- 1 Government reappoints Anil D Sahasrabudhe as AICTE Chairman
- 2 Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra wins gold at Sotteville athletics meet
- 3 UNEP partners with Google to monitor impact of human activity on ecosystem
- 4 Cabinet approves MoU between India and Indonesia on cooperation on pharmaceutical products
- 5 Cabinet approves MoU amongst BRICS Nations on RAPC
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
Government reappoints Anil D Sahasrabudhe as AICTE Chairman
- The union government has renewed the appointment of Prof. Anil D Sahasrabudhe as the chairman of the education regulator All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- He will hold the post until the age of 65 years.
- Prof. Sahasrabudhe was initially appointed to the post of Chairman of the education regulator in July 2015.
Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra wins gold at Sotteville athletics meet
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won the gold medal at the Sotteville Athletics Meet in France.
- He secured top spot on the podium with a throw of 85.17m.
- Second spot on the podium went to Moldova’s Andrian Mardare, whose throw was some way behind Neeraj’s, at 81.48m..
- Third at the event was Lithuania’s Edis Matusevicius, with a throw of 79.31m.
UNEP partners with Google to monitor impact of human activity on ecosystem
- The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) has entered into a partnership with Google to monitor the impact of human activity on global ecosystems.
- The agreement will see Google provide sophisticated online tools for the purpose.
- The partnership aims to develop a platform to enable governments, NGOs and the public to easily be able to track specific environment-related development targets.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Indonesia on cooperation on pharmaceutical products
- The Union Cabinet has given approval for an MoU between India and Indonesia for cooperation in the field of pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical substances, biological product and cosmetics regulatory functions.
- The MoU will help understand each other’s regulatory requirements.
- It will also establish cooperation and exchange of information relating to pharmaceutical products regulation.
Cabinet approves MoU amongst BRICS Nations on RAPC
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU amongst BRICS nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation (RAPC).
- BRICS nations include Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, as the acronym is made up of the first letters of their names.
- The objective is to establish an institutional framework to cooperate in the field of civil aviation.
- Among other aims of the agreement are airport infrastructure management, innovation, environment sustainability, qualification and training, and technical cooperation.