- 1 India’s largest business incubator Bhamashah Techno Hub launched in Jaipur
- 2 BNHS to open its first regional center near Chilika Lake
- 3 U. K. Varma appointed Assocham Secretary General
- 4 Former President Pranab Mukherjee launches NETA app to rate MPs and MLAs
- 5 INS Vikramaditya to get marine hydraulic air wing upgrade from Russia
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
India’s largest business incubator Bhamashah Techno Hub launched in Jaipur
- Jaipur Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has launched India’s largest business incubator in the state.
- It is called the Bhamashah Techno Hub.
- The incubator will provide end-to-end support to startups.
- Everything from infrastructure, technology, angel funding, and access to venture capitalists, to mentorship, and exposure to national and international organizations will be covered.
BNHS to open its first regional center near Chilika Lake
- The Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) is set to open its first regional center in Odisha on the campus of Wetland Research and Training Centre near Chilika Lake.
- The avifauna observatory will carry out research on the avian disease by collecting samples and monitor Nalabana Bird Sanctuary.
- It also aims to identify the air routes of foreign birds flocking to Chilika lake during the winter.
- During the winter, Chilika Lake is home to nearly 1 million birds; 97 species are intercontinental migratory birds.
U. K. Varma appointed Assocham Secretary General
- Industry chamber Assocham has appointed former bureaucrat Uday Kumar Varma as its new Secretary General.
- Varma takes over from DS Rawat, who held the position for almost 14 years.
- Varma was the Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, till 2013.
Former President Pranab Mukherjee launches NETA app to rate MPs and MLAs
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee has launched the National Electoral Transformation (NETA) mobile application to rate Members of Parliament (MPs) and Members of Legislative Assembly (MLAs).
- The app is named “Neta – Leaders’ Report Card”, and has been conceived by entrepreneur Pratham Mittal.
- It is a platform where voters can review and rate their elected representatives and hold them accountable for their policies and actions.
INS Vikramaditya to get marine hydraulic air wing upgrade from Russia
- India’s only aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya will be fitted with a marine hydraulic system to boost its air operations.
- Technodinamika, a subsidiary of Russia’s Rostec State Corporation, will install the system in the Indian Navy Ship by May 2019.
- The GS-1MF hydraulic system is used in helicopters, while the GS-3 is used in aircraft.
- Hydraulics technology uses fluid pressure to power machines.