- 1 Suresh Prabhu launches “ReUnite” mobile app to trace missing children
- 2 NASA to launch world’s lightest satellite designed by Chennai Students
- 3 Railway Eliminates all Unmanned level crossings from 4 Zones
- 4 Government Notifies Electoral Bond Scheme
- 5 IRDA approves LIC – IDBI Bank Deal
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Suresh Prabhu launches “ReUnite” mobile app to trace missing children
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application called ReUnite.
- The app will help to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India.
- The multiuser app will allow parents and citizens to upload pictures of children providing details such as name, birthmark, address etc. and report it to the police.
- The app will use Amazon Rekognition, a web facial recognition service to identify missing children.
NASA to launch world’s lightest satellite designed by Chennai Students
- Four First Year Engineering students from Chennai have built the world’s smallest and lightest satellite.
- NASA plans to launch the mini-satellite into space in August 2018, along with other scientific material.
- The 4cm cube satellite is named as Jai Hind – 1S and weighs only 33.39 grams.
- It was built using a 3 D Printer, the outer casing is made from polylactic acid (PLA) Nylon Material.
Railway Eliminates all Unmanned level crossings from 4 Zones
- The Indian Railways has unmanned all the unmanned level crossings from four zones. It has targeted to remove all such crossings in 11 of its zones by September 2018.
- On broad gauge routes, West Central Railway, Central Railway, Eastern Railway, and South East Central Railway which jointly covers 11, 545 route kilometers – have become free of unmanned level crossings (UMLCs).
Government Notifies Electoral Bond Scheme
- The Government of India has launched the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018, under which anyone who is citizen of India or incorporated or established in India and will be able to purchase the Electoral Bonds.
- The scheme allows the people to purchase Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals.
- Electoral Bonds will be encashable by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank Account with the Authorized Bank, State Bank of India.
IRDA approves LIC – IDBI Bank Deal
- The Board of Insurance and Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has approved Life Insurance Corporation Proposal to the acquisition up to 51% stake.
- The Insurance Regulator gave the insurer exemption from 15% Investment Cap.
- The LIC is expected to invest Rs 10, 000 to Rs 13, 000 Crore in tranches in the NPA mired state rum leader.
- The deal will also require approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India.