- 1 Arijit Basu appointed as SBI’s New Managing Director
- 2 CEMS sets up first- of-their kind labs in Mumbai and Vizag.
- 3 On President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cuba, India and Cuba sign 2 MoUs
- 4 Russia to supply technical security equipment to India
- 5 Ministry of Women & Child Development receives the ‘Best Performing Social Sector Ministry’ SKOCH Award
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Arijit Basu appointed as SBI’s New Managing Director
The Government has appointed Arijit Basu as the Managing Director (MD) of the country’s largest lender State Bank of India.
Basu will take up the position left vacant following the elevation of Rajnish Kumar to the post of Chairman.
Arijit Basu will settle in as MD with effect from the date of taking over charge till his superannuation in October 2020.
Basu has previously served as the Managing Director of SBI Life Insurance.
CEMS sets up first- of-their kind labs in Mumbai and Vizag.
The Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding (CEMS) will set up 24 Labs (6 in Mumbai an 18 in Vizag) with the first-of-its kind infrastructure in the Asia Pacific Region.
The CEMS is a well-funded start-up in skill development for the maritime and shipbuilding sector.
On President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cuba, India and Cuba sign 2 MoUs
- India and Cuba have signed two MoUs – one on Traditional Medicine and Homeopathy, and the other on Biotechnology.
- The agreements were reached after talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Cuban counterpart Miguel Mario Díaz-Canel in Havana.
- At the meeting, Cuba reiterated its support to India’s candidature for a permanent seat in UN Security Council.
Russia to supply technical security equipment to India
- A subsidiary (Nikiret) of Russian state atomic energy corporation Rosatom has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firm Core Energy Systems Pvt Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
- An outcome of the partnership is developing security systems and solutions for the defense sector.
- It is also expected to benefit other strategic installations such as nuclear, oil and gas in India.
- The partnership between Nikiret and Core will also explore opportunities in the Indian government’s Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) project.
Ministry of Women & Child Development receives the ‘Best Performing Social Sector Ministry’ SKOCH Award
- SKOCH has conferred the ‘Best performing Social Sector Ministry’ award on the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The Ministry received the awards for its significant achievements and initiatives from the last 4 years.
- The ministry’s flagship schemes such as Beti Bachao Beti Padhao has achieved huge success within a short period of time.
- Earlier in the month of June, the foundation of the Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory was laid in Chandigarh, and 5 more advanced forensic labs are expected to be set up in Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune and Bhopal.
- In addition, the ministry will provide special forensic kits for rape cases to all police stations and hospitals, the funds for which will be provided from the Nirbhaya Fund.
Latest Current Affairs