- 1 Govt launches Bidder Information Management System and Bhoomi Rashi-PFMS linkage portals
- 2 Indra Nooyi to step down after 12 years as PepsiCo CEO
- 3 Japan overtakes China to become world’s 2nd largest stock market
- 4 Italian bike-maker Benelli signs MoU for plant in Telangana
- 5 World’s first thermal battery plant inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
- Nitin Gadkari launched Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage portals.
- The BIMS and Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage portals aim at making the pre-construction processes relating to bidding and land acquisition easier.
- Bhoomi Rashi is a portal developed by MoRTH and NIC. It comprises of the entire revenue data of the country, including 6.4 lakh villages.
- BIMS is aimed at making the pre-qualification of bidders more transparent.
Indra Nooyi to step down after 12 years as PepsiCo CEO
- Indra Nooyi will step down as chief executive officer (CEO) of food and beverage giant PepsiCo in October.
- She will remain chairman until early 2019.
- Nooyi is the first foreign-born CEO of Pepsi and the first woman to lead the company.
- Ramon Laguarta, who is currently president of the company, will take over as PepsiCo CEO, becoming just the sixth CEO in the 53-year history of the company.
Japan overtakes China to become world’s 2nd largest stock market
- Japan has pipped China to the world’s number two stock market, a Bloomberg report says.
- The Chinese market was worth $6.09 trillion, while Japan’s was valued at $6.17 trillion.
- At number one spot is the US market, which is the world’s largest at just over $31 trillion.
- Chinese stocks and currency fell this year amid a trade disagreement with the US.
Italian bike-maker Benelli signs MoU for plant in Telangana
- Italian motorcycle-maker Benelli has signed an MoU with the Telangana Government to set up an assembly facility in the state.
- Benelli will initially start assembling CKD (completely knocked down) kits.
- The plant will have a capacity of assembling 10,000 bikes at first.
World’s first thermal battery plant inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh
- The world’s first thermal battery plant has been unveiled in Andhra Pradesh by the state’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
- The batteries will be manufactured by the Bharat Energy Storage Technology Private Limited (BEST).
- The aim is to boost renewable sources of energy production and reduce the dependence on non-renewable fossil fuel-based energy generation.
- The new type of battery will be used to store energy for telecommunications, commercial establishments, electric vehicles and highway charging stations.