- 1 India, France sign agreement on “Mobilise Your City” (MYC)
- 2 Monetary limit for filing cases in DRT doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- 3 Google launches new search engine ‘Dataset Search’ for scientists, data journalists
- 4 Govt launches National Mission on Government e Marketplace (GeM)
- 5 Piyush Goyal launches mobile app ‘Aapoorti’ for e-procurement activities
- 6 Latest Current Affairs
India, France sign agreement on “Mobilise Your City” (MYC)
- India and France have signed an implementation agreement on “Mobilise Your City” (MYC).
- Mobilise Your City (MYC) is part of an international initiative supported by the French and the German Governments. It was launched in December 2015.
- The European Union has agreed to 3.5 million euro for investments and technical assistance.
- The MYC in India will first support three pilot cities – Nagpur, Kochi, and Ahmedabad.
- The aim is to reduce Green House Gas (GHG) emissions related to urban transport.
Monetary limit for filing cases in DRT doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- The Union government has doubled the pecuniary limit for filing loan recovery applications in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRTs) by banks and financial institutions.
- The new lower limit for loan recovery is set for Rs. 20 lakh.
- Banks or financial institutions cannot approach DRTs if the amount due is less than Rs. 20 lakh.
- The aim is to help reduce the number of such cases pending.
Google launches new search engine ‘Dataset Search’ for scientists, data journalists
- Google has launched a new search tool or search engine called Dataset Search geared at scientists and data journalists, and anyone who wants to “satisfy their intellectual curiosity”.
- Dataset Search focuses on results for academic studies and scientific reports.
- Dataset Search will allow users to find datasets where they’re hosted. That could be on a publisher’s website, at a digital library, or even on an author’s personal web page.
Govt launches National Mission on Government e Marketplace (GeM)
- The aim is to accelerate the adoption and use of GeM by major central Ministries, State Governments and their agencies.
- The goal of the National Mission is to promote inclusiveness, transparency, and efficiency in public procurement and achieve cashless, contactless and paperless transaction.
- The GeM platform provides online, end-to-end solutions for procurement of commonly used goods and services for all Central Government Departments and State Governments
Piyush Goyal launches mobile app ‘Aapoorti’ for e-procurement activities
- Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal, has launched a mobile app called ‘Aapoorti’.
- The app is of the Indian Railways e-procurement system (IREPS).
- The app will provide information and data related to e-tendering and e-auction related activities of the Indian Railways.
- The app was launched at a seminar on ‘Leveraging IT for Mobility’.