- 1 RBI to issue new design 100-rupee banknote
- 2 J&K gets first all-woman branch at Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- 3 Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh launches online pension system, mobile app
- 4 India-US resolve to enhance cooperation in counter-terror, aviation security
- 5 Amazon’s stock market value hits $900 billion, rivals Apple Inc.
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
RBI to issue new design 100-rupee banknote
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon issue Rs.100 denomination banknotes with a completely new design.
- The new notes will be in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series and bear the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, governor of the RBI.
- The new Rs.100 note will have a base colour of lavender.
- It will have a motif of “RANI KI VAV” on the reverse, which depicts India’s cultural heritage.
- The earlier series of Rs.100 banknotes (or the Rs.100 notes that are currently available) will still be legal tender and can be used alongside the new notes.
J&K gets first all-woman branch at Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- Jammu & Kashmir’s first all-woman branch of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank has been inaugurated.
- First Lady Usha Vohra e-inaugurated the branch at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC).
- Also launched were special services and products designed exclusively for women clients of the bank.
- These include the Pink Gold Saving Scheme, Pink Platinum Saving Scheme, Special Loan Facility for Women Entrepreneurs, Pink Gold Debit Card and Pink Platinum Credit Card.
Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh launches online pension system, mobile app
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister, Dr. Raman Singh, has launched an online portal and mobile app called ‘Aabhaar-Aapki seva ka’.
- The online pension management system will benefit pensioners in the state.
- Through the app and website, people will be able to access all the information related to pension and payment online.
- The app has been developed by the state finance department.
- The purpose of launching the app is to provide transparency in the pension facility.
India-US resolve to enhance cooperation in counter-terror, aviation security
- India and the USA will enhance cooperation in areas such as counter-terror, immigration and aviation security.
- The Homeland Security Dialogue focused on issues relating to security cooperation, customs and immigration, aviation security, and capacity building.
Amazon’s stock market value hits $900 billion, rivals Apple Inc.
- On the back of its annual Prime Day sale, Amazon’s stock market value touched $902 billion, crossing the $900 billion mark for the first time in its 21-year history.
- It now closely rivals Apple, whose shares reportedly rose 18% in 2018, bringing the company’s market value to $935 billion.
- However, after the sale, Amazon’s stock market value reversed, trading down 0.16% for the session.