In this article, we provide information about National Testing Agency. NTA official website is nta.ac.in. The NTA is a registered society which conducts the examinations in the field of engineering, management, medical, pharmacy, College/University teaching, and fellowship. Union Cabinet approved this on the 27th November as an Autonomous Institution. The National Testing Agency was established with the motive of conducting the examination efficiently, transparent and as per the international standards and to conduct the research on the educational, professional and testing systems.
NTA Official Website (nta.ac.in)
The NTA provides all the authentic information on its official website. The NTA releases all of its notification on its official website and the candidates can check the validity and authenticity on the official website of the NTA. There are a lot of websites that provide false and irrelevant information to the readers. Keep in mind that they are not the NTA Official Website. Candidates must refrain themselves about the false information by visiting only on the NTA Official Website. All the examination, their process, their eligibility criteria are available on the internet.
The Latest Update of NTA 2019
Union Education Minister Prakash Javadekar has stated in a statement that the National Level engineering test like JEE MAIN and NEET will be held twice in a year from 2019. The mode of the examination will be online. Earlier CBSE used to conduct this examination of JEE and NEET. Along with these two, NTA will also conduct the examination such as NET, CMAT (Computer Based Management Admission Test) GMAT etc. JEE mains will be held in January while NEET will be held twice in the month of February and May. For more information, the candidate can visit the NTA official website.
Examination Conducted By NTA
The NTA conducts examinations in the field:
- College/University Teacher and Fellowship
1. Joint Entrance Examination, 2019 – NTA JEE Main
In the field of engineering, NTA conducts the Joint Entrance Examination. Earlier CBSE (Central Board Of Secondary Education) conducted this examination till 2018. From this year, NTA will conduct this examination. For the admission to NIT, IIIT’s, and CFTI is based on the Joint Entrance Examination.
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Entrance Examination, 2019
According to the National Testing Agency, the eligibility for the Joint Entrance Examination is
- For B.E/B. tech, the candidate must have passed 12th with physics and mathematics as a compulsory subject along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For B.arch/ B.planning, the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
To know more about the Joint Entrance Examination and the eligibility criteria, the aspirants can visit the NTA Official Website
2. NEET UG – National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
The NTA will conduct the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. The information regarding this is available on the official website of the NTA. The aspirants can visit the NTA official website to know more about the NEET UG examination. NEET (UG) is applicable for the admission in MBBS/BDS admission in Indian Medical Colleges throughout India. To know more about the NEET (UG) examination, the candidates can visit the NTA Official Website.
3. Common Management Admission Test
According to the NTA 2019, the NTA conducts the Common Admission Entrance Test. Earlier this examination was conducted by the All India Council For Technical Education till 2018. From now onwards, it will be conducted by the NTA. It is a three-hour computer-based test where candidates will answer the questions subjected to quantitative aptitude, Logical Reason, General Awareness, Language Comprehension.
Eligibility Criteria for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
According to the information available on the NTA official website, the eligibility criteria for Computer Management Admission Test.
- Nationality must be Indian.
- Graduates in any field can apply for CMAT exam.
- The candidates in final year can apply for CMAT exam.
For any information regarding the CMAT examination, the candidates may visit the NTA official website.
4. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is a national test conducted for admission into M. pharmacy admissions. Earlier All India Council Of Technical Education conducted this exam by the till 2018. From 2019, the NTA will conduct this test.
Eligibility for GPAT 2019
To reduce the stress of the aspirants, we are providing the eligibility criteria for GPAT 2019. According to the NTA Official Website, the aspirant must meet
- Indian nationality is a must.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Final year candidate in B. Pharmacy course is also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
- B. Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology) / Equivalent Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.
For more information regarding the GPAT examination, the Candidates can visit the NTA Official Website.
5. UGC NET
The National Eligibility test is conducted to know the eligibility to know about the eligibility for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship. Earlier CBSE conducted this examination in84 subjects and in 91 selected cities across the countries. From now, NTA will conduct this examination on the behalf of UGC (University Grant Comision). The information is available on the NTA official website.
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET
- The candidate must have scored minimum 55 percent in master’s degree or equivalent.
- OBC(non-creamy layer)/SC/ST must have scored a minimum of 50 percent in master’s degree.
- The candidates in the final year of the Master’s degree can apply for the UGC NET.
For more information regarding the UGC NET, the candidates can visit the official website of the NTA. The entire process and the eligibility criteria are mention on the NTA official website.