- 1 ISRO inaugurates S-band Polarimetric Doppler weather radar
- 2 ISRO launches 2 UK satellites on board PSLV-C42
- 3 NASA launches satellite to track decreasing polar ice
- 4 Indigenously developed weapon system ‘MPATGM’ successfully tested
- 5 Delhi and Seoul sign MoU to tackle Air Pollution, Improve Infrastructure
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
ISRO inaugurates S-band Polarimetric Doppler weather radar
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has inaugurated its S-band Polarimetry Doppler Weather Radar at Sriharikota.
- Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) is used for the observation of the weather system up to a range of 500 km.
- DWR helps in early warning of severe weather events.
ISRO launches 2 UK satellites on board PSLV-C42
- The ISRO has launched two satellites – the NovaSAR and S1-4 – on its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C42).
- The satellites belong to UK-based Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL).
- Both satellites were injected into the Sun Synchronous Orbit.
NASA launches satellite to track decreasing polar ice
- NASA has launched its Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite-2, known as ICESat-2.
- It will use a precise laser to collect measurement data to track the Earth’s shrinking polar ice.
- The laser is known as ATLAS (Advanced Topographic Laser Altimeter System).
Indigenously developed weapon system ‘MPATGM’ successfully tested
- The indigenously developed weapon system ‘Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile’ (MPATGM) was successfully flight tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The test was carried out at the Ahmednagar range, Maharashtra.
Delhi and Seoul sign MoU to tackle Air Pollution, Improve Infrastructure
- The Delhi government on September 14, 2018, signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Seoul Metropolitan Government to work closely in the fields of environment, tourism, wastewater and solid waste management, infrastructure and public health.
- The agreement requires the two capital cities- New Delhi and Seoul- to set up and operationalise a ‘Twinning Cell’ and a committee to support the cell for easy communication and knowledge sharing.
- The cell will support activity related workshops, conduct community participation activities and help maintain documentation.