- 1 UIDAI relaxes minimum Aadhaar enrolment targets, related deadlines for banks
- 2 The license of Bhilwara Mahila Urban Co-operative Bank canceled by RBI
- 3 PNB’s Sunil Mehta has been selected as chairman of IBA
- 4 Justice Ranjan Gogoi to take charge as Chief Justice of India
- 5 ‘Krishna Kutir’: Home for widows inaugurated in Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
- UIDAI extended till November 1 the deadline for banks to do minimum Aadhaar enrolments and updations in identified branches.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asked banks to ensure that at least eight enrolments or updations are carried out daily in each stipulated branch from November 1, 2018, to avoid financial disincentives to be applicable from July 2018.
- Under the new deadline, the banks will have to ensure that minimum enrolment or updating be raised to 12 from January 1, 2019, and 16 from April 1, 2019, according to the UIDAI.
- The Banks have been mandated to set up Aadhaar Enrolment and updating facilities within the premises in out of 10 branches.
The license of Bhilwara Mahila Urban Co-operative Bank canceled by RBI
- The RBI has canceled the license of Rajasthan-based Bhilwara Mahila Urban Co-operative Bank as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The RBI said it has canceled the license of the bank with effect from the close of business on August 31, 2018.
- “The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The bank is not in a position to pay its present and future depositors in full as and when their claims accrue,” the apex bank (RBI) said.
PNB’s Sunil Mehta has been selected as chairman of IBA
- The Indian Banks Association (IBA) has elected Punjab National Bank’s managing director and chief executive, Sunil Mehta, as the new chairman for 2018-19.
- The managing committee of the banking lobby has also electedBank of India’s managing director and chief executive, Dina Bandhu Mohapatra, as the deputy chairman.
- Madhav Nair, country head and chief executive, Mashreqbank PSC, has been elected as the Honorary Secretary of the association for 2018-19, the IBA said.
Justice Ranjan Gogoi to take charge as Chief Justice of India
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi is set to take over as the new Chief Justice of India on October 3, 2018.
- His name has been recommended for the post by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra to the government.
- As per convention, the senior most judge of the Supreme Court is appointed the Chief Justice of India and Justice Ranjan Gogoi by virtue of his seniority should be next in line. He is expected to take oath on October 3.
‘Krishna Kutir’: Home for widows inaugurated in Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh
- The Minister for Women & Child Development, Smt Maneka Gandhi, along with Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Adityanath Yogi inaugurated the widows’ home ‘Krishna Kutir’ at Vrindavan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Krishna Kutir is a special home for 1000 widows set up by the Ministry of Women & Child Development under Swadhar Greh scheme of the Ministry and is the largest ever facility of its kind created by a government organization.
- It has been constructed at a cost of 57.48 Crores.WCD Ministry has started the Swadhar Greh scheme to provide such facilities to abandoned and shelterless women.
- This will not only reduce their difficulties but will also help them live a dignified life with a sense of confidence.