Railway Recruitment Boards has released an official notification for Railway Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Recruitment 2018. The Recruitment Boards are offering approx. 17, 849 Posts under the Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP) and 9170 vacancies for Technicians Posts. The details of the RRB ALP (Asst. Loco Pilot) Notification and the online application will be uploaded to all the 21 RRB Official websites. The online application was started on 3rd Feb 2018 which has now been changed to 28th Feb 2018 and the Last date of filling the Online Application form is 31st March 2018 (23:59 hrs). So, if you are preparing to get into the Railway Jobs, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be providing you the complete details about the ALP Recruitment 2018.
“According to the Latest Press Release, The Ministry of the Indian Railways has made certain modifications in the Application / Recruitment Process of RRB ALP and Technician Posts 2018 on Monday (19th Feb 2018).”
- 1 RRB ALP and Technician 2018 (Press Release)
- 2 RRB CEN 01/2018 ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018
- 3 RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Important Dates:
- 4 Railway Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP) Vacancies 2018: RRB CEN 01/2018
- 5 Details Regarding CEN 01/2018 RRB ALP Recruitment 2018
- 6 RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Application Fees
- 7 Eligibility Criteria for RRB ALP 2018 (Railway Loco Pilot)
- 8 Pay Scale of RRB CEN 01/2018 ALP Recruitment 2018
- 9 RRB CEN 01/2018 Recruitment Application Procedure
- 10 Application Procedure of the RRB ALP and Technician 2018 Recruitment (CEN01/2018)
- 11 Modification/Changes in the Application Form of RRB ALP CEN 01/2018
- 12 Selection Process of RRB ALP Recruitment CEN 01/2018
- 13 RRB ALP Exam Pattern 2018
- 14 RRB ALP and Technician Syllabus 2018
- 15 RRB ALP Admit Card 2018
- 16 Books Recommended for ALP Recruitment 2018
- 17 RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment Detailed Official Notification CEN 01/2018 PDF
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions Regarding RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment
- 19 Region Wise (CEN 01/2018) Railway ALP Recruitment 2018
RRB ALP and Technician 2018 (Press Release)
- The Ministry of the Railways has extended the upper-age limit for all the categories by two(2) years.
- The New Revised form of the Application Form will be made available from 28.02.2018 and the last date to submit the application form along with the fee payment is 31.03.2018.
- The CBT Question Papers will be available in 15 different Regional Languages. The candidates can choose their desired language as per their convenience.
– Read The “Eligibility Criteria” before Apply Online for RRB ALP 2018 Application Form.
RRB CEN 01/2018 ALP & Technician Recruitment 2018
- RRB invites Online Application for Railway Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians under CEN 01/2018 recruitment.
- Over 26, 502 Vacancies are available. Out of which 17,673 vacancies are available for the Assistant Loco Pilot and 8829 Vacancies are available for the Technicians Posts.
- This year, overall the Railway Recruitment Board is providing around 2.5 Lakhs of Posts for the applicants.
- The online application dates start from 28th Feb 2018 and close on 31st March 2018.
Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Job Profile
- The Assistant Loco Pilot helps in driving the train. The job requires continuous attention and the high degree of dedication and responsiveness.
- He/she has to assist the driver in performing the duties including calling out the signal as soon as one is sighted.
- He/she also looks after the fine- tuning Loco and attending minor repairs of the Loco.
- Your responses to the situations will be tested by an aptitude test and the candidates who reach the expectation of this Railway Examination will be posted as Assistant Loco Pilot.
Railway Technician Job Profile
- A signal maintainer or a Technician has to work indoors as well as outdoors where the Railway signaling installations are provided.
- He has to maintain the Block instruments and panels that are provided at the Station Houses, Points and Crossings provided at the outdoor where the rails are joined, Gate signals. The work includes normal maintenance and attendance during any failure.
- The Technicians works under the control of Junior Engineer (signal).
RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Important Dates:
The Important Dates Regarding the ALP Recruitment (Level-2) 2018 is mentioned below. As per the latest modifications made by the Ministry of Indian Railways in certain eligibility criteria such as Age, Educational Qualifications, Exam Fee and Language, the Railway Department has released a new revised of application form with latest changes. The application form will start from 28th Feb 2018 and will close on 31st March 2018.
|Application Form Starts||28th Feb 2018 (Revised)|
|Last Date to Apply||31st March 2018|
|Application Fee Last Date (Online/ SBI)||31st March 2018 (13:00 Hrs) in any branch of SBI|
|Application Fee Last Date (Post Office)||31st March 2018 (13:00 Hrs)|
|Application fee Last Date through Online banking/ debit/credit cards||31st March 2018 (22:00 Hrs)|
Railway Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP) Vacancies 2018: RRB CEN 01/2018
Details Regarding CEN 01/2018 RRB ALP Recruitment 2018
|Name of the Recruiter Board||Railway Recruitment Board, Ministry of Railways|
|Name of the Posts||Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians|
|Total Number of Vacancies Available||26, 502|
|Eligibility||ITI+ Trade Certificate in concerned Trade|
|Salary||Rs 19, 900 per month+ other allowances (on the basis of Level 02 7th Pay CPC Pay Matrix.|
|New Online Application Starts From||28th Feb 2018|
|Last Date of Application||31st March 2018 (Extended)|
|Application Fees||Rs 500 (GEN) Rs 250/- (For Reserved Category) The fee is refundable for both the categories.|
RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Application Fees
- For ALP Posts, the application fees is Rs 500 for General Category and Rs 250/- for the Reserved Category (ST/SC/PWD/Women/OBC).
- For the General Candidates, the application fee of Rs 400/- will be refunded if they appear the Exam.
Eligibility Criteria for RRB ALP 2018 (Railway Loco Pilot)
Relaxation in Upper Age limit / Maximum Age for Various Categories/Communities- Click Here to Detailed Notice
- The candidate who is applying for this post must be an Indian Citizen.
- The Upper Age-limit for all the categories has been extended two (2) years by Ministry of Railways. So now the current Age Criteria for the candidates is 18 years to 30 years for RRB Loco Pilot and Technician 2018 recruitment.
Educational Qualifications For RRB ALP 2018
- The candidates who are applying for this job must have passed the matriculation or the equivalent examination under 10+2 from a recognized Government board or institution.
- Must have done ITI from a recognized SCVT/NCVT in the related trade.
- The candidates who are holding a Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile Engineering approved by AICTE.
- 20% seats are reserved for the candidates who have completed the Act Apprenticeship Course under Apprenticeship Act.
COE Courses and Equivalent NCVT Trades – Check Here
Age Relaxations for RRB ALP 2018
Now Age-Limit Criteria for RRB ALP and Technicians 2018 recruitment is 18 years to 30 years. The upper age limit is relaxable under, subject to the submission of the requisite certificate.
- 5 years of age relaxation will be provided for ST/SC Candidates.
- 3 years of age relaxation will be provided for OBC Candidates.
- For the Ex-Servicemen candidates, up to the extent of service rendered in Defence, plus 3 years, provides they have put in more than six months of service after affection.
- 5 years of age relaxation is given to those candidates who have been domiciled in the state Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- 10 years of age relaxation is given to the PWD candidates- [13 years (OBC Category), 15 years (ST/SC)]
Let’s have a look to the Revised Version of the RRB ALP Age Limit 2018:
|RRB CEN 01/2018 ALP and Technician Recruitment 2018|
|UR||28 Years||30 Years|
|OBC||31 Years||33 Years|
|SC||33 Years||35 Years|
|ST||33 Years||35 Years|
Pay Scale of RRB CEN 01/2018 ALP Recruitment 2018
The pay- scale of RRB ALP and Technician is Level 02 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with an initial payment of Rs 19, 900/- plus the other allowances as admissible.
