If you are preparing for a competitive exam, having a previous year question paper helps you prepare for your exam much better way. RRB will soon release NTPC 2020 Hall Ticket. All students who applied for the exam can check the questions which were asked in the previous year’s exam. RRB has released a notification regarding NTPC Exam 2020 date. In a recent notification, it has been declared that the RRB NTPC 2020 Exam will be conducted in the month of December 2020. Check previous year questions and Syllabus to prepare better for the exam. If you have any query related to the NTPC exam please let us know in the comment box.
In this article, we have provided RRB question papers with solutions for the candidates who are preparing for RRB NTPC exam 2020.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern 2020
Every year Railway recruitment board releases recruitment notification for various jobs. The Posts include Commercial Apprentice, ERC, Goods Guard, JAA, Typist, and other posts. Depending on the posts the Exam Pattern will vary. Here we are provided the sample Exam Pattern related to the Railway Exam. The Exam Pattern provided is based on the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern. So to have an idea applicants can check this Pattern of the Exam.
|Subject Names||Marks||Total time|
|General awareness||20 marks|
|Mathematics / Arithmetic Ability||25 marks each||Total of 90 minutes to attempt all the sections|
|General intelligence||25 marks|
|General Science||30 marks|
RRB NTPC Goods Guards Syllabus 2020
RRB would select candidates based on a written test where candidates would be tested on aptitude. Here we have provided some syllabus based on Previous Year Notification. The topics included in the RRB NTPC Exam are:
- General Knowledge
- Arithmetic Ability
- General Intelligence
- General Science
Read the below mentioned table to know more about the RRB NTPC Exam
|Name of the organization||Indian Railways|
|Post name||Various posts|
|Mode of application||Online|
RRB NTPC Previous Year Questions
We have listed out some of the previous year questions for practice purpose of the candidates.
1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
4. Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Eastern Railway.
5. The railway station situated in the extreme south is
6. A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides is called
- Island platform.
7. When was the nationalization of Indian Railways done?
8. In which year Research, Design, and Standard organization was established?
9. Railway Staff College is at
10. Where are the Research, Design, and Standard Organisation situated?
11. Which of the following pairs of regional Railways and their headquarters not true?
- Central railway – Bhopal.
12. Between, which of the destinations the first Indian trains was started?
- From Mumbai to Thane.
13. When was the first train in India was launched?
14. In which Governor-General’s reign railway lines in India were established?
- Lord Dalhousie.
15. A station where the rail lines end is called
- Terminal station.
16. How much distance was travelled by first train of India?
- 34 km.
17. What is the position of the Indian Railway in the world according to the length of rail lines?
18. What is the length of North-Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR)?
- 3700 Km.
19. The headquarters of North-Eastern railway is situated at
20. When was the North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established?
- 15th Jan 1958.
RRB NTPC Commercial Apprentice Previous Papers
1. The headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is
- Maligaon (Guwahati).
2. In which of the following cities, the first subway train was started?
3. General Manger is responsible for
- Railway Board.
4. The headquarters of South-Central Railways is at
5. The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi.
6. The headquarters of South Railways is
7. In which institution, the training of electric work will be given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering.
8. Who invented the railway engine?
- George Stephenson.
9. Where are the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Institute situated?
10. Metro Railway is functioning in which of the following Indian States?
- West Bengal.
11. The zone with the minimum length is
- North – Eastern Frontier Railway.
12. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Institute situated?
13. How many training institutions of Railways are in India?
14. What is the position of the Indian Railway under the zonal system?
15. Which of the gauges is used in the hilly areas?
- Narrow gauge.
16. Where is the extreme north of India a railway station?
17. How many institutions do give suggestions for railways technology?
18. Diesel Locomotive Works is situated at
19. The manufacturing of steam engine in Chittranjan Locomotive Works was stopped in
20. The passenger bogies of the Indian Railways are manufactured at which of the following
RRB Non – Technical ASM Previous Papers – RRB NTPC Previous Papers
1. Indian Railways which is the largest of the Public Sector Enterprises, in how many regions it has divided?
2. Besides Maharashtra, Karnataka and Goa, which of the following is the fourth State for Konkan Railway Project?
3. Palace on Wheels train was inaugurated in which year?
4. When was the Central Railway established?
- 5th Nov 1951.
5. Rajasthan is under which of the following railway zones?
- Western region.
6. The largest national enterprise of India is
- Indian Railway.
7. The first locomotive which was manufactured in Chittaranjan on
8. The wheel and axle plant of Indian Railways situated at?
9. When was the Jammu City appeared on the map of Indian Railway?
10. The headquarters of Central Railway is at?
- Mumbai (V.T).