The aspiring candidates of Railways are required to pass a medical test for the category or post they are applying for. After the entire entrance test and other processes, candidates are required to pass a medical test before being made fit for the job. If you have successfully cracked all the other examinations to be qualified for the job, however, fail the last medical test, they won’t be considered to be eligible for the job.
RRB Medical Fitness Test takes place after Aptitude Test and Document Verification Stage for most of the Railway Exams. Hence, to qualify for Railway Medical Test and proceed further, the candidates are required to first clear the initial necessary stages and then clear Railway Medical Standard and rules.
In this article, we will discuss Railway Eye Vision Standards for various Railway 2021 Exams.
The candidates are required to be fit in all respect in RRB Medical Fitness Test. Take a look at the detail Railway Medical Category with its Posts Medical Classifications:
|S. No||Medical Category||Medical Category Post||Distance Vision (without glasses)||Near Vision (without glasses)||Test|
|1||A – 1||Loco Pilot / Asst. Loco Pilot, Motor man, Shunter||6 / 6, 6 / 6||0.6, 0.6||Must Pass colour vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision|
|2||A – 2||Assistant Guard, Points man, ASM, Station Master, Traffic Apprentice||6 / 9, 6 / 9||0.6, 0.6||colour vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision|
|3||A – 3||Loco Inspector, JE / SSE – C & W, P. Way, Loco, Works, Signal & Telecommunication, Traffic Inspector, Trolley men, train clerk, Bridge Inspector||6 / 9, 6 / 9||0.6, 0.6||colour vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision|
|4||B – 1||Trackman, ESM, Train Examination Staff, RPF Staff||6 / 9, 6 / 12||0.6, 0.6||colour vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision|
|5||B – 2||Ticket checking staff||6 / 9, 6 / 12||0.6, 0.6||Field vision|
|6||C – 1||Section Controller, Booking Clerk, Parcel Clerk, Station Clerk, Commercial Inspector, Telephone operator||6 / 12, 6 / 18||0.6, 0.6||Field vision|
|7||C – 2||Others||6 / 12, NIL||0.6 combined||Field vision|
Also, please note that candidates who are applying for ASM and TA posts are required to submit a certificate issued by an eye specialist for Aptitude Test.
Eye Vision 6 / 6, 6 / 9, 6 / 12, 6 / 18
Eye Vision 6 / 6, 6 / 9, 6 / 12, 6 / 18 is the standard vision for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board). This vision standard is also known as Visual Acuity Standards which are measured using Snellen’s Eye Chart.
- If a candidate scores 6 / 6, means they can see things located at a distance of 6 meters. Which is also considered to be a normal eye vision
- If a candidate scores 6 / 9, means they can see objects placed 6 meters away. This means the eye sight is slightly below normal condition. The normal condition of eyesight is when a person can see from a distance of 9 meters.
- And in case the candidate scores 6 / 12 or 6 / 18, means the candidates are able to read from 6 meters of distance. And a normal person can read from a distance of 12 – 18 meters. Hence, it is not the normal condition.
RRB NTPC 2021 Official Notification Rules for Eye Standard Test
Read below to know some of the rules which is suggestive to applicants in general:
- The applicants must ensure to fulfil the prescribed Railway Medical Standards for the category they applied for
- If the candidates fail to fill the prescribed RRB medical standards need to fill RRB online application form
- The candidates who are qualifying in the examinations for the posts and failed in RRB medical fitness test will not be considered for any other appointment.