- 1 HAL becomes 1st PSU to transact on TReDS: RXIL
- 2 35% of cyber attacks on Indian sites from China: CERT-In report
- 3 India wins 2nd gold in rowing in Asian Games history
- 4 RIL first Indian company to cross 8 trillion rupee market capital
- 5 Raveena Tandon appointed the brand ambassador for Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
HAL becomes 1st PSU to transact on TReDS: RXIL
- The Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL) announced that Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) has become the first public sector enterprise to make a transaction on the “TReDS platform”.
- TReDS is an online electronic institutional mechanism for facilitating the financing of trade receivables of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) through multiple financiers.
35% of cyber attacks on Indian sites from China: CERT-In report
- The maximum number of cyber attacks on official Indian websites are from China, US and Russia, with 35% of attacks coming from China.
- After China, the most cyber attacks come from the USA (17%), Russia (15%), Pakistan (9%), Canada (7%) and Germany (5%).
- The report comes from the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), which analysed cyber attacks from April-June 2018.
- CERT-In is the nodal agency which deals with cyber security threats like hacking and phishing.
India wins 2nd gold in rowing in Asian Games history
- Indian rowers Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh won the men’s Quadruple Sculls to win India’s fifth gold medal at the Asian Games 2018.
- The medal is only the second ever gold medal for India in the rowing competition in Asian Games history.
- India now has a total of 21 medals at the 2018 Asian Games.
RIL first Indian company to cross 8 trillion rupee market capital
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has become the first Indian company to cross the Rs 8 trillion mark in market capitalization.
- The company achieved this after its shares surged 37%.
- RIL share prices rose 1.31% to hit a record high of Rs1,262.50.
Raveena Tandon appointed the brand ambassador for Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- The Maharashtra government has appointed Bollywood actor Raveena Tandon as the brand ambassador of the city-based Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP).
- The announcement was made by Maharashtra Forest Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar.
- The actress and the minister met to discuss the 13 crore tree-plantation drive and her contribution to help achieve a greener Maharashtra.
- The aim is to create awareness about the state forest department’s many initiatives.