- 1 Cabinet approves “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan”
- 2 Cabinet approves the continuation of Capacity Development Scheme
- 3 Sardar Singh announces retirement from international hockey
- 4 Delhi, Seoul governments to ink pact for cooperation in urban regeneration
- 5 Sonowal inaugurates Indo-Bhutan Border Centre
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Cabinet approves “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan”
- Giving a major boost to the pro-farmer initiatives of the Government and in keeping with its commitment and dedication for the Annadata, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved a new Umbrella Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA).
- The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
- This is an unprecedented step taken by Govt. of India to protect the farmers’ income which is expected to go a long way towards the welfare of farmers.
- The government has already increased the MSP of Kharif crops by following the principle of 1.5 times the cost of production.
- It is expected that the increase in MSP will be translated to farmer’s income by way of robust procurement mechanism in coordination with the State Governments.
Cabinet approves the continuation of Capacity Development Scheme
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Capacity Development Scheme for the period 2017-18 to 2019-20 with an outlay of Rs 2,250 crore.
- The Capacity Development Scheme is an Ongoing Central Sector Scheme of MoSPI.
- The overall objective of the scheme is to augment infrastructural, technical as well as manpower resources for making available credible and timely Official Statistics for policymakers and public at large.
Sardar Singh announces retirement from international hockey
- Former India Hockey captain Sardar Singh has announced his retirement from international hockey after an illustrious career spanning 12 years.
- The 32-year-old made over 350 international appearances for India and captained the national team for eight long years from 2008 to 2016.
- He received the Arjuna award in 2012 and Padma Shri in 2015.
Delhi, Seoul governments to ink pact for cooperation in urban regeneration
- The Delhi Government and the Seoul Metropolitan Government are slated to sign an agreement this week for cooperation in urban regeneration.
- The agreement will be signed during Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s ongoing trip to Seoul.
- Kejriwal, along with Urban Development Minister Satyendra Jain visited the Cheonggyecheon stream in downtown Seoul to see its transformation.
Sonowal inaugurates Indo-Bhutan Border Centre
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the Indo-Bhutan Border Centre at Darranga in Assam’s Baksa district to strengthen bilateral trade with the neighboring country.
- The Centre has decided to construct 264 km of border roads touching four BTAD districts of the state