Railway Recruitment Board 2018 has released RRB Notification for Railway Group D. Railway Board indicates 62,907 Vacancies for various Group D Grade IV posts in Level-1 of 7th CPC pay matrix. RRB 2018 invites candidates for Online Application Form eligible candidates for the Posts – Track Manager (Trackman), Helpers, Gateman and Pointsman for CEN 02/2018 railway recruitment. RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 Notification was published on the Employment News on 10th Feb 2018, and the application form submission timeline was 10th Feb 2018 to 12th March 2018. But as per the latest modifications made by the Ministry of Railways in the age, education, exam language and the exam fees.
Railway Department has released Revised Form of the Application that will start from 28.02.2018 and Last date of filling the online application form was 12th March 2018 which now has been extended until 31st March 2018.
Earlier the RRC was organizing the Group D Recruitment, but now the RRB has taken the charge. So, if you are preparing to get into the Railway Jobs, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be providing you the complete details of Indian Railways Group D Recruitment 2018 such as RRB Group D Official Notification PDF, Application form, Admit card, Result, Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Railways has come out with a policy to ensure a fair, transparent & competitive recruitment process. Railways has reserved 20% posts for ‘Course Completed Act Apprentices’ along with an age relaxation equal to the period of apprenticeship, which will benefit them in the exam. pic.twitter.com/oUJJDNHvR9
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) March 20, 2018
- 1 Highlights of RRB Group-D Indian Railway Recruitment 2018
- 2 RRB has Made Changes in Railway Group D 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 RRB Railway Group D Application Form 2018: Region Wise
- 4 Important Dates of RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 (CEN02/2018)
- 5 Railway Group D Notification 2018 (RRB CEN02/2018)
- 6 Indian Railways RRB Group D Vacancy 2018
- 7 RRB Group D Posts 2018(Indian Railways Group-D 2018 Posts)
- 8 Railway Group D Eligibility 2018 Age-Limit and Educational Qualification
- 9 CEN 02/2018 Level 1 Railway Group D Recruitment 2018
- 10 Medical Standards and Suitability for PWD
- 11 Application Fees for RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 (Fees Reduced for Non-Exempted Candidates).
- 12 Salary Structure of RRB Group D Posts(RRB Recruitment 2018)
- 13 RRB Group D Online Application 2018
- 14 How to Apply for RRB Group D Online Application Form 2018 (Changes Made in the Mode of Language of Question Papers and Signature)
- 15 Modification/Change in Application Form of Railway Group D 2018
- 16 Details of Various RRBs and Contact Numbers for RRB Recruitment 2018
- 17 Recruitment/Selection Process for RRB Group D 2018 Recruitment
- 18 Railway Group D Detailed Centralized Employment Notification CEN 02/2018 PDF
- 20 RRB Group D 2018: Exam Pattern
- 21 RRB CEN 02/2018 Railway Group D Admit Card 2018
- 22 RRB Group-D Recruitment 2018 Result
- 23 Railway Recruitment Boards in India
- 24 FAQs Regarding RRB Group-D Recruitment 2018
Highlights of RRB Group-D Indian Railway Recruitment 2018
RRB releases recruitment notification for Group- D Posts under CEN 02/2018.
Online Application form now starts from 28th Feb 2018 (revised version)
Now, The Last Date for submission of online application has extended to 31st March 2018.
The Recruitment is offering around 62,907 number of vacancies.
- The Last Date for submission of online application stands extended to 31.03.2018.
- Age Relaxation restored for various categories of Railway Group D candidates by further extending relaxation by 2 more years.
- For non-exempt candidates who have to pay Rs. 500/- as examination fees, Rs. 400/- will be refunded if they appear for the exam.
- Educational Qualifications criteria for Railway Group-D(Level-1) will be class 10th or ITI or equivalent, again for this exam.
- Question papers to candidates will be provided in 15 languages.
- Candidates can now make the signature in any language instead of only in Hindi or English.
Read The “Eligibility Criteria” Before Apply Online Application Form of Railway Group-D.
RRB Railway Group D Application Form 2018: Region Wise
|RRB Ahmedabad Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Ajmer Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Allahabad Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Bangalore Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Bhopal Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Bhubaneshwar Application||Apply Here|
|RRB Bilaspur Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Chandigarh Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Chennai Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Gorakhpur Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Guwahati Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Kolkata Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Mumbai Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Patna Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Ranchi Application Form||Apply Here|
|RRB Secunderabad Application||Apply Here|
Important Dates of RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 (CEN02/2018)
The following are the details of the RRB Group D Recruitment 2018. As per the latest press conference release, the Ministry of Indian Railways has made changes in recruitment of the Group- “C” and “D” Posts 2018. The Railway Department is likely to extend the last date of submission of the application form.
