RRB NTPC Exam Dates 2019 | As per the latest notification by the Railway Recruitment Board, the Department has postponed the RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Dates. Earlier, the exam was scheduled between June-September 2019. However, now it is expected that the exam will be conducted in the month of December 2019. The RRB NTPC Hall Ticket 2019 is expected to release by the end of the November month. Candidates who have submitted the Railway NTPC Online Application Form can check the Railway NTPC Recruitment Exam Dates here. Other than that, we will also provide complete details regarding the RRB Railway NTPC Examination here. Therefore, we advise the candidates to go through the article carefully.
- 1 Latest Updates of Railway NTPC Exam Dates
- 2 Important Details of RRB Railway NTPC Examination Dates
- 3 RRB NTPC Exam Dates 2019
- 4 RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Dates
- 5 RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- 6 Exam Pattern Details of RRB NTPC Stage II CBAT
- 7 RRB NTPC CBAT Exam Pattern 2019
- 8 Railway RRB NTPC Typing Skills Test (TST)
- 9 Document Verification Process
- 10 RRB NTPC 2019 Medical Examination
- 11 RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Syllabus
- 12 RRB NTPC Admit Card 2019
Latest Updates of Railway NTPC Exam Dates
14th October 2019 – The Railway Recruitment Board has postponed the Exam Dates as well as the release of the RRB NTPC Hall Ticket. Candidates are advised to check the website for the latest updates and notifications.
Important Details of RRB Railway NTPC Examination Dates
The Railway Recruitment Board had released the Online NTPC Application Form in the month of March 2019. However, the complete official released online NTPC Exam Dates are given below. In this section, we have mentioned the important details about the Railway Non-Technical Popular Category Exam Details.
|Name of the Recruitment||RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019|
|Examination conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of the Organization||Indian Railways|
|Name of the Posts||Non – Technical Popular Category|
|Number of Vacancies|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Starting of RRB NTPC Application 2019||1st March 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||31st March 2019|
|Date of the Examination||December 2019 (expected)|
|Mode of the Examination||Online / Physical / Document Verification|
|RRB NTPC Selection Process||CBT-I/CBT-II/Typing Test (Skills Test)/Aptitude Test/Document Verification and Medical Examination|
RRB NTPC Exam Dates 2019
Railway Recruitment Board has announced the RRB NTPC Exam Dates 2019 on its official website and the regional websites. The candidates can check the RRB NTPC Exam Dates through the official notice. We have provided the Official Notification here. RRB Railway NTPC Exam Dates will be released separately for the Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination. The Examination will take place online followed by a Typing Test, Document Verification, and Medical Examination.
RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Dates
RRB Railway NTPC Exam Dates can be checked below. The dates that are mentioned below are officially announced dates. However, the NTPC Form Registration has been over. Candidates are now waiting for the RRB NTPC Admit Card and Exam Dates. We have provided the tentatively scheduled dates of the Hall Ticket and the exam.
|The Release of the Official Notification||28th February 2019|
|Online Registration||1st March 2019|
|Last Date of the Application Form||31st March 2019|
|Closing Date and Time for the Payment of Application Fees||5th April 2019|
|Final Submission of the NTPC Registration Form||12th April 2019|
|RRB NTPC Hall Ticket 2019||4th Week of November 2019|
|RRB NTPC Preliminary Exam Dates (CBT-I)||December 2019|
|RRB NTPC Mains Exam Dates||December 2019|
|RRB NTPC Medical Exam Dates||January 2020|
|RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test||To Be Updated Soon|
|RRB NTPC Document Verification||To be Updated Soon|
RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
RRB NTPC Exam will take place in two phases viz., stage-I and Stage-II. The first stage of the RRB exam will be a Preliminary exam. After qualifying the preliminary exam, candidates will be provided with the opportunity to take part in the RRB NTPC Mains exam. RRB NTPC exam pattern for both the stages have been given in the following table:
RRB NTPC Pre Exam (Stage-I):
|S.No||Name of the subjects/topics||No. of questions||Marks assigned|
|2.||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||25|
|3.||General Awareness and General Science||40||40|
Exam Pattern of Railway NTPC CBT-I (In Details)
The Examination Pattern of Non-Technical Popular Category is as follows-
- The Mode of the exam is online.
- The Time Duration of the exam is 90 minutes for the candidates. However, for the PWD Candidates (accompanied by Scribe), the total time duration for the exam is 120 minutes.
- Each question carries 1 mark. There is a negative marking of the 1/3rd mark for every wrong answer.
- The First Stage CBT is screening in nature and the questions will be general in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
- Total Number of Candidates shortlisted will be 20 times the community-wise vacancies of posts that are notified against the RRB as per their merit in the first stage CBT cum choice of posts.
- The Normalized Score scored in the CBT-I will be used for shortlisting the candidates for the RRB NTPC Stage II Exam 2019.
