Railway jobs are the most sought – after jobs in government sector. And Indian Railways is the biggest job hub in India. Every year, railway release lakhs of job opportunities for the interested candidates to fill up the vacant seats.
Railway Recruitment Board has released a notification regarding recruitment for the Goods Guard vacancies post. The authority is offering total of 7591 positions for the entire general and reserved category candidates. Hence, it is a great opportunity for the interested candidates to apply for the goods guard position.
In this article we have discussed all the details regarding Railway recruitment Board (RRB) Goods Guard Post.
RRB Goods Guard Recruitment Notification 2017
On the official website of Indian railways i.e. www.rrb.gov.in, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has published a notification. Read below to know some more details of RRB Goods Guard Recruitment:
|Name of Organization||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of the Post||Goods Guard|
|Job Type||Central Government|
|Number of Vacancies||7591|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Selection Process||Written examination, Interview|
RRB Goods Guard Jobs 2018 Educational Qualification and Eligibility Criteria
Certain eligibility criteria have been fixed for the position, so that a deserving candidate can get the position. The very first criteria are that the candidates are required to be the residents of India. And the selection will be based on Computer Based Test and Document Verification. Read below to know some of the other criteria’s:
- Interested candidates who are applying for the position are required to have at least graduation degree from Government and UGC (University Grant Commission) approved university.
- Candidates who have completed Diploma in Rail Transport and Management in Institute of Rail Transport may also apply.
- Interested candidates who are applying for RRB Goods Guard are required to have completed the age of 18 years to 32 years.
- Minimum age – 18 years
- Maximum age – 32 years
Railways salaries have the best pays compared to other sectors. The eligible candidates will get best pay scale which is around Rs. 30,000 per month. Apart from the salary they will also get Grade Pay, Travel, and Run allowances. Read below to know more about the pay scale:
|Pay Scale||5200 – 20200|
They will also contain some allowances as provided below:
- DA on Total Pay above
- Transport Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
Exam / Application Fee
Candidates are also required to pay some nominal amount as application fee to be eligible for appearing for the examination. However, candidates belong to SC / ST / Ex – S / Women / Minorities / PWD are not required to pay the application fee.
Candidates who do not belong to the above mentioned categories will have to pay Rs. 100 through online or offline method.
How to apply for RRB Goods Guard Jobs 2017 – 2018
As per the sources, nearly 3 crore interested candidates will take part in the examination. Read the below mentioned steps to apply online for the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Goods Guard Jobs:
- Log in to the official website of Indian Railways i.e. indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the RRB Goods Guard Recruitment link 2017 on the home page
- Check and fill in all the important details in the Application Form
- Upload the required documents
- Make the payment of the application fee and submit the application
- Also, make sure to take a print out of the copy for future use.
Once applied, candidates will have to wait a little as the Railway Recruitment Board will upload the admit cards 10 to 10 days prior to the RRB Goods Guard recruitment examination.