Indian Railways Group-D Recruitment 2018
Official Notification Release
10th Feb 2018
Online Application Start
28th Feb 2018 (Revised Date)
Last Date of the Application Form
31st March 2018
Candidates who have submitted their Application before 20.00 hrs on 28.02.2018 can modify their Application details (PWD Disability details (if applicable), Post preference, Bank details & Exam language) as per the Corrigendum.
Railway Group D Notification 2018 (RRB CEN02/2018)
On 10th February 2018, the Railway Recruitment Board has released the Official Notification for the RRB Group D Recruitment. The notification was published in the employment news and was shared on various social media platforms.The Applications are now available online in the respected RRB Website- indianrailways.gov.in.
Indian Railways RRB Group D Vacancy 2018
RRB Group D Posts 2018(Indian Railways Group-D 2018 Posts)
- Helper-II (Mech)
- Helper-II (S&T)
- Helper-II (Elect)
- Gr. ‘D’ (Store)
- Gr. ‘D’ (Engg.)
Railway Group D Eligibility 2018 Age-Limit and Educational Qualification
Relaxation in Upper Age-limit / Maximum Age for Various Categories/Communities – Click Here For Detailed Notice
Eligibility criteria for Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 have updated by RRBs. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria of the RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 are eligible to apply for Group-D Posts. The Railway Department do not check the eligibility criteria at the time of the examination. Document to prove the eligibility will be required at the time of the document verification.
The Different Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
Nationality and Citizenship:
The candidates who are interested in the Group- D Jobs must be:
- a citizen of India or
- a subject to Nepal
- a subject to Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with an intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person with an Indian Origin but has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries such as Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam etc. with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidate who comes under the criteria of (b), (c), (d), (e) must provide a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Criteria for RRB Group D 2018(Age-Limit Extended)
For the ongoing recruitment of Group D posts, Ministry of Railways have decided to extend the relaxation in upper age limit by 2 years:
- Candidates must be under the age limit between 18 years to 33 years as on 01.07.2018.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the Reserved Category students. The details regarding the Relaxation criteria is notified in the detailed version of CEN02/2018.
The Ministry of the Indian Railways has extended the upper-age limit of the candidates of all the categories for RRB Recruitment 2018 Group D Posts. The latest revised version of the extension in the upper-age limit is as follows:
CEN 02/2018 Level 1 Railway Group D Recruitment 2018
|UR||31 years||33 years|
|OBC||34 years||36 years|
|SC||36 years||38 years|
|ST||36 years||38 years|
Educational Qualification Criteria for Railway Group D 2018 (Changes Made by the Indian Railways)
- The Ministry of Indian Railways has made the application procedure ease for the Railway Aspiring candidates. Lately, the candidates were in peer pressure regarding the eligibility criteria’s of having both ITI and 10th passed certificate. Now, the issues have been resolved by the Ministry of the Indian Railways. ITI Qualification is now made optional. The candidate can either have passed 10th (Matriculation) with ITI or without ITI.
- 10th Pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT or 10th pass plus ITI from the institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT.
- 20% seats are reserved for the candidates who have completed their Apprenticeship Course under the Apprenticeship Act.
Medical Standards and Suitability for PWD
The candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the medical standards for the CEN02/2018 Posts. Therefore, the candidates must make sure that they check the medical standards that is relevant to this post. For the candidates who are PWD, must check the posts that are eligible for PWD.
Application Fees for RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 (Fees Reduced for Non-Exempted Candidates).
- The Candidates must pay Rs. 500/- as Application Fee(UR & OBC)
- The Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWD/ Female/ Transgender/ Minorities/ Economically backward class are required to pay Rs. 250/- as Application fee.
Level-1 of 7th Pay CPC Pay Matrix with an initial payment of Rs 18, 000 plus other allowances. The candidates who are serving or undergoing a training practice in any Central or State Government Department including the Railways or Public Sector Undertakings or Public Sector Undertakings can apply directly in the RRB Websites duly informing the Employer. The applicants who are shortlisted have to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer during the Document Verification.