RRB NTPC Mains Exam (Stage-II):
|S.No||Name of the subjects/topics||No. of questions||Marks assigned|
|2.||Reasoning and General Intelligence||35||35|
|3.||General Awareness and General Science||50||50|
Exam Pattern Details of RRB NTPC Stage II CBAT
- The Total Time Duration of the Exam is 90 Minutes and the PWD Candidates is 120 minutes.
- A negative marking of 1/3rd marks is applicable for every wrong answer.
- The Level of the Questions will be different for every level of posts.
- Normalization of the marks will be done for further selection.
RRB NTPC CBAT Exam Pattern 2019
The Computer Based Aptitude Test for the Railway NTPC is only for the Traffic Assistant and Station Master. Hence, the following are the exam pattern of the Railway NTPC Exam Pattern 2019-20.
- Candidates need to score a minimum of a T-Score of 42 marks in each test batteries to qualify.
- There is no relaxation in the marks for the reserved category.
- The Mode of the Question Paper will be available in English and Hindi.
- The RRB NTPC Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the Stage II CBT and CBAT Marks. 70% weightage of marks must be obtained in the 2nd Stage CBT and 30% weightage for the marks obtained in CBAT.
Railway RRB NTPC Typing Skills Test (TST)
- This Examination Section is Qualifying in Nature.
- Eight times the number of vacancies will be called for the typing test.
- Candidates must be able to type 30 words per minute in English and 25 Words per minute in Hindi on Personal Computer without editing and spell check facility.
Document Verification Process
Now, on the basis of the performance of the candidates, in the 2nd Stage CBT, CBAT, and TST, candidates will be called out for the further selection process. Candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called out of the Railway NTPC Document Verification.
RRB NTPC 2019 Medical Examination
The RRB NTPC Medical Test will take place soon after the completion of the Document Verification. The Medical Test is to check whether the candidate meets the medical requirements for the posts or not. The Medical Criteria for each level of posts is different. However, the Railway Medical Examination will take place for 2 to 3 months.
RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Syllabus
RRB will conduct the RRB (NTPC) Exam, 2019 in three parts. The first stage of the examination will be the Preliminary Examination and then the Mains written examination. The RRB NTPC Question Paper for Prelims will have 4 sections viz, Arithmetic Aptitude, General Intelligence, and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Science. The detailed syllabus of all the mentioned sections have given below-
- Questions from Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, tables will be asked under the head of ‘Data Interpretation’.
- Questions on Boats & Streams, Trains’ speed, Time & Distance, Pipe & Cistern, Time & Work
- Percentage, Profit & Loss, Interest (Simple and Compound), Discounts & Margins
- Arithmetical Simplification / Numerical Operations on addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Average, Ratio and Proportion, Problems on Age will be in the arithmetical section of RRB NTPC Question Paper.
- Linear equation, Quadratic Equations, Algebraic LCM, and HCF
- Geometric Computation of Area, Volume, Perimeters etc. of geometric shapes such as the circle, triangle, rectangle, pentagon, cube, cuboids, sphere etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Questions on Analogy, Classification of Odd pair and Syllogism will be asked in this section.
- Pattern Detection, Embedded Images Mirror Images, Hidden Images, Figure Matrix under the head of ‘Visual Reasoning’.
- Statement Conclusion, Statement Argument, Statement Interference
- Puzzles/Complex Arrangement and Sitting /Circular Arrangements
- Puzzles/Complex Arrangement, Alphanumeric Series, Direction Sense
- Equality/Inequality, Blood Relation, Problem Solving, Verbal & Visual Analysis,
- Eligibility Test, Arithmetical Reasoning¸ Decision Making
Questions in this section will be from the surrounding environment and very general topics which make an impact on human life such as
- Indian Economy, Indian Geography, Indian History, Indian Polity, Indian Culture & Heritage and Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- Current Affairs (Contemporary Issues)
- National and International Organizations, Famous Personalities, Honours and Awards, Science & Technology, Games and Sports, Government Schemes and Policies
In this section, candidates will be asked questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Studies
Questions in RRB NTPC 2019
The standard of the question asked in the RRB NTPC Examination 2019- 20 will be slightly higher than the senior secondary school exam level. A candidate having graduation degree need not have a specific study to solve the questions and provide the answers of RRB NTPC Exam, 2019 exam.
These are all the details about the RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019. The latest details about the RRB NTPC Exam Syllabus, 2019 is available on the official notification.
RRB NTPC Admit Card 2019
Railway Recruitment Board will be releasing the RRB NTPC Hall Ticket for Prelim Examination and Mains Examination. The candidates would be able to download their RRB NTPC Admit Card for the examination 15 days before the exam. RRB will release the Admit Card on the official website which must be downloaded after the verification of details mentioned on it. When you appear in the examination, it is important to present the admit card when and where asked. The RRB NTPC Hall Ticket is an authoritative document that proves the authenticity of the candidate to appear in the examination. The admit card proves the eligibility of the candidate to appear in the exam. Details like Candidate’s Information and Examination Center Information is mentioned on the admit card along with other details.
If you have any queries regarding the RRB NTPC 2019 Exam Dates, then please comment on the section below.