislative Council polls as per the Supreme Court directive.
- The ECI, through the notification, ordered the returning officers for Rajya Sabha and legislative council to ensure that there is no NOTA column displayed in the ballot paper.
- The NOTA option will be available only in Lok Sabha and state’s assembly election.