Salary Structure of RRB Group D Posts(RRB Recruitment 2018)
Level-1 of 7th Pay CPC Pay Matrix with an initial payment of Rs 18, 000 plus other allowances.
The candidates who are serving or undergoing a training practice in any Central or State Government Department including the Railways or Public Sector Undertakings or Public Sector Undertakings can apply directly in the RRB Websites duly informing the Employer. The applicants who are shortlisted have to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer during the Document Verification.
RRB Group D Online Application 2018
The candidates can apply for this posts online in the Official Website – indianrailways.gov.in. The application link has been activated in the respected RRBs Official websites. Each website of the zones and divisions will have separate apply online links to apply. The candidates can check for the vacancies and the eligibility criteria for the Reserved Category and can apply according to that.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Filling the Online Application Form:
- Before filling the application form, the candidates are requested/advised to read all the instructions carefully. The advertisement for the Group “D” Posts is CEN02/2018.
- The scanned documents must be in JPEG Format only.
- The applicant’s photograph must be in JPEG Format with a file size of 20 Kb to 50 Kb
- The scanned ST/SC Certificate (only for those candidates who are seeking for a travel pass) must be in JPEG Format with a file size of 50 Kb to 100 Kb.
- Scribe Color Photograph- 20 Kb to 50 Kb in size.
How to Apply for RRB Group D Online Application Form 2018 (Changes Made in the Mode of Language of Question Papers and Signature)
The step by step procedure to fill in the online application form of RRB Group- “D” Posts are:
- Visit the RRB Official Website- www.indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the “Apply Online” which says CEN02/2018 Recruitment.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the checkbox.
- Select the desired RRB, which you want to apply. The RRB selected once cannot be changed further after registration.
- Registration Process: Enter your name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Aadhaar Number (mandatory), State, 10th Class Roll Number, year of passing 10th , Mobile Number, E-mail ID and click on “Submit Registration”. [Note: The candidates who have an ITI Qualification can enter the Roll Number and Year of Passing ITI instead of 10th Class/SSLC.]
- An OTP will be received on your registered mobile number and e-mail ID. Click on the “Verify through OTP” link on the Homepage on the online registration portal and enter the OPT received on your Mobile phone.
- After providing the OTP, a unique registration number and password is given to the candidate.
- Now the candidates can proceed for filling the online application form by clicking on the “Candidate Login”. The candidates can login using the login credentials.
- The application form is divided into two parts: Part-I and Part- II.
- In the Part- I application form, the candidates have to provide the details of the Educational Qualifications, Community, Gender, Religion, ExSM, PWD, CCAA, Minority, Economically Backward Classes, Age Relaxation Eligibility Category as applicable.
- After the completion of the above details, the applicants will be directed to the payment page.
- The candidates have to choose the payment mode (net- banking/credit card/debit card/challan) or Post Office Challan to complete the payment process.
- For Online Payment you will be automatically redirected to Part- II Application Form to fill up additional details.
- The applicants who are making the payment offline, their payment confirmation may take place for an hour. Thus, they have to login after 60 minutes and look for confirmation of payment status.
- After getting the Confirmation status, the applicants can fill in the Part- II Application Form.
- The Part- II Application Page, The candidate has to enter the priority and preferences of the Posts. If the candidate is eligible for more than one posts based on his/her educational qualification and other details mentioned, then the candidate has the facility to select the priority and preferences for the posts. The candidates can set their priority by clicking on the “Priority Button” for the various posts they are eligible for. The candidates can fill in the preferences for all the posts listed or a few of them as per their choice. But at least, one preference must be given.
- The candidates have to enter priority/preferences of the posts, detailed educational qualifications, choice of exam language. As per the latest Press Release Conference, now the Choice of Exam Languages are available with 15 options.The candidate can choose any of the desired language and other changes such as Mother Tongue and Address etc.
- Upload the scanned color photograph, signature and other documents mentioned. The photograph must have name and date(recent date) printed on it. The candidates can now make their Signature in any language instead of (Hindi and English). Check for the specifications mentioned in the above sections.
- After you are done with all the formalities asked, confirm the declaration and submit the application form.
- Take the printout of the application form and save it for future reference.
After the final submission of the application form, in case the candidates want to make some minor changes in the application form can make it by paying a Modification fee of Rs 100/-. The Modification Fee is non-refundable and is same for all the categories. The modification to the registration and the application details can be done twice only.
