Indian Railways has started the RRB Group D Exams . The Exam was started from 17th September 2018 and will be held till 14th December 2018. The Exam is conducted for 49 days in three shifts. In this article, we have provided information regarding the Physical Efficiency Test that will be conducted for recruiting candidates under Group- D Posts.
The Physical Efficiency Test is mainly conducted after the Completion of the Computer Based Test. If the candidate is shortlisted in the Computer Based Test, then he/she has to undergo the Physical Efficiency Test. The Physical Efficiency Test is applicable for both Male and Female Candidates.
Before getting to know about the Group D Physical Efficiency Test (PET), let’s take a quick look at the Selection Stages of RRB Group- D 2018.
Exam Pattern of RRB Group D 2018
The RRB Group- D Selection comprises of the following three stages-
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and
- Document Verification (DV)
Click Here for details RRB Group D Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018.
RRB Group- D Physical Efficiency Test 2018
Once the candidate clears the Computer Based Test, he/she will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test. The Physical Efficiency Test is the second stage of the selection procedure for Group D Recruitment 2018. Attempting the Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory and it will be qualifying in nature. Twice the number of the Community-wise vacancies will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test.
Physical Efficiency Test for Male Candidates
- The candidate has to lift and carry 35 Kg of weight and run a distance of 100 Meters in a go, without putting it down.
- Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 Minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
Physical Efficiency Test for Female Candidates
- The candidate has to lift and carry 20 Kg of weight and run a distance of 100 Meters in ago, without putting the weight down.
- Should be able to run a distance of 1000 meters in 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds in one chance.
After, the completion of the Physical Efficiency Test, if the candidate is selected in PET, then he/she will be called for the Document Verification.
Taking a Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory for all the candidates who are applying for the RRB Group- D Posts 2018.
For PWD Candidates
The Physically Disabled candidates are exempted from appearing the PET. Instead, they have to pass the Medical Examination as prescribed for the Person of Disabilities.
General Instructions required for RRB Group D PET 2018
- The PET for Group D is qualifying in nature. Therefore, the result will be announced on the same day after the test as far as possible.
- Candidates are advised to take an adequate care of themselves while appearing the PET so as to avoid injury.
- The Railway will not be responsible for the Injury/Accident caused during the Physical Efficiency Test
- The decision of the PET committee at the venue regarding fitness/un‐fitness of candidates in the Group D PET will be final.
- Candidates must strictly obey the instruction issued by Railway Official at the PET venue.
- Candidates are advised to read the conditions specified in the employment notification carefully and appear for the PET only if they fulfill all the eligibility conditions mentioned therein. Please note that ineligible candidates detected at any stage will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates will be allowed only one chance to perform.
- No request for the change in date, venue and time for PET will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to appear for the exam in, appropriate clothes and shoes.
- Candidates should report to PET venue one hour before the time indicated on the call letters. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the venue without producing the call letter.
RRB Group D Physical Efficiency Test 2018- Final Selection
On the basis of the candidates’ performance in the RRB Group D CBT, a Merit List will be prepared. Candidates who qualify the CBT Round will be eligible to appear the PET followed by Document Verification and Medical Test. On the Final Merit List, the selected name of the candidate is produced.