- 1 Supreme Court refuses to interfere with NGT Fiat on PVC Pipes
- 2 UNICEF Launches Data Visualization App for India’s Education Scenario
- 3 Tejaswini Sawant wins Gold at Munich Grand Prix
- 4 Finance Commission forms an expert panel to look into the Health Sector
- 5 India Commissions fourth ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Supreme Court refuses to interfere with NGT Fiat on PVC Pipes
- The Supreme Court on Friday refused to intervene with an order of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to freeze its own directive to publish a warning about hazardous lead content I Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipes.
- A Vacation bench of Justices A. M Khanwilkar and Indu Malhotra, however granted petitioner-advocate Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay liberty to approach the Tribunal.
UNICEF Launches Data Visualization App for India’s Education Scenario
- UNICEF has launched Data Visualization App, which provides user-friendly representation of complex analytics of the education scenario in the country.
- The app is designed by the National Institute of Education Planning and Administration (NIEPA) and the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT), with Technical Inputs from UNICEF.
- The app can be used as a visual tool by the Policy Makers, Senior Government Officials and Researchers to address gaps and monitor programs in the field of education.
- The app makes the use of the Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE), the National Assessment Survey (NAS) and Demographic Data.
Tejaswini Sawant wins Gold at Munich Grand Prix
- Former World Champion Tejaswini Sawant bagged gold in the 50 m rifle prone event at the Munich Grand Prix.
- She shot 621.4, just beating the compatriot Anjum Moudgil by 0.2 Points. Olivia Hofmann of Austria received Third Position (Bronze) who was behind Anjum by just 0.1 Points.
- In the men’s rifle prone event, Chain Singh won silver scoring 1 point behind the former Olympic and World Champion Mathew Emmons of the USA.
Finance Commission forms an expert panel to look into the Health Sector
- The 15th Finance Commission constituted a high level group of eminent experts to look after the Health Experts.
- The main objective of this panel is to examine the strengths and the weaknesses for the enabling the balanced expansion of the Health Sector.
- The panel will also look into bringing the Best International Practices for the Health Sector to India.
India Commissions fourth ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV
- The Indian Navy has inducted Landing Craft Utility LCU MK-IV vessel L54 at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- LCU MK-IV SHIP is an amphibious ship with its primary role being transportation and deployment of Main Battle Tanks, Armoured Vehicles, Troups and equipment from ship to shore.
- The ship, commanded by Lieutenant Commander Munish Sethi has a complement of 5 officers, 41 sailors and is capable of carrying 160 troops in addition.