KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) 2018: KVPY 2018 Registration has started from 11th July 2018. KVPY a pre-PhD national level programme run by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is an ongoing fellowship programme for basic sciences which is funded by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. For the selection of candidature for this fellowship, a series of aptitude test and personal interviews are conducted by IISc. The objective of the programme is to identify talent and aptitude in students for research and help them to realize their academic potential. The interested candidates can go through the below article for further details about registration procedure, tentative dates of exam and the complete process. Selected candidates will be provided with a stipend of Rs 5000 in the first 3 years which will subsequently increase to Rs 7000 in 4th and 5th year.
- 1 KVPY Important Dates 2018
- 2 KVPY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2018
- 3 KVPY 2018 APPLICATION FORM
- 4 KVPY 2018: APPLICATION FEE
- 5 KVPY EXAM PATTERN 2018
- 6 KVPY EXAM SYLLABUS 2018
- 7 KVPY Admit Card 2018
- 8 KVPY ANSWER KEY 2018
- 9 RESULT DECLARATION 2018
- 10 INTERVIEW PROCESS 2018
- 11 DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW
- 12 KVPY MERIT LIST 2018
KVPY Important Dates 2018
The KVPY 2018 related with the registration and examination is given here. Candidates must abide by the dates for the due registration, payment of fee, and test dates to avoid any late candidature which might lead upto cancellation of candidature.
|Registration Starts||11th July 2018 at 5.00 PM|
|Registration Ends||31st August 2018 at 5 PM|
|Last date of Fee payment||31st August 2018 at 5 PM|
|Availability of Admit Card||Second week of October|
|Date of Aptitude Test||4th November 2018|
|List of Shortlisted Candidates for Interview||4th week of December, 2018.|
|Date of Interview||2nd week January, 2019-2nd week February, 2019.|
|Date of Result||1st week of April, 2019.|
KVPY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2018
KVPY 2018 aspirant must fulfil the following eligibility criteria. Students must go through each criteria thoroughly to avoid any kind of error which might invite cancellation of candidature and the case would be treated as a fraudulent.
- Only national candidates can apply for the fellowship upto pre-PhD level.
- Stream A: candidates appearing in 11th standard (Science with maths/ biology) require 75% marks in the 10th result (65% for reserved category).
- Stream X: candidates appearing in 12th standard (Science with maths/ biology) require 75% marks in 10th result (65% for reserved category), 60% marks in the 12th result (50% for reserved category).
- Stream B: candidates appearing in undergraduates courses require 60% in 12th and first-year final exam (50% for reserved category).
- Based on aptitude test result candidates are selected for next round of personal interviews for the final selection.
KVPY 2018 APPLICATION FORM
Application for registration of KVPY fellowship process will be starting from 3rd week of July 2018 & submission extends upto the 4th week of August 2018. Personal and academic details along with the choice of exam centre and scanned images of candidate’s photo and signature would be required for the successful submission of the form. The application stands valid only after the payment of requisition fee. The availability of the admit card will be around the 3rd week of October 2018 and proposed the date of exam will be in 1st week of November 2018. The complete registration procedure of the exam is given step by step here.
A brief procedure for registration of the KVPY fellowship exam is given below. Follow the steps thoroughly, go through the important instructions thoroughly, prepare the documents beforehand to avoid any discrepancy in detailing. All the necessary documents or scanned documents of photograph and signature must be prepared beforehand as the given specification to avoid any vague, or incompatible file format issues. Candidate must possess legal Email address and phone number. Following are the steps to be followed while filing the KVPY fellowship form 2018.
- Access the link provided, read all the important instructions before advancing to registration.
- Check the disclaimer and advance to the link for registration.
- Fill up the basic details like: Name, Gender, DOB, Category, Nationality, Email, Phone number, etc. and submit.
- Confirmation email and sms is generated for successful submission. Login ID and password must be secured.
