Railway Recruitment Board has released official notification for the post of RRB ALP Recruitment 2018.
In India, a career in railways is the most desired. Indian railway is considered to be one of the biggest departments all over India. And the role of Senior Section Engineer (SSE) holds a lot of significance.
SSE which stands for Senior Section Engineer is a post of a supervisor in Civil Engineering department of railways. SSE will be normally headquartered in major stations. He will be in charge of a section of track stretching over a couple of stations. A person holding the Post of SSE will be responsible for maintenance, repairs, and attending to failures like rail fracture. He will also have few Junior Engineers (JE) working under him and also he will be given a large team of workers such as Trackman, Gang man, Khalasis, and Patrolman. A senior section engineer is also responsible for the safe running of trains depends on the level of maintenance of the track. He is also expected to conduct regular inspections, trolley inspections, and foot plate inspection.
Indian Railway Recruitment Board will conduct world’s biggest online examination in order to recruit nearly 2.5 lakh employee to increase the manpower of railway, where candidates from all categories will be given a chance. However, no official notification came from recruitment board’s side.
Earlier railways put a halt to the recruitment of many departments of railways for nearly two years. Due to which the employees of the railways came down heavily. And this reduction will be filled by employing 2.5 lakh employees by 2018.
RRB SSE Recruitment 2018 Details
According to sources, nearly 5,000 posts of section engineers are lying vacant in Indian Railways. Last application for the post of SSE (Senior Section Engineer) and JE (Junior Engineer) was invited in 2015, after that no notification released regarding recruitment in these mentioned post.
The recruitment process of Senior Section Engineer will be done by 21 Railway Recruitment Board.
Read below to know some important details about the same:
RRB SSE Recruitment 2018
|Name of Recruiter||Indian Railways|
|Name of Recruitment Body||RRB (Railway Recruitment Board)|
|Name of Post||SSE (Senior Section Engineer)|
|No. Of Post||4528 (Expected)|
|Age Limit||20 – 34 years|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Eligibility Criteria Of RRB SSE
In order to apply for RRB SSE, candidates are required to check if they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the following post.
The Eligibility for the Section Engineer is as follows:
- Nationality:- Candidates are required to be of Indian Nationals. The candidates are also required to submit their Aadhaar number in order to submit the application online. So in case you haven’t enrolled for Aadhaar card yet, then visit the nearest enrolment center for the same.
- Educational Qualification:- This job demands 4 years of bachelor’s degree in concerned trade from AICTE approved institution.
- Age Limit:- The aspiring candidates for the job are required to be in age-limit between 20 – 34 years. And relaxation will be given as per the government norm.
Salary of SSE (Senior Section Engineer) Post
As per the sixth pay commission, a senior section engineer will get a pay of Rs. 36,000 and 45,000 rupees. In the sixth pay commission, the salary of the technical supervisor was kept in the table of PB – 2 and the pay scale of PB – 2 is Rs. 93,000 – 34,500.
And in the seventh pay commission, which is yet to be kept in PB – 3, where basic pay is 15,000. Hence, it can be considered that the salary of a Senior Section Engineer can be up to Rs. 84,000.
Application Fee For RRB SSE Application 2018
A candidate who belongs to SC / ST/ Ex-Servicemen / PWD / Women and also people who belong to the economically backward section are relieved from paying any examination fee.
However, candidates from general category and OBC candidates have required pay the examination fee which is Rs. 100. Application fee can be paid online through Debit cards / Credit Cards / Net Banking.
To know more about the RRB SSE Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Click here
How To Apply For RRB SSE Recruitment 2018
For this post, candidates can apply through online modes only, which is a very easy and convenient method. Once the notification releases by the authority, the board will also issue an official notification to submit an online application. Follow the below-mentioned procedure for the same:
- Visit the official website of Indian Railways – indianrailways.gov.in
- Look for Recruitment option and click on that.
- Select required RRB Board region.
- Now RRB SSE Online Application link will be displayed on the screen.
- There are 4 stages to complete RRB online application.
- First Stage – New Registration
- Second stage – Candidate Login
- Third Stage – Payment of RRB Application fee online
- Fourth Stage – Upload scanned copies of photograph and community certificate for SC and ST
- And the final stage is the completion of RRB Online 2017 Technical jobs application.
Let’s discuss the detail ways to apply for SSE Online application by the stages:
- First Stage
- Documents required for SSE Online Application first stage:
- Date of Birth
- PWD Details
- Ex-service Man Details if required
- Mobile Number
- Apply for RRB Technical Jobs Online Application, First stage Process
- Visit the official site of Indian Railways.
- Click on the recruitment option.
- A page will be displayed on your screens showing all the 21 RRB regional boards.
- Click on your RRB Board.
- Search RRB Online Application page of the selected board will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on new registration option.
- Select the board you want to apply.
- Fill the declaration and click on accept.
- Fill required details of RRB SSE online application 2017.
- Now you will receive a mail on your registered mail ID, open the mail and click on given the link.
- This is how you will complete the first stage activation process of railways online application.
- You will receive your User ID and password in your mail along with an activation link.
- Second stage
- Documents required for SSE Online Application second stage:
- Selection of Posts.
- Select Language of Exam.
- Choosing Examination centres.
- Address for communication.
- Education details.
- Apply for RRB Technical Jobs Online Application, Second stage Process:
- Go to Candidate Login.
- Provide registration number and password which you may have received on your registered email or phone number.
- Fill the required details and click on submit.
- Third Stage
Apply for RRB Technical Jobs Online Application, Third stage Process:
- Go to make payment option (you can complete the payment procedure through debit cards or net banking)
- If a candidate wants to complete the payment procedure offline by following below mentioned procedure:
- Download the bank challan pre-filled with their specific details and make the payment in any branch of SBI and associated banks.
- Once the payment is done, the candidates should again login to proceed with the registration.
- Fourth Stage
- Upload a recent photograph
- The candidates from SC / ST category, who wish to avail free travel authority, have to upload the scanned copy of their caste certificate in JPG / JPEG format
- If PWD eligible candidates want to avail the services of a scribe are required to upload a scanned photograph of the scribe in JPG / JPEG format.
- By this RRB SSE online application procedure is completed.