RRB CEN 01/2018 Recruitment Application Procedure
The Applications available online only and are available on the official website of the respected RRBs. The newly revised application form will be available from 28th Feb 2018 and the last date to submit the application form is 31st March 2018. Before filling the online application, the candidate must make sure that they fit all the eligibility criteria and conditions required for RRB ALP. Before heading to fill in the online application form, the candidate should read the instructions carefully. The step by step procedure of RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 Online Application is mentioned below:
- Visit the Official Regional RRB Website – indianrailway.gov.in and check for the ALP Recruitment 2018 Notification.
- Click on the link which says “CEN01/2018”.
- After clicking on the link, the online application will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill in all the required details and upload the photo and the signature.
- After the completion of all the application requirement, submit the online application form.
Application Procedure of the RRB ALP and Technician 2018 Recruitment (CEN01/2018)
The application form is available online in the respected RRB Websites. Before filling the online application, the candidate must make sure that they fit all the eligibility criteria and conditions required for RRB Technicians. The step by step procedure to fill in the RRB Technicians 2018 Application Form is mentioned below:
- Visit the concerned RRB Website – indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the Link “CEN 01/2018” for the Recruitment of Technicians Posts.
- After this, Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Register yourself first. Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Aadhaar number, State, Community, SSLC/ Matric, Mobile Number and e-mail ID.
- Then, Submit the Registration.
- Before submitting the registration form, ensure that all the information that you have provided is correct.
- After the submission of the registration form, the user id and the password will be sent to the candidate.
- A One Time Password will be submitted to the candidate’s registered mobile number and e-mail ID along with the registration details.
Section of the Application: Part-1
- In the Part-2 of the Application Page, the candidates have to provide the educational qualification, community, gender, religion, ex-servicemen, PWD etc, Age Relaxation and other details.
- After providing the above details, the candidate is redirected to the payment page. The payment can be done online through net banking/credit card/debit card and offline such as Bank Branch challan or Post Office Challan.
- If you are making the payment online, then you will be redirected to the Part- B additional application filling details.
- The candidates who are making the payment through SBI Challan/ Post-Office Challan, have to provide the details of the beneficiary account.
Section of the Application: Part-2
- After the completion of Part I section of the Application Page, the candidates have to fill in the details of the educational qualifications, choice of the examination language of the first and second stage of CBT, Mother Tongue, address and other details.
- Upload the scanned photograph as per the specifications mentioned.
Specifications of the Scanned Photograph
- The passport size photograph should be in colour and the background should be in white color.
- The dimensions of the photograph must be 35 mm x 45 mm with name and date printed on it.
- Should be in JPEG/JPG Format in 100 DPI.
- The photograph size must be between 15 Kb to 40 Kb.
Important Documents to be Submitted
- If the candidates belong to ST/SC Category, then they have to upload their scanned caste certificate. The scanned copy of the caste certificate must be in JPG/JPEG Format and the file size must be in between 50 Kb to 100 Kb. You can also avail a free travel authority as well (Second Class Railway Pass).
At Final Stage, The candidates have to confirm the declaration and submit the application form.
The candidate must take out the print out of the Application Form and preserve it for the reference and record.
Check Here for Documents Required for RRB ALP Recruitment CEN 01/2018
Modification/Changes in the Application Form of RRB ALP CEN 01/2018
If in case, the candidates want to make any modifications or minor changes in the application form then they can do it by just paying a modification fee of Rs 100/- (Non-Refundable). You cannot make changes in the state, e-mail ID and mobile number and registration number. The modification fee is applicable to all the candidates. The modification to the registration and application can be done twice only.
The procedure for modification of the application is as follows:
- Go to the online/ E-Application Link and click on “Already Registered“
- Log-in using the Registration Number and Password.
- Click on the “Modify Application Link”.
- Pay the modification fee through any of the modes available for actual examination fee payment.
- After making the payment, login using the Registration Number and Password and proceed with the changes intended as per the instructions given and submit the application form.
