- 1 India to develop model to give flash flood warning to Asian nations
- 2 Indian Railways launches Mission Satyanishtha on ethics in public governance
- 3 Wrestler Bajrang Punia wins gold at Yasar Dogu International
- 4 Meghalaya Milk Mission launched in Shillong
- 5 NGT forms monitoring committee on Yamuna cleaning
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
India to develop model to give flash flood warning to Asian nations
- The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has assigned India the task of developing a model to issue an advance flood warning to Asian countries.
- India’s model will be used to give flash flood warning to Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand.
- The IMD will develop a customised weather model developed by the USA to warn of flash floods at least six hours in advance.
Indian Railways launches Mission Satyanishtha on ethics in public governance
- The Indian Railways has launched Mission Satyanishtha, which is a programme on ethics in public governance.
- The aim is to sensitize all railway employees about the need to adhere to good ethics and to maintain high standards of integrity at work.
Wrestler Bajrang Punia wins gold at Yasar Dogu International
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia won the gold medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey.
- It was his second consecutive gold medal. He won another gold earlier in the same month at the Tbilisi Grand Prix in Georgia.
- Punia defeated Andriy Kvyatkovskyy in the 71kg freestyle final, who conceded the bout due to injury.
- Sandeep Tomar won a silver medal in the 61kg final against Iran’s Mohammadbagher Yakhkeshi.
- Indian wrestlers bagged 10 medals at the ranking event in Istanbul, seven won by women.
Meghalaya Milk Mission launched in Shillong
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh, launched the Meghalaya Milk Mission in Shillong.
- The goal of the Meghalaya Milk Mission is to double farmer’s income by 2022 by promoting milk business in the state.
- The project has received sanctioned funding of Rs.215 crores through the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- The amount will be utilised for training, chilling centres and the purchase of milch animals.
- One of the main aims of the Meghalaya Milk Mission is to substitute the import of milk with the state’s own milk production.
NGT forms monitoring committee on Yamuna cleaning
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has formed a monitoring committee on the cleaning of the Yamuna.
- The committee will have to submit an action plan on the issue.
- The green panel asked the Haryana and Uttar Pradesh governments to assist the committee on Yamuna rejuvenation.
- The Tribunal has also directed the authorities to take strict action against encroachments on the Yamuna floodplains.
- The NGT is chaired by A K Goel.