Union Public Service Commission has released a notice stating that the COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST Examination Pattern has been changed. Candidates willing to appear in Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination should take a note of the following points.
- “Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination” has been renamed as “Combined Geo-Scientist Examination”
- UPSC will conduct 3 Tier Examination wherein the three stages are as follows: (i) Preliminary Examination (ii) Main Examination (iii) Personality Test.
- A candidate has to qualify Preliminary Examination so that he/she can appear in Main Examination.
- The Preliminary Examination will have two papers of objective type. Marks scored in the Preliminary Examination will be considered at the time of making final merit.
- The Main Examination will have three Papers for each stream and all Papers will be of descriptive type. Marks scored in the Preliminary Examination will be considered at the time of making final merit.
- General English Paper has been discontinued.
- The change in Pattern and Syllabus of the Combined Geo-Scientist Examination will be made effective from the 2020 Examination.
Exam Pattern of Preliminary Examination
|Name of the Subject||Time||Total Marks|
|Paper-I : General Studies||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|Paper-II : Geology/Hydrogeology/Geophysics/Chemistry||2 Hours||300 Marks|
Exam Pattern of Mains Examination
|Paper-I||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper-II||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper III||3 Hours||200 Marks|
Union Public Service Commission has changed the pattern of Combined Geo-Scientist Examination. The change will be made effective from 2020.