RBI issues License to Bank of China to operate in India
The Reserve Bank of India has licensed Bank of China to operate in India.
Bank of China will set up operating offices in the country.
It will be the second Chinese Bank that is allowed to operate in India, after Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
UK’s Standard Chartered Bank has the most number of branches (100) in India.
Bengaluru to get India’s first e-waste Plant
Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Ananth Kumar has revealed that India’s first e-waste recycling unit will come up in Bengaluru.
The unit is expected to be ready in 4 months.
The amount of e-waste generated is on the rise and is estimated to touch 52 Lakh tonnes in 2020.
In a 2016 study by Assocham and KPMG, India was in top 5 nations in terms of waste.
Aaron Finch breaks own records of highest T20I Score
Australia Captain Aaron Finch scored 172 off 76 balls in a T20 International against Zimbabwe, breaking his own record T20I Record of 156 against England in 2013.
The 31- year old Batsman reached this achievement scoring 16 Fours and 10 Sixes, at a strike rate of 226. 32
Finch put on a record opening stand of 223 with D’ Arcy Shot, taking the record away from Martin Guptill and Kane Williamson of New Zealand who scored 171 runs against Pakistan in 2016.
He fell to a hit wicket off Blessing Muzarabani.
KVIC launches e-marketing system
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched its e-marketing system named Khadi Institution Management and Information System (KIMIS).
- The single-umbrella e-marketing system has been developed in-house by the KVIC IT team.
- The system can be accessed from anywhere in the country for the sale and purchase of Khadi and Village Industries products.
- The software will give real-time data of sales; it will also give update on the status of stocks of khadi bhawans and godowns.
- 480 Khadi institutions and showrooms are linked with this billing software.
India’s indigenous fighter aircraft Tejas commences operation at Sulur
- Indigenous fighter aircraft Tejas of No 45 Squadron ‘The Flying Daggers’ formally commenced operations from the Air Force Station at Sulur near Coimbatore.
- Tejas is the first advanced fly-by-wire fighter aircraft designed, developed and manufactured in India.
- It is equipped with a satellite aided Inertial Navigation System.
- The aircraft has a digital computer-based attack system and autopilot mode.
- The Southern Air Command base at Tiruvananthapuram, Kerala will take up the responsibility of integrating the fighter into Air Force’s Concept of Operations.
Latest Current Affairs
- 27th September 2018 Current Affairs
- 26th September 2018 Current Affairs
- 25th September 2018 Current Affairs
- 24th September 2018 Current Affairs
- 22nd September 2018 Current Affairs
1 CommentAdd a Comment
I submitted my rrb online requirement form without Aadhar card number. now I want to correction my form please help me how to correct