The Northern Railway has declared recruitment notification for Apprentices Act 1961. Online applications are available on the official website. The Recruitment Board has declared the online applications for the interested candidates for the engagement of Apprentice Act 1961, in the designated trades at Workshops and Units in the jurisdiction of North-Western Railway.
RRB announced the opening date of the online application form is 30th October 2017 and the closing date of the application is 29th November 2017 at 17:00 hours.
- 1 Important Note
- 2 Mode of Selection For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- 3 Eligibility Conditions For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- 4 Educational Qualifications For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- 5 Payment of the Fees
- 6 How to Apply For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- 7 Last Date of the Online Application Form
- 8 Training Period and Stipend For RRB Apprentice Posts
- 9 Training Agreement For Apprentice Posts
- 10 Medical Fitness For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- 11 Help Desk/ Customer Care
- 12 Important Instructions
- The candidate must note that this is a Centralized Notification for the engagement of the Apprentice Act under the Apprentices Act 1961, North-Western Railway Units and Railway Recruitment Cell. The North-Wester Railway (RRC/NWR) has been nominated as the Nodal Agency for obtaining online applications from the candidates and preparation of their merit list. The applications submitted by the candidates are completely online.
- After the preparation of the merit list, the same is advised to the respected divisions and unit of the North-Western Railway.
- The Document Verification and medical examination will be held in the respected Divisions and Units.
- There is no centralized merit list.
Mode of Selection For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- The selection process is completely based on the merit list. A merit list is prepared on the basis of the percentage of marks obtained in the matriculation (minimum 50% aggregate) +ITI Marks in the trade in which the Apprenticeship is done. The panelist will be on the basis of the average of marks in the matriculation and ITI. To calculate the percentage of matriculation, the marks obtained by the candidates will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects. And for the calculation of the ITI Marks, the marks mentioned in the provisional/ Final Certificate is considered.
- If two candidates are having the same marks, then the candidate who is older in age is given the priority. And if in case two candidates share the same date of birth then the candidate who has passed the matriculation first is preferred first.
- A final merit list is prepared Division/Unit Wise, Trade Wise or Community Wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of the percentage of the marks obtained by the candidates as stated above.
- The candidates who are finally enlisted are taken to a subject to verification of the original testimonials and being found fit in the appropriate Medical Examination by the Railways as applicable for the Workshop and for the other units.
- At the time of the submission of the online application, a registration number is issued to each applicant. The candidates must keep the Registration number noted for the future use. This can be useful for the further stages of the application process.
The candidates have to choose only one unit from the following:
|1||Divisional Railway Manager’s Office (Ajmer)|
|2||Divisional Railway Manager’s Office (Bikaner)|
|3||Divisional Railway Manager’s Office (Jaipur)|
|4||Divisional Railway Manager’s Office (Jodhpur)|
|5||B.T.C Carriage (Ajmer)|
|6||B.T.C Loco (Ajmer)|
|7||Carriage Workshop Bikaner|
|8||Carriage Workshop Jodhpur|
Eligibility Conditions For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
The different eligibility criteria for the Apprentice Recruitment are:
- The interested candidates must have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 30th October 2017.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of ST/SC Candidates and 3 years in case of OBC Candidates.
- For the physically handicapped people, the upper age limit is relaxed by 15 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by up to an additional of 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defense Forces plus 3 years provided.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of ST/SC Candidates must show their caste certificate on Central Government format issued by an appropriate authority as per Annexure-I at the time of Document Verification.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of the OBC Category have to submit the caste certificate as well as the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued on and after 1/4/2017 on Central Government Format by an appropriate authority as per the sample Annexure-II at the time of Document Verification.
- The candidates who want to avail the benefit of the Ex-Servicemen and the Armed Forces Personnel must submit a Discharge Certificate and in case of Children of Ex-Servicemen they have to produce the Discharge Certificate or Armed Forces Serving Certificate respectively of his/her parent at the time of Document Verification.
Educational Qualifications For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- The candidate must have passed the 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination) a with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board.
- Must also possess National Trade Certificate in the Notified Trade issued by NCVT/SCVT.
Payment of the Fees
- An application fee of Rs 100/- is charged which is non-refundable.
- Fee payment is made online only through the payment gateway as the part of the online application process.
- The payment is made through debit card/credit card or through Net Banking etc. by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After the successful payment of the application form, an e-receipt with the date mentioned is provided. The e-receipt must be printed and retained by the candidate.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed then you need to log in again and make the payment online.
- The fee is exempted for the ST/SC and PWD Candidates.
How to Apply For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- The candidates are requested to visit the website – nwr.indianrailways.gov.in. Complete instructions are provided on the website.
- The First phase includes the basic personal information/ BIO-DATA of the applicant. The candidates should ensure their name, father’s name, date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation Certificate. Any deviation found in during the Document Verification will lead to cancellation of the candidature and debarment.
- The candidates have to provide their correct mobile number and a valid e-mail ID.
- The candidate has to apply only to 1 Unit.
- The candidates have to keep the printouts of their Online Application Form. This can come into use during the Document Verification.
Scanned Photograph and Signature (Terms and Conditions)
- The candidates are required to upload a scanned color photograph of size 3.5cm X 3.5 cm). Make sure that the photograph is a recent one. It should be in JPEG/JPG Format, DPI Format, Size of the file should be between 20 Kb -70 Kb). The candidates are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph which can be used at the time of Document Verification.
- The signature uploaded should be in size 3.5cm X 3.5 cm and must be in JPEG/JPG Format, 100 DPI, Size of the file should be in between 20 Kb- 30 Kb).
Last Date of the Online Application Form
The last date of the online application form is 29th of November 2017 till 17:00 hours. No physical copy of the application is required to be sent to RRC.
Training Period and Stipend For RRB Apprentice Posts
- As per the extant rules and directives issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
- No hostel accommodation is provided to the selected candidates and will have to make their own arrangement during the training as per the Apprentice Act 1961 and will be released on the completion of training.
Training Agreement For Apprentice Posts
Before the commencement of the Apprenticeship training in the designated trade the selected candidate if he/she is a minor then his/her guardian has to enter into the Contract of Apprenticeship with the employer.
Medical Fitness For Apprentice Posts (North-Western Railway)
- The Interested candidate has to satisfy the minimum standards of the physical fitness as mentioned in the aforesaid Act and Rules and standards prescribed for imparting training to the relevant trades which will be certified by a Railway Doctor.
- The selected candidates have to clear the prescribed medical examination and physical fitness for the engagement, for which the candidates have to pay Rs 24/-towards the medical examination fee.
Help Desk/ Customer Care
For problems related to the Online Submission and printing of the Application Form, you can call on the number 09782747045 from 10:00 am to 17: 00 pm (except for Sundays and other Government Holidays).
- No correspondences are allowed in the Engagement.
- The decision of the Railway Administration completely depends upon the eligibility criteria. The acceptance and the rejection of the form are completely based on this.
- No daily allowance or conveyance allowance or travelling allowance will be paid to the candidate who will be called for the document verification.
- After the selection for the engagement, the request to change the division/unit is not allowed or considered.