Modification/Change in Application Form of Railway Group D 2018
Follow these Steps to do Modification in Railway Group D Application Form 2018:
- Click on the “Application Modification” Link on the homepage of the RRB’s Website.
- Log-in using the Registration Number and Password.
- Pay the modification fee through any payment mode. Make sure that the payment is done within a prescribed time and date.
- After making the payment, log-in again using the Registration Number and Password and then proceed with the changes you want to make and submit the application form.
- Complete all the stages of the application form, and take the printout of the latest application record.
Details of Various RRBs and Contact Numbers for RRB Recruitment 2018
Recruitment/Selection Process for RRB Group D 2018 Recruitment
The Recruitment stages include:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and
- Document Verification.
Railway Group D Detailed Centralized Employment Notification CEN 02/2018 PDF
RRB Group D 2018: Exam Pattern
A computer-based test will be organized for the selection of the candidates for the RRB Group- D Posts(RRB recruitment 2018). The date and time of the computer-based tests (exam schedule) have not been released yet. The Railway Department has not confirmed the dates yet, but has released tentative dates. The CBT may take place during April/May 2018.
Computer Based Test (CBT): First Stage
The computer-based test will contain the questions on reasoning, aptitude and skills. The Question Papers will be available in 15 Regional Languages (Recently Updated). On the basis of the computer-based test, the candidates will be shortlisted for the further stages of the recruitment process.
The Exam Pattern of Railway Group- “D” Recruitment 2018 has been released through CEN02/2018. The exam pattern will contain the details such as the number of questions, marks per questions, negative marking, the time duration of the exam. The level of the exam completely depends upon the educational qualification of the candidates.
Total Marks of the CBT- 100 marks
Total Time Duration of the Exam- 90 minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)
Mode of Language- Question Papers will be available in 15 Regional Languages (Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu).
Exam Pattern of Railway Group D Recruitment 2018
|Subject||Marks||Total Time Duration|
After the CBT Test, the candidates will be shortlisted for Physical Efficiency Test which is the next round of the recruitment process.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Second Stage
The Physical Efficiency Test (PET) selection will be based on the merit of the candidates in CBT. The candidates will be called for PET two times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against the RRBs. The Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory for all the candidates. The criteria for the PET are:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
Document Verification: Third and Final Stage
Based on the performance in CBT and the PET, the candidates will be called for the Document Verification.
Criteria in the Document Verification:
- In case, two or more candidates have secured the same marks then their merit criteria will be selected by the Age Criteria. Which means that the person with an older age will be considered first.
- The appointment of the selected candidates with a subject to the passing of the medical fitness will be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of the educational and community certificates and verification of the antecedents/character of the candidates.
RRB CEN 02/2018 Railway Group D Admit Card 2018
After the submission of the online application form, the candidates will receive the login details. With the help of these login details, the candidates will be able to download the admit card of Railway Group- D Examination. The admit card will contain all the details of the exam such as the exam date, time and center. Through the admit card only, the candidates will get to know their exam center. Without an admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination. The admit card is the mandatory document that must be taken in the examination. Thus, it is very important to download the Railway Group D Recruitment Admit card 2018 and take the printout of it. The admit cards will be available 10 to 15 days before the examination date.
RRB Group-D Recruitment 2018 Result
Once the exam is conducted, the candidate’s exam papers will be evaluated by the Railway Exam Authority. Since it is an online examination, therefore, all the recorded responses will be checked. On the basis of the correct and incorrect answers, the candidates will receive the scores. Then as per the marks scored, a merit list will be prepared. Then the selection procedure will take place on the basis of the cut-off score.
Railway Recruitment Boards in India
- RRB Ahmedabad Recruitment 2018
- RRB Ajmer Recruitment 2018
- RRB Allahabad Recruitment 2018
- RRB Bangalore Recruitment 2018
- RRB Bhopal Recruitment 2018
- RRB Bhubaneswar Recruitment 2018
- RRB Bilaspur Recruitment 2018
- RRB Chandigarh Recruitment 2018
- RRB Chennai Recruitment 2018
- RRB Gorakhpur Recruitment 2018
- RRB Guwahati Recruitment 2018
- RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018
- RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018
- RRB Malda Recruitment 2018
- RRB Mumbai Recruitment 2018
- RRB Patna Recruitment 2018
- RRB Ranchi Recruitment 2018
- RRB Secunderabad Recruitment 2018