Yes Bank given Rs.38 crore GST fine
- Yes Bank has reportedly been asked to pay Rs. 38 crore in fines to the GST department.
- Allegedly, the reason is violations in domestic remittances.
- The issue surrounds remittances or payments made by migrants from urban areas to their homes in rural areas.
Anushka Sharma receives Smita Patil award
- Anushka Sharma has received the Smita Patil award for best actor.
- The Bollywood actor received the award at the 34th edition of the Priyadarshini Academy Global Awards 2018.
India’s biggest cyclotron facility, Cyclone-30, becomes operational
- Cyclone-30, the biggest cyclotron in India, has become operational in Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata.
- Cyclotrons are used to produce radioisotopes for use in cancer care.
- The facility will provide for affordable radioisotopes and related radiopharmaceuticals for the entire country.
Saudi Arabia to be third strategic partner in CPEC
- Pakistan has invited Saudi Arabia to be the third partner in the $50 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
- The CPEC is the flagship project of the multi-billion dollar Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
IRDAI raises minimum driver insurance cover to 15 lakh rupees
- The IRDAI has raised the minimum insurance cover, or capital sum insured (CSI), for owner-drivers to Rs. 15 lakh.
- The premium that has been set is Rs. 750 per annum.
- The aim is to provide relief to road accident victims.
- Currently, the CSI is Rs. 1 lakh for two-wheelers and Rs. 2 lakh for private cars and commercial vehicles.
- There is also the option of a higher cover than Rs. 15 lakh, on payment of additional premium.