Check out the CSAB Special Round 1 and Special Round 2 Counselling procedure. Check out the CSAB Special Round 1 Counselling Result 2018.
CSAB is conducting the two special Round 1 and special Round 2 for the vacant seats to fill the vacant seats at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and other GFTIs (Except IITs) after completion of all the JoSAA Rounds.
Before Special Rounds, Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) filled the seats through seven rounds of counselling. JoSAA consisted of representatives from the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2018 representing the IITs and the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) 2018 representing the NITs, IIEST, IIITs and other GFTIs. The CSAB will conduct the two special Round this year. The special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs of CSAB 2018 is only for those candidates who are not allotted seats in JoSAA 2018 counselling and have a valid JEE Main scores. The Candidates can visit the official website of CSAB i.e csab.nic.in
The seat allotment for CSAB 2018 special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs will be done according to the candidates’ merit and preferences.
Latest update about CSAB Special Round counselling
The CSAB will announce the Special Round 1 Counselling Result on 28th July after 2.00p.m. Candidates must keep checking the website of CSAB i.e csab.nic.in
Important events for CSAB Special Round
|Registration, Choice Filling and Payment of Fees||July 24 to 27, 2018|
|The announcement of Seat Allotment (Round-1)||July 28, 2018|
|Online Seat Acceptance & Institute Reporting or Surrender Allotted Seat||July 28 to 30, 2018|
|The announcement of Seat Allotment (Round-2)||July 31, 2018|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutes (In-person)||August 1to 3rd|
Eligibility Criteria for CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and CFTIs 2018
- Candidates must qualify JEE Main 2018
- Candidates who are eligible for JoSAA 2018 will be eligible for participating into the special round of CSAB for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
- Candidates who have not registered in JoSAA till now but are eligible as per their JEE Main 2018 rank will also be eligible for participating in CSAB 2018.
Candidates who have participated in JoSAA and got allotted a seat will also be eligible
Candidates who have participated in JoSAA but did not get any seat will (except IITs)Candidates, who have opted ‘Not to Participate in Special Round’ at the time of reporting at the allotted institute during July 19 to 23 are not eligible to register for special Round.
- Candidates must have secured minimum aggregate marks, that is 45% (40% for reserved categories) in 10+2th standard or equivalent exam.
Counselling Process of CSAB special round for NITs, IIITs and CFTIs 2018
The counselling session of CSAB 2018 special round includes six steps. All the six steps of CSAB 2018 special round for NITs, IIITs and CFTIs counselling are explained in detail below:
After the payment of the special round of CSAB 2018 candidates will have to register online. What candidates need to know is that registration process and updating of candidate’s profile will be same as was for JoSAA 2018. During Registration, candidates other than those who have reported at allotted Institute after JoSAA 2018 round 7 can update their state of eligibility, nationality, gender and Category/PwD (only from Beneficiary to non-Beneficiary Category.
Documents to upload while Applying for the Special Round Counselling
- Class X Certificate
- class XII Marksheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- State of Eligibility Certificate, if the candidate has passed Class XII from outside India.
Payment of fees
After registration of CSAB 2018 special round for NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs candidates need to pay the mentioned below counselling fees using SBI MOPS.
Fee for Gen/OBC (Rs)
Fee for SC/ST/PWD (Rs)
Candidates who are eligible, but didn’t pay seat acceptance fee in JoSAA 2018 It also includes those candidates who didn’t register for JoSAA 2018 or register but didn’t get a seat.
Candidate whose last (7 round) seat allotted in JoSAA 2018 was in IIT and Reported at RC
|Candidate whose last (till 7round) seat allotted in JoSAA rounds was in NIT/IIIT/Other GFTI||
The candidate who got a seat allotted in SC/ST/PWD category; paid Seat Acceptance Fee of ₹ 15,000a) The seat got cancelled at RC and the category of the candidate was converted to GEN/OBC/non-PwD. OR
b) The candidate changes his/her category to Gen/OBC/non-PwD during Special Round Registration.
For those candidates who got a seat allotted and
paid the seat acceptance fee but didn’t report at RC.
Also for those candidates whose seat got cancelled at RC or withdrew the allotted seat.
- Registered candidate have to fill/re-arrange and lock their choices in order of their preference in online mode.
- Choices will display all the seats of NITs/IIITs/GFTIs for which candidates are eligible as per their category.