- Take the print out of the application form for future reference.
Selection Process of RRB ALP Recruitment CEN 01/2018
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the online written examination. The questions contained in the question paper will contain the basic educational standard or minimum technical qualification prescribed for the posts. The questions will be objective based on multiple choice. The questions will be asked from various areas such as General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Studies and Technical Ability. The language of the question paper will be in English, Hindi, and Urdu along with local languages.
RRB ALP Exam Pattern 2018
The Exam for RRB ALP and Technician (CEN 01/2018) is conducted in two stages. The First Stage CBT, The second stage CBT and the Final Computer Based Aptitude Test and the Document Verification as applicable.
First Stage CBT:
- The total stage of the first stage of Computer Based Test for both ALP and Technicians is 60 minutes and the number of questions available will be 75.
- The minimum percentage of marks for the eligibility in various categories are:
- For UR Category- 40%
- OBC- 30%
- SC- 30%
- The percentage of marks will be relaxed by 2% for the Person with Disability candidates.
Second Stage CBT:
- The candidates who have qualified the first stage CBT will be able to appear the second stage CBT exam.
- The total duration of the examination is 2 Hours and 30 Minutes. (Part-A and Part-B)
- The Part A Examination will be of 90 minutes and the number of questions available will be 100.
- The minimum percentage of marks for the eligibility in various categories are:
- For UR Category- 40%
- OBC- 30%
- SC- 30%
- The marks scored in Part- A will be used for shortlisting the candidates for the further stages of the recruitment procedure subject to the condition that the candidate is securing qualifying mark in Part-B.
- The total time duration of the Part-B Examination is 60 minutes and the total number of questions asked is 75.
- The Qualifying marks for this Part-B is 35%. (applicable to all the candidates. No relaxation is applicable).
Now, if the candidate clears both the Stages of Examination, then he/she is shortlisted for the Computer Aptitude Test. The Computer Aptitude Test will be only for those candidates who have opted for Assistant Loco Pilot.
Final Selection Process for RRB ALP 2018
- The ALP Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s score in the Aptitude Test with 70% weightage for the marks obtained in the Part-A of the Second Stage CBT and 30% weightage of the marks obtained in the Computer-Based AT.
RRB ALP and Technician Syllabus 2018
First Stage CBT for RRB ALP Exam
- Number System, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calender and Clock, Pipes and Cisterns etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement- Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science:
- This part includes the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th Standard Level.
- General Awareness on Current Affairs:
- Science and Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
Second Stage CBT For RRB ALP Exam
The syllabus of Part-A is same as that of First Stage CBT except for the Basic Science and Engineering. The topics that are covered under Basic Science and Engineering are:
- Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric Figures, Symbolic Representation).
- Units, Measurements, Mass Weight and Density
- Work Power and Energy
- Speed and Velocity
- Heat and Temperature
- Basic Electricity
- Levers and Simple Machines
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Environment Education
- IT Literacy etc.
The Admit card for RRB ALP CEN 01/2018 Recruitment will be available online only in the respected RRB Website. The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the online application form. So make sure, that you keep all the registration details safely as this might be required while downloading the admit card. The following are the books that are recommended for ALP and Technicians Grade Preparation 2018: Download Here – RRB ALP (CEN 01/2018) Official Notification PDF 2018.
RRB ALP Admit Card 2018
Books Recommended for ALP Recruitment 2018
RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment Detailed Official Notification CEN 01/2018 PDF
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment
Region Wise (CEN 01/2018) Railway ALP Recruitment 2018
The Admit card for RRB ALP CEN 01/2018 Recruitment will be available online only in the respected RRB Website. The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the online application form. So make sure, that you keep all the registration details safely as this might be required while downloading the admit card.
The following are the books that are recommended for ALP and Technicians Grade Preparation 2018:
Download Here – RRB ALP (CEN 01/2018) Official Notification PDF 2018.