- 1 IBM partners with Indian IT companies for disaster management solutions
- 2 Swapna Barman becomes first Indian heptathlete to win Asian Games gold
- 3 Arunachal Assembly passes the bill for creation of 3 new districts
- 4 First SAARC Agricultural Cooperative Business Forum held in Kathmandu, Nepal
- 5 Google unveils new platform ‘Navlekha’ for Indian vernacular news publishers
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
IBM partners with Indian IT companies for disaster management solutions
- Global and Indian firms have joined the Call for Code Global Initiative for solutions to tackle natural disasters.
- The firms that have come together include IBM, Persistent Systems, Invest India, Wipro, Capgemini, and Nasscom.
- Call for Code is a global initiative that aims to build global solutions for disaster management.
- IBM, the American Red Cross, and United Nations Human Rights Organisation are the founding members of the initiative.
Swapna Barman becomes first Indian heptathlete to win Asian Games gold
- Swapna Barman became the first Indian heptathlete to win an Asian Games gold medal.
- 21-year-old Barman scored 6,026 points from the seven events that she participated in over two days.
- She won the high jump (1,003 points) and javelin throw (872 points), and finished second in the shot put (707 points) and long jump (865 points).
- In the 100m and 200m race, she placed 5th and 7th, respectively, scoring 981 and 790 points.
Arunachal Assembly passes the bill for creation of 3 new districts
- The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly has passed a Bill for the creation of three new districts in the state.
- The three new districts are Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada, and Shi Yomi.
- Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein introduced the Arunachal Pradesh Re-Organisation of Districts (Amendment) Bill, 2018, in the House.
First SAARC Agricultural Cooperative Business Forum held in Kathmandu, Nepal
- The first SAARC Agriculture Cooperative Business Forum was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The theme is Organizing and Strengthening Family Farmers’ Cooperatives.
- The aim of the forum is to attain certain small development goals (SDG-1 and SDG-2) in South Asia.
- The forum is being co-organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Asian Farmers’ Association.
- Google announced Project Navlekha at its 4th edition of Google for India Event.
- Project Navlekha will enable regional language Indian news publishers to publish their content online.
- The aim of the project is to expand the reach of Indian content.