RPF Exam Pattern 2018: Are you applying for the Railway Protection Force Exam this year? If you have applied, are you eager to know about the Exam Pattern and the syllabus? So, you have landed to the right place. In this article, we will discuss about the RPF Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2018. As you all know that the Exam Pattern and Syllabus play a very important role in the preparation and recruitment. We will solve all your doubts and concern regarding the RPF Exam Pattern in this article. This year, the Railway Protection Force has released a recruitment notification for 9500 vacancies. RPF Online Application Forms has already been started from 1st June 2018 and the last date to apply is 30th June 2018. Since the application dates are not over yet, candidates have enough time to prepare and get ready for the Examination.
RPF Exam Pattern (Constable/ SI)
If you have decided to appear the Railway Protection Force (RPF) Exam then first and foremost step that you have to keep in mind is to know about the Exam Pattern. The Recruitment/ Selection Procedure of the Constable and the Sub-Inspector comprises of three stages-
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Document Verification (DV)
Stage- 1 Computer Based Test
This is the first stage of the selection. The Computer Based Test is an Online Based Examination that is based on the following pattern:
Also, Read Here: RPF Exam Date 2018
- The Examination is divided into three sections- General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- The total marks of the Examination is 120 marks for a total time duration of 90 Minutes.
Marking Scheme and Distribution of the CBT:
|Test||Number of Questions||Max. Marks Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|| |
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks|
- Each Question carries 1 mark. For every wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- No marks will be deducted for non-attempted questions.
- Language Options available – You can appear the Computer Based Test in your preferred language. Every language have their different exam centre in any state of India.
Check here for – RPF Constable/ SI Salary 2018
RPF Syllabus of Computer Based Test
General Awareness Syllabus
The Syllabus of the General Awareness is similar to that of the other competitive examinations. Questions will be asked from the current affairs, and other important subjects like the Indian History, Economics, Art and Culture, General Polity, Indian Constitution etc.
Questions will be asked from the topics such as Number System, Decimals and Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Simplifications, Percentages, HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, Average, Time and Work, Mixtures and Allegations, Time and Distance, Data Interpretation, Simple and Compound Interest etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Questions will be asked from the topics such as- Alphabet Series, Non- Verbal Series, Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Directions, Number Ranking, Decision Making, Arithmetical Reasoning, Clocks and Calendars, Blood Relations, Cubes and Dices, Mirror Image, Embedded Figures etc.
Read Here: Complete RPF SI/Constable Syllabus
Phase-II Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
This is the second stage of the Recruitment or the Selection Procedure of Railway Protection Force. Candidates who qualify the CBT will be eligible to appear the PET and PMT. The Exam is qualifying in nature.
Physical Measurement Test Criteria:
|Category||Height Measurements||Chest Measurements|
|Male- 165 cm|
Female- 157 cm
|Unexpanded- 80 cm|
Expanded- 85 cm
|Male- 160 cm|
Female- 152 cm
|Unexpanded- 76.2 cm|
Expanded- 81.2 cm
Physical Efficiency Test:
|Running||5 min 45 sec (1600 meters)||3 Min 40 sec (800 Meters)|
|Long Jump||14 Feet||9 Feet|
|High Jump||4 Feet||3 Feet|
Importance of Physical Fitness in RPF Recruitment 2018
The Physical Fitness Examination is very important for all those candidates who are interested to get recruited in the Railway Protection Force. The Physical Fitness and Measurement Tests contains extra points in the examination. If the candidate is fit and satisfies all the eligibility criteria of the Physical Measurements, then he/she is eligible to appear the PMT and PET Test. The Physical Efficiency Test comprises of Running, Long Jump, and High Jump.
Phase-III Document Verification
- Based on your performance in the Computer Based Test and in subject to qualifying in PET and PMT you will be called for Document Verification.
- In case, two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position will be determined by the age-criteria which states that the older person will be given first priority.
- You have to submit all the mentioned documents both original and copy. You have to carry a recent passport size photograph along with a valid photo identity proof.
- Your appointment is subject to your passing requisite Medical Fitness Test that has to be conducted by the Railway Administration.
- You have to bring the required educational, category, and educational certificates from the Local Administration.
RPF Recruitment 2018 Preparation Tips
After getting to know about the Exam Pattern of the Examination and the syllabus. Now we will provide you with the basic preparation guidelines that will help you in the preparation.
Also, check here for RPF Previous Papers
- Be thorough with the Exam Pattern and the syllabus. This will help you to plan your preparation in a systematic way.
- Practice all the important topics so that you can be able to manage the time allotted in the examination.
- Focus more on the topics that you find difficult. Practice and practice more. Keep the basics and the fundamentals strong.
- Practice all the previous year question papers this will give you an idea about the marking scheme and the type of questions asked in the exam. This will also help you to estimate your current preparation level.
- Revise regularly. Prepare handwritten notes for the topics and subjects that you are weak. Doing this will help you in the last minute preparation.
- And lastly, stay calm and positive. Be healthy and give your best in the preparation.