- 1 Ministry of Women and Child Development to organize Poshan Abhiyan TECH- THON
- 2 Deepika Kumari wins archery gold at Salt Lake World Cup
- 3 Ministry of Health signs MoU with IGNOU
- 4 Kalki Koechlin receives French Honour, Knight of Order of Arts and Letters
- 5 India, Seychelles sign 6 MoUs on Seychelles President’s visit to India
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Ministry of Women and Child Development to organize Poshan Abhiyan TECH- THON
The Ministry of Women and Child Development on 25th June 2018 announced to organize a long day seminar on Technology Partnerships “TECH – THON” for steering POSHAN Abhiyan on 28th June 2018 at Parvasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.
POSHAN Abhiyan is also known as “Nutrition Mission” which is launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8th March 2018 in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
The POSHAN Abhiyan empowers the frontline functionaries such as Anganwadi Workers and Lady Supervisors by providing them smart phones.
Deepika Kumari wins archery gold at Salt Lake World Cup
Indian Archer Deepika Kumari has won Gold at the Salt Lake World Cup in the USA.
She defeated Germany’s Michelle Kroppen 7-3 in the women’s recurve event.
She has qualified for the Archery World Cup Final in Samsun, Turkey to be held in October 2018.
In her previous appearances to date at the Archery World Cup,she has won 4 silver medals in 2011, 2013, 2013, and 2015.
This is for the first time she has won Gold.
Ministry of Health signs MoU with IGNOU
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has signed MoU with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to scale up short-term health care courses through its platform.
Under the MoU, a curriculum for 10 courses, designed specifically for the Health Sector, will provide more than 14 Lakhs trained manpower by 2025.
With the setting up of 1.5 Lakhs Health and Wellness Centres (by 2022) there will be an urgent need for such health care providers.
Kalki Koechlin receives French Honour, Knight of Order of Arts and Letters
Actress Kalki Koechlin was conferred with the French distinction of Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters – Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, in French – for her contribution to enhancing Indo-French ties in cinema.
- Kalki has French roots, and the honour is a recognition for her striking roles in Indian cinema.
India, Seychelles sign 6 MoUs on Seychelles President’s visit to India
- Seychelles President Danny Faure, on his first bilateral visit to India, held talks with PM Narendra Modi on cooperation between the 2 nations. Here are the 6 MoUs signed between India and the Seychelles.
- An agreement on Sharing White Shipping Information between the Indian Navy and the National Information Sharing and Coordination Center of Seychelles.
- MoU for Indian Grant Assistance for Implementation of Small Development Projects through Local Bodies, Educational and Vocational Institutions.
- Twinning Agreement on the Establishment of Friendship and Cooperation between the Corporation of the City of Panaji (Municipal Corporation) and the City of Victoria of the Republic of Seychelles.
- A Cultural Exchange Programme between India and the Seychelles for 2018-2022.
- An MoU for cooperation in the area of Cyber Security, between India’s Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) and the Department of Information Communications Technology of Seychelles.
- An MoU between India’s Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs and the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Seychelles.