Railway Recruitment Board has completed its 14th August 2018 First Stage CBT (Shift I, ) Test. This is the 4th Exam Day of the RRB ALP 2018. Candidates have provided quite a positive feedback regarding the ALP Computer Based Test. In this article, we have come with a detailed exam analysis of the 14th August 2018 First Stage CBT (Shift I). The Exam is conducted in three phases (10 to 11 am, 1 to 2 Pm, and 4 to 5 Pm). As per the feedback of the candidates received, the difficulty level of the paper was easy to moderate. Candidates found most of the questions easy to attempt.
Before getting to know about the Exam Analysis of RRB ALP First Stage CBT (14th August 2018), let’s us take a quick look at the Exam Pattern of the First Stage Computer Based Test of Railway Loco Pilot and Technician 2018.
Exam Analysis of RRB ALP 14th August 2018 CBT Shift I
The Overall Analysis of the First Stage CBT conducted on 14th August 2018 (Shift I) is easy to moderate. Questions were easy to attempt. Candidates can easily attempt 50+ Questions. Few Questions from the Mathematics section were calculative.However, the Pattern of the Questions were quite similar to the previous exams held. Hence, it will be a smart decision for the candidates to take a look on the Exam Analysis. This will help the candidates to prepare well for the upcoming shifts.
|Sections||Total Number of Questions Asked||Difficulty Level||Number of Good Attempts|
|Maths||20||Easy||17 to 19 Questions|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||Easy||18 to 19 Questions|
|General Science||20||Easy to Moderate||15 to 16 Questions|
|General Awareness (Current Affairs)||10||Moderate||7 to 8 Questions|
|Total||16 to 19 Questions||Easy to Moderate||59 to 65 Questions|
Exam Analysis of 14th August 2018 First Stage ALP CBT (Shift I): Section -Wise
Overall the paper was easy to moderate. Most of the Questions were asked from Percentage and Trigonometry. Questions were calculative, few questions were tricky to solve. The Overall Analysis of of the Mathematics Section is –
|Topics||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level of the Question|
|Percentage||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Algebra and Trigonometry||2 to 3 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Time and Work||1 to 2 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Time and Distance||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Age Calculation (Average)||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||2 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Ratio||1 to 2 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Profit and Loss||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Partnership||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Simplification||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Alphabetical and Number System||2 to 3 Questions||Easy- Moderate|
|Total||17 to 19 Questions||Easy-Moderate|
Questions Asked in the RRB ALP CBT 14th August 2018 Shift I
- What is the LCM 21, 42,28?
- By selling an article of Rs 144/- a man incurs a loss of 1/7 of his outlay. What will be his Gain/Loss if he sells it at Rs 168/-?
- If variance =16 and Mean = 25. Find the Standard Deviation?
- There are Red and Green Balls in a bag in the ratio of 6:3. If 4 Green Balls are added to the bag, the ratio becomes 3:4. Find how many balls are there were in the bag originally?
- If sec x + tan x = 4. Find sec x – tan x?
- If x+1/x = 265, then find the value of x?
- Find the value of 8(28+(-8)*(-2)) =
- If CP= Rs 1500 and Profit %age= 12%. Find the S.P= ?
As you can see that, most of the Questions were direct formula based. Candidates found it quite easy to answer. Few Questions were repetitive. Overall, the Mathematics Section was easy to moderate.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
The Difficulty Level of the Reasoning Section was easy. The Overall Topic wise Exam Analysis of General Intelligence and Reasoning Section is as follows-
|Topics||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Coding and Decoding||2 to 3 Questions||Easy|
|Analogy||1 to 2 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Hidden Figure||2 to 3 Questions||Easy|
|Venn Diagram||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Conclusions and Decision Making||4 to 5 Questions||Easy|
|Coding and Decoding||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Syllogism||2 to 3 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Total||18 to 22 Questions||Easy|
List of the Questions that were asked in CBT (14th August 2018 Shift – I)
- If Monday comes on 1st January 2018, then find out the date of Monday for the next year?
- There were 1 Questions based on Image
- If a Car is put in a Garage, then where we should keep the Horse?
- E, J, O, T, _ ?
- Which Day is 15th March 2020?
- Number Series – 6, 12, 18, ?
- Questions were asked from Analogy as well
General Science Section
Overall this section was moderate. Maximum number of questions were asked from Science and Technology. Questions were asked from different zones. Chemistry and Biology Questions were easy to attempt whereas, the Physics questions were bit tricky to answer. The Overall Analysis of this section is as follows-
|Topics||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Science and Technoloy||8 to 9 Questions||Easy|
|Culture||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Economics||2 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
|Sports||1 to 2 Questions||Easy|
|Current Affairs||5 to 7 Questions||Moderate|
|Total||16 to 19 Questions||Easy to Moderate|
List of the Questions asked in ALP CBT held on 14th August 2018 (Shift I)
- Which is the First Non-Metal in the Periodic Table?
- Which is the Lightest Metal in the Periodic Table?
- What is the Function of Plasma in the Blood Circulation?
- What is Transportation of Food in Trees called?
General Awareness (on Current Affairs)
This section was easy to moderate to answer. Questions were asked from different zones such as Current Affairs, Economy, Films etc.
List of the Questions that were asked in the CBT (14th August 2018 Shift I)
- Who was the Attorney General of India? – Venugopal
- Full Form of GST – Goods and Services Tax
- 4th Bimstec Summit will be held in which country?
- Who is the CM of Kerala? Pinarayi Vijaran
- Who is the author of Sita Warrior? Amish Tripathi
- Who is the CAG of India? Rajiv Meherishi
- Who was the Director of Film Poorna? Rahul Bose
- Capital of USA? Washington DC
- Which State does Viswanathan belong to? Mayiladuthurai, Tamil Nadu
- Who is the CEO of SBI? Arijit Basu
As per the Candidates feedback, the paper was very easy. Questions were directly asked. One can easily attempt 55+ questions. We wish all the candidates a Good Luck for the Examination.