- 1 ICOMOS launched an initiative to save cultural heritage damaged in flood-hit Kerala
- 2 India’s First Biofuel Flight to fly from Dehradun to Delhi
- 3 Reliance Power unit wins the dispute and gets $56 million international arbitration award
- 4 PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi to be honored as Game Changer of the Year 2018: Asia Society
- 5 BeiDou: Twin navigation satellites aboard Long March-3B carrier rocket launched by China
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
ICOMOS launched an initiative to save cultural heritage damaged in flood-hit Kerala
- The International Council of Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) a global monument conservation body, has launched an initiative to assess the damage to the rich cultural and built heritage in flood-devastated Kerala and set up an emergency response platform.
- ICOMOS is also an advisory body to the UNESCO for cultural heritage, in particular for the implementation of the World Heritage Convention.
India’s First Biofuel Flight to fly from Dehradun to Delhi
- India’s First Flight using Biofuel will fly from Dehradun (capital of Uttarakhand) to Delhi.
- The First ever Biofuel Test Flight Test was conducted by Spice Jet on its turbroporp Q-400 Plane.
- With this, India will join the elite club of nations who have operated the flight on an alternative energy source like Biofuel.
- Developed countries like Canada, Australia, and US have already conducted these test flights.
- India will be the First Developing Nation to experiment Biofuel Test Flight.
Reliance Power unit wins the dispute and gets $56 million international arbitration award
- On August 26, 2018, Reliance Power Netherlands BV, a wholly owned subsidy of Reliance Power won an international arbitration award of $56 million (Rs 390 crore) from the Arbitration Tribunal regarding a dispute.
- This sum of money will be paid to Reliance Power Netherlands BV by Prestige Capital Holdings (a Seychelles-based company) and Kokos Jiang.
- This decision was taken by the Arbitration Tribunal constituted under Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).
- This is related to a contractual dispute in the context of the company’s coal mines in Indonesia.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi to be honored as Game Changer of the Year 2018: Asia Society
- On August 26, 2018, Asia Society, a global cultural organization announced that PepsiCo’s CEO Indra Nooyi will be honored with the Game Changer of the Year title of the 2018 Asia Game Changer Awards in October 2018.
- Citi is the founding partner of Asia Society’s Asia Game Changer Awards.
- She will be honored in recognition of her business achievements, humanitarian record, and advocacy for women and girls around the world.
- Under her guidance, Pepsi Co had a life-saving collaboration with the United Nations on food, nutrition, global water, climate, and women’s empowerment issues.
- On August 26, 2018, successfully sent twin BeiDou navigation satellites into space on the Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- This was the 283rd mission of the Long March-3B carrier rocket.
- They were developed by the Innovation Academy for Microsatellites of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- The twin satellites entered orbit more than three hours after the launch. They will work together with 10 other BeiDou-3 satellites already in orbit.
- They were named after the Chinese term for the Big Dipper and started serving China in 2000 and the Asia-Pacific region in 2012.