Cabinet approves National Digital Communications Policy
- The cabinet has approved a new telecom policy named National Digital Communications Policy (NDCP) 2018.
- The policy focuses on increasing high-speed broadband penetration, through the use of modern technologies such as 5G and optical fibers across the country.
- The policy aims to attract USD 100 billion investment and create 4 million jobs in the sector by 2022.
Mukesh Ambani tops Barclays Hurun Rich List for the 7th time in a row
- Mukesh Ambani has topped the ‘Barclays Hurun India Rich List 2018’ for the seventh consecutive year.
- Mukesh Ambani has a total estimated net worth of Rs.371,000 crore.
IAF successfully test fires BVR air-to-air missile Astra
- The Indian Air Force successfully test fired the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM) named Astra.
- The test was carried out from a Su-30 aircraft at the Air Force Station, Kalaikunda.
- Astra is the best in class weapon system and has undergone more than twenty developmental trials.
PM Modi receives UN’s highest environmental honor
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the UN’s highest environmental honor, the Champions of the Earth Award.
- The honor was also given to five other individuals and organizations.
- PM Modi received the award for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single-use plastic by 2022.