Check out the JEE Main Eligibility 2019. The JEE Main Eligibility criteria are the set prescribed conditions that an aspirant must fulfill in order to appear for the JEE Main Examination 2019
The JEE Main Eligibility Criteria is mostly concerned with the factors that include age, educational qualification, Nationality etc. The aspirants need to make sure that they satisfy each of the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria before applying for JEE Main Examination. Apart from this, Be aware of the fact that the JEE Main acts as a first step to advance to the next round i.e JEE ADVANCE.
If you guys are looking for the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility, you have landed on the right spot. In this article, we are providing the readers with every minute details related to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019. Candidates need not look anywhere else beyond this article as every useful insight into the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria is conveyed through this portal.
JEE Main Eligibility 2019 will be published by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is the main exam conducting authority which organizes the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main). This exam is a national level examination conducts to provide admissions in undergraduate engineering courses in IITs, NITs, and IIITs. It is conducted in online (computer based mode) mode. Before filling the application form candidates must have satisfied themselves with the eligibility criteria that they are eligible for the paper which they are applying for. Here in this article, we have provided the information about officially announced JEE Mains 2019 Eligibility.
About JEE Main Examination 2019
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations – JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The exams are of the objective pattern. JEE Advanced is regarded internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests. It is conducted in online (computer based mode) mode.
JEE Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may opt for either or both of them. Both papers contain multiple choice questions. Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses and is conducted in online modes. Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning courses and is conducted offline only.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Examination was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2019 – JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
To ease the troubles of the candidates and to reduce their anxiety and stress, below we are providing the JEE Main Examination Eligibility Criteria 2019. The JEE Main Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Basic Eligibility for JEE Main 2019
- Age factor
- Subject combination
- Number of Attempts
- Educational Qualification
- Year of passing the Qualifying Examination
Basic JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can apply for JEE Main exam only three times.
- Aadhaar Card is compulsory to apply for this exam.
Educational Qualifications for JEE Main 2019
- The candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Date of Birth or JEE Main 2019
- Candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1993, are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2019 exam.
- For the Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD), must have been born on or after October 1, 1988, to be eligible for JEE Main. Candidates of these categories have been given a relaxation of 5 years.
Year of Passing the Qualifying Examination
The candidates also need to fulfill the below JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed class XII or qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates appearing in class XII or equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 can also apply for JEE Main.
List of Qualifying Examinations
To be eligible for the JEE Main 2019, the candidates must qualify the below-given examination.
- Class 12 board exam which any recognized central/ state Board conducts; such as CBSE, ISCE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination which a recognized Board/ University holds.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ University/ Board examination in India or in any foreign country which the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognizes as equivalent to the 12th standard.
List of Qualifying Examination Recognised by IITs
To be eligible for the JEE Main 2019, the candidates must qualify the below-given examination recognized by IITs
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma which AICTE recognizes or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate
- Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- If the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, then the student should have passed at least one public either Board or Pre-University examination at an earlier level.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates – January
|Online availability of application form||September 1, 2018|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading of scanned images||September 30, 2018|
|JEE Main Mock Test||August 2018|
|JEE Main Admit Card||Last week of December 2018|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam (Computer Based Test)||January 6 to 20, 2019|
|Answer Key and OMR sheets display||After January 20, 2019|
|Answer Key challenge acceptance||January last week, 2019|
|JEE Main Result||First week of February 2019|
JEE Main Important Dates 2019 – April
|Online availability of application form||the Second week of February, 2019|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading of scanned images||Last week of February, 2019|
|Admit Card availability||Last week of March, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam (Computer Based Test)||April 7 to 21, 2019|
|Answer Key and OMR sheets||After April 21, 2019|
|Answer Key challenge acceptance||April last week, 2019|
|JEE Main Result||First week of May, 2019|
|All India Ranks declaration||May, 2019|
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning
- For Admission into B.E/B. Tech, the candidates must have Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For Admission into B.Arch./B.Planning, the Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
Number of Attempts for JEE Main 2019
Candidates can only appear for 3 times for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam. After this, they will not be allowed to appear in the JEE Main Examination 2019.
Availability of Aadhaar Card For JEE Main 2019
All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)–2019, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
Candidates must ensure that the details provided in their Aadhaar Card matches with that of their school records
In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2019. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has the correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records.
If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
For candidates who do not have their Aadhaar Cards, they will have to fill an application for Aadhaar enrolment if they are entitled to obtain it as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act.
Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. These candidates have to enter their passport number, bank account number, ration card number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination center in these states only.
JEE 2019 Main Eligibility Criteria (State Code)
In case if the candidate has appeared In case, a candidate has passed class 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination from a particular state but has appeared for improvement from a different state, then his or her state code of JEE Main Eligibility will be the one from where he or she has originally passed 10+2 class or equivalent qualifying exam.