- 1 Indian Air Force contingent participates in Australia’s Exercise Pitch Black for first time
- 2 Tata AIA appoints Rishi Srivastava as CEO and MD
- 3 India, Rwanda sign 8 MoUs and agreements in varied fields
- 4 India, Uganda sign 4 MoUs in various fields
- 5 Venezuela’s inflation to touch 1 million per cent by year end: IMF
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Indian Air Force contingent participates in Australia’s Exercise Pitch Black for first time
- An Indian Air Force contingent comprising of four frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft is participating in Exercise Pitch Black-2018.
- Exercise Pitch Black is a multinational exercise hosted by Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
- This is the first time that the IAF will be participating in the exercise, which involves over 100 aircraft from around the world operating in a dynamic warlike environment.
Tata AIA appoints Rishi Srivastava as CEO and MD
- The Tata AIA Life board has appointed Rishi Srivastava as the new chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD).
- Srivastava’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval from the IRDAI.
- Srivastava will take over from current CEO Naveen Tahilyani, who in turn takes up the position of CEO, group partnership distribution, AIA Group, Hong Kong.
India, Rwanda sign 8 MoUs and agreements in varied fields
- India and Rwanda have signed 8 agreements to bolster bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
- One of the agreements is on Cooperation Defence. India and Rwanda will cooperate on capacity building, defence, industry, and science and technology.
- The two nations have also signed an agreement for $100 million for the development of industrial parks and the expansion of Kigali special economic zones.
India, Uganda sign 4 MoUs in various fields
- PM Narendra Modi is on a three-nation tour to Africa, and the second stop is in Uganda.
- The two nations have signed 4 MoUs on various fields.
- Among the MoUs signs, one is on Defence Cooperation, while another important one is on Material Testing Laboratory.
- The agreements were signed following the delegation-level talks between Indian PM Narendra Modi and Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni in Kampala.
Venezuela’s inflation to touch 1 million per cent by year end: IMF
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that Venezuela’s inflation will hit 1 million per cent by the end of the year.
- The South American country’s economy has been steadily collapsing ever since the crash of oil prices in 2014.