- A tentative seat matrix of possible vacant seats will also be displayed for candidates reference.
- Candidates are required to fill fresh choices for CSAB 2018 special round for NITs/IIITs/GFTIs.
- Candidates who have successfully reported at PI and want to participate in CSAB 2018 special round are also required to fill fresh choices. All valid choices will be shown to the candidate except the physically reported seat. Such candidates must note that their last allotted seat (Physically Reported Seat) will automatically be considered as the last choice in the set of choices. Based on the new set of choices, a new seat will be allotted or his/her earlier allotted seat will be retained.
Reporting at Allotted Institutes
- Once the candidates have been allotted seats, they have to physically report at the allotted institute and complete the remaining admission formalities.
- If a candidate is allotted another institute in CSAB 2018 special round and is unable to get his/her original documents from the earlier reported Institute, in such case candidates can show the reporting document in the newly allotted institute. However, the candidate has to submit an affidavit on plain paper that his/her original documents are submitted to another Institute which he/she will collect and deposit with the given time frame.
Participation Fee Refund Policy
- In case no seat is allotted to the candidates in CSAB 2018, then participation Fee will be refunded after deducting the processing fee of Rs 1,000.
- If a seat is allotted in the CSAB 2018 special round, then participation fee will not be refunded, irrespective of that fact that candidate joins the allotted institute or not.
Surrender and Participating in Next Round
Candidates reject the offered seat and can restrict one or more of their choices above the currently allotted choice, but cannot rearrange/add new choices. Candidates also indicate that, if admission to an academic program of better/higher preference (in the remaining choice list) in any Institute is offered, they will accept it. Whether the candidate is allotted/not allotted any seat in the next round, he/she will have no claim on the seat allotted in the Special Round-I. Such candidates will be considered in Special Round-II.
|NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY (NITs)|
|1.||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar|
|2.||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|3.||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|4.||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad|
|5.||National Institute of Technology Agartala|
|6.||National Institute of Technology Andhra Pradesh|
|7.||National Institute of Technology Calicut|
|8.||National Institute of Technology Delhi|
|9.||National Institute of Technology Durgapur|
|10.||National Institute of Technology Goa|
|11.||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|12.||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal|
|13.||National Institute of Technology Meghalaya|
|14.||National Institute of Technology Nagaland|
|15.||National Institute of Technology Patna|
|16.||National Institute of Technology Puducherry|
|17.||National Institute of Technology Raipur|
|18.||National Institute of Technology Sikkim|
|19.||National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh|
|20.||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur|
|21.||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|22.||National Institute of Technology, Manipur|
|23.||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram|
|24.||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|25.||National Institute of Technology, Silchar|
|26.||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar|
|27.||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli|
|28.||National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand|
|29.||National Institute of Technology, Warangal|
|30.||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat|
|31.||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|INDIAN INSTITUTES OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IIITs)|
|1.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management Gwalior|
|2.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad|
|3.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram|
|4.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad|
|5.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati|
|6.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Kalyani, West Bengal|
|7.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Kota, Rajasthan|
|8.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam, Kerala|
|9.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh|
|10.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Lucknow|
|11.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Manipur|
|12.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur|
|13.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune|
|14.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi|
|15.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Sonepat, Haryana|
|16.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh|
|17.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Srirangam|
|18.||Indian Institute of Information Technology Una, Himachal Pradesh|
|19.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara, Gujarat|
|20.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur|
|21.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat|
|22.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhopal|
|23.||Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur|
|24.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Agartala|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (IIEST)|
|1.||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, District Howrah|
|GOVERNMENT FUNDED TECHICAL INSTITUTES (GFTIs)|
|1.||Assam University, Silchar|
|2.||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi|
|3.||Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar|
|4.||Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi|
|5.||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management-Ahmedabad|
|6.||Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur|
|7.||J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad|
|8.||National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad (Maharashtra)|
|9.||National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi|
|10.||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology|
|11.||School of Engineering & Technology, Mizoram University, Aizawl|
|12.||School of Engineering, Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur|
|13.||School of Planning & Architecture, Bhopal|
|14.||School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi|
|15.||School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada|
|16.||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir|
|17.||Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand|
|18.||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad|
|19.||International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur|
|20.||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh|
|21.||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi|
|22.||International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar|