As you all know that, Railway has made its Recruitment Program completely online. Starting from the Application Form to the Declaration of the Results. The RRB has also releases the Exam Pattern for RRB ALP Computer Based Test which we will get to know in the further section of this article.The RRB will be conducting Computer Based Test to shortlist the candidates. The Railway Application Forms starts soon. The RRB ALP CBT Exam 2021 will start from September 2021 (Expected). The CBT Exam will be conducted in three shifts per day.
This year we are expecting that Railway Recruitment Board will released a massive number of vacancies for ALP and Group D Posts. The Recruitment Drive is offering around 89,409 Posts for both ALP & Technician and Group D Posts (expected).
The Exams of RRB ALP and Group D will be held online, which means that a Computer Based Test will be held to select the candidates for further recruitment procedure. In this article, we will provide you the basic details about CBT and how to attempt a CBT in Railway Recruitment Exam.
What is Computer Based Test?
A Computer Based Test is a smart way to answer the Competitive Examinations. It is the future of many Entrance Exams. Many major Examinations in India have adopted the Computer Based Mode Test and now the Railways has also adopted the CBT Technique. It allows the Testing Center and offers more consistent delivery, faster scoring and reporting and enhanced test security.
Many of the applicants fear about attempting CBT, this can be due to many reasons such as:
- First and foremost, the procedure is tough and confusing.
- It becomes quite tough to answer the Questions due to the Time Limit
- Power Failure
- Technical Glitches or Failure etc.
So, to rip out this fear out of the candidates, we will explain the process of how to attempt a CBT in the Railway Recruitment Exam 2021.
Exam Pattern of RRB ALP 2021
The RRB ALP First Stage CBT Exam will be conducted from September 2021. Candidates can check the Exam Pattern of RRB ALP 2021 here for a better understanding of the Examination.
- The total time duration of RRB ALP First Stage CBT is 60 Minutes and 80 Minutes is the total time duration for the PWD candidates accompanied with the Scribe.
- The Questions asked will be in Multiple Choice Objective Type Format.
- Total Number of Questions asked in RRB ALP CBT is 75 Questions.
Marks Distribution of RRB ALP First Stage CBT 2021 (Section Wise)
Number of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Awareness and Current Affairs
Total Number of Marks
How to Attempt a CBT Exam in Railway Examinations
RRB activates the Mock Test Link for all the ALP applicants who will apply for the exam. Candidates can take this test if they have a confusion or worried about how to answer the RRB ALP CBT Exam. The step by step procedure to attempt a Computer Based Test in Railway Recruitment Exams is as follows:
- When you enter the Examination Centre, a system will be allotted to you for CBT. You will have to start the test when the invigilator will instruct to start.
- In the Login Page, the candidate has to enter the User ID and the Password (that is given) and log in.
- Soon after logging, read all the General Instructions carefully. The General Instruction comprises of the details of the examination, how to navigate a question and answer a question. Read the instructions carefully before proceeding to answer.
- After going through all the Instructions, candidate have to click on “Next”.
- Now the candidates have to select the Language Mode and click on the agreement of the “Terms and Condition” statement.
- And now click on “Login”
- The questions will be displayed on the screen. Attempt the questions that you know.
- At the rightmost corner, there will be a timely notification to guide you.
- If you are confident about your answer then you can click on “save and next” option.
- If you are not satisfied with your answer, then you can choose/ select “Clear Response”.
- If you have answered a question but still doubtful with the answer, then you can select “Mark for Review and Next”. Answers will be considered for evaluation for this option.
- To change your answer of the question that has been already answered, you need to first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering.
- After attempting the questions you know, click on “Submit” button. Once the allotted time elapses, it will be automatically submitted.
- At the end of the Examination, An Exam Summary will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on “Are you sure you wish to submit this group of questions for marking?”. Click Yes or No.
- Then Click on “OK” to submit.
- At the End, the candidates have to fill in the Feedback Form and submit.
- A dialog box will be displayed saying that- “You have successfully attempted the Exam”.
- Click on the “Exit Button”.