- After login, edit the scanned documents.
|Photograph||Passport size, JPEG format, less than 500kb|
|Signature||JPEG format, less than 200 kb.|
|Caste certificate (SC/ST)||PDF format only|
|Medical certificate (PWD)||PDF format only|
KVPY 2018: APPLICATION FEE
For the successful submission of the form, a minimum amount of exam fee is supposed to be submitted through the portal of KVPY 2018. The exam fee can be submitted via credit card/ debit card/ internet banking/ e-challan (NEFT/RTGS). E-challan can be downloaded from the application portal and can be submitted at any national bank of India branch. The application fee amounts to Rs 1000 for General/ OBC category and Rs 500 for reserved category (SC/ST/PWD). The most tentative date for the last submission of the exam fees is supposedly the end of the August 2018.
KVPY EXAM PATTERN 2018
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana fellowship follows a particular exam pattern which is described below. To accommodate the wide range of varied level of candidate, KVPY conducts exam in 3 streams; Stream SA, Stream SX, Stream SB.
- The KVPY fellowship exam is conducted in online mode only in both English and Hindi language.
- Stream SA: 4 subjects namely physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics each consisting of 20 questions each. All questions are compulsory to be attempted.
- Stream SX/SB: 4 subjects physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology consisting of 30 questions each. Any 3 sections in part I and 2 sections in part II are compulsory to be attended.
- The complete exam is of 100 marks. Total time for exam is 3 hours.
- The whole exam is multiple choice question (MCQ) based.
KVPY EXAM SYLLABUS 2018
For each stream, basic science mathematics at each level is the important subject matter for the KVPY exam 2018. detailed syllabus of the exam is provided here for further reference.
For SA stream: Basic Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology syllabus till 10th standard.
For SX stream: Basic Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology syllabus till 10th & 11th standard.
For SB stream: Basic Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology syllabus till 12th standard and basic science syllabus of initiation of bachelors.
KVPY Admit Card 2018
The admit card for KVPY 2018 can be obtained from the official website kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. To download the admit card login into the account with provided ID and password and download the copy. Candidate must keep 2 copies of printout of the admit card. Availability of the admit card will be from 2nd week of October 2018. Representation of the Admit card, when asked at the centre of the exam, at the entry, for marking the presence at the exam, and as a purpose of identification of candidature of the fellowship exam, is necessary. Loss or misplacement of Admit card would lead to disqualification from appearance for the exam. Candidates are advised to keep 2 copies of admit card to avoid any misplacement.
KVPY ANSWER KEY 2018
Question papers and answer keys of KVPY 2018, will be published by the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana after the examination. Consultation of answer key would help candidates to approximate their candidature for further rounds; though final results are under the jurisdiction of KVPY only. Publication of the answer keys of each subject section wise would be available on the official website of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
RESULT DECLARATION 2018
The result of KVPY 2018, aptitude test will be declared in last week of December 2018. candidates are requested to keep the track of further notifications. A list of passed candidates would be released and would be further called for interview round at tentative dates. The shortlisted candidates would be able to download their interview call letter from the official website. Candidates who wish to know about their selection can also login into their respective login accounts to finalize their candidature for national fellowship, if selected a download link for the interview call letter would be provided. The result would be declared in a pdf format stream wise after scrutiny by the officials. Results won’t be announced by posts so it’s the students’ responsibility to check the result. Result announced by the KVPY would be treated as the final and no request of rechecking would be entertained.
INTERVIEW PROCESS 2018
After the declaration of results, the Personal Interview round will be conducted from 2nd week of January 2019 to 2nd week of February 2019. Broadly the personal interview questions consist of topics like personal information, general information, educational topics, aptitude approach and logical reasoning. A copy of the announced result, interview call letter, admit card and ID proof would be required for appearing in the interview.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INTERVIEW
- Application form copy
- Admit card of Aptitude Test
- Original Marks card.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST
- Medical Certificate for PWD
- A self-appraisal form
- Study certificate form
KVPY MERIT LIST 2018
Indian Institute of Science will release the provisional list of candidates in order of merit, recommended for the Award of KVPY Fellowship-2018. The merit of the student would be based on the marks obtained by a candidate: 75% of marks from Aptitude test + 25% marks obtained in Interview.