- 1 India Releases 470 Million Nepali Rupees Grant for Terai Roads Project in Nepal
- 2 Film Actor Akshay Kumar becomes the Brand Ambassador of Road Safety Campaigns
- 3 Viraj Madappa becomes youngest Indian golfer to win Asian Tour title
- 4 Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates NDMC Smart City projects
- 5 In India, Pune most liveable city, Rampur worst, as per Ease of Living Index 2018
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
India Releases 470 Million Nepali Rupees Grant for Terai Roads Project in Nepal
- The Government of India has released 470 Million Nepali Rupees Grant for Terai Roads Project in Nepal.
- Indian Ambassador Manjeev Singh Puri handed over a cheque of grant to the Secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport of Nepal, Madhusudan Adhikari in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The amount has been raised to maintain the fund liquidity for the ongoing construction of 14 Road Packages under Postal Highway Project.
- 2.35 Billion Nepali Rupees have been released so far out out of total grant assistance of 8 Billion Nepali Rupees committed by the Government of India implementing 14 packages under Postal Highway Project.
Film Actor Akshay Kumar becomes the Brand Ambassador of Road Safety Campaigns
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has launched three short films for generating public awareness towards road safety.
- Film Actor Akshay Kumar has featured in these films, which are directed by Shri R. Balki, Mr. Gadkari announced the appointment of Shri Akshay Kumar as Road Safety Brand Ambassador.
Viraj Madappa becomes youngest Indian golfer to win Asian Tour title
- Indian golfer Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour.
- The 20-year-old won his first title on the Asian Tour at Take Solutions Masters in Bengaluru.
- Madappa scored a total of 16-under 268 at the Asian Tour event.
- The previous record was held by Gaganjeet Bhullar, who won the Indonesia Invitational when he was 21 years and three months old.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates NDMC Smart City projects
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Smart City projects, which is expected to help New Delhi transform into a world class city.
- The Smart City projects are being undertaken by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- The BJP politician also launched MTNL’s hi-speed Broadband on Optical Fiber and Hi-Speed Wi-Fi in Connaught Place.
- A few of the other projects inaugurated by Rajnath Singh include Smart Poles, Solar Tree, Ideation Centre, 50 LED interactive screens, Ambedkar Vatika and two hi-tech nurseries.
In India, Pune most liveable city, Rampur worst, as per Ease of Living Index 2018
- Pune, Navi Mumbai and Greater Mumbai from Maharashtra ranked as India’s three most liveable places on the government’s inaugural ‘Ease of Living Index’.
- A total 111 cities were included in the survey, and the national capital came 65th.
- Rampur in Uttar Pradesh figured at the bottom of the liveability index, which is released by the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- Kohima (Nagaland) and Patna (Bihar) were the other 2 cities placed in the bottom three.
- In the top-ten, the three cities from Maharashtra were followed by Tirupati, Chandigarh, Thane, Raipur, Indore, Vijayawada and Bhopal.