- 1 Surendra Rosha named HSBC India CEO
- 2 Govt to set up committee to revive stressed thermal power plants
- 3 ‘Made in India’ V-46-6 and V92S2 tank engines handed over to Army
- 4 Rajasthan Signs MoU for 1st cow sanctuary in state
- 5 Invest India, UAE Ministry sign MoU for technological cooperation
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Surendra Rosha named HSBC India CEO
- HSBC has announced the appointment of Surendra Rosha as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for HSBC India, subject to regulatory approvals.
- Rosha is currently HSBC’s Head of Financial Institutions Group (FIG) for Asia-Pacific and has 27 years of experience in the financial services sector.
- Rosha succeeds Jayant Rikhye as the CEO of HSBC.
- HSBC stands for Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
Govt to set up committee to revive stressed thermal power plants
- The Government will set up a high level empowered committee to revive stressed thermal power projects.
- The committee will be headed by cabinet secretary P K Sinha.
- The Committee will look into various issues with the aim of resolving them and maximising the efficiency of investment.
‘Made in India’ V-46-6 and V92S2 tank engines handed over to Army
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman handed over two types of indigenously built high-power multi-fuel engine – the V-46-6 and the V92S2 – to the Army.
- The V92S2 engine is a 1000 HP power unit that drives the T-90 Bhisma Tank.
- The V-46-6 engine powers the T-72 Ajeya Tank and its variants.
- The 2 Made in India engines were manufactured based on Russian designs.
- Making these engines in India is expected to save Rs.80 crore every year.
Rajasthan Signs MoU for 1st cow sanctuary in state
- The Rajasthan Government has signed an MoU with a private trust, Sohanlalji Buladeviji Ojha Gaushala Samiti, to build its first Cow Sanctuary.
- The sanctuary will serve as a shelter for 10,000 cows.
- The cow sanctuary will be spread over an area of around 220 hectares in Bikaner district.
Invest India, UAE Ministry sign MoU for technological cooperation
- Invest India and the UAE Minister for Artificial Intelligence signed an MoU for India-UAE Artificial Intelligence Bridge.
- The MoU is expected to increase development across areas such as Blockchain, AI and Analytics.
- Data and processing are expected to be the catalysts for innovation and business growth in the near future.