Railway jobs are one of the most sought-after career in India, so the competition is very high. Hence if you are targeting on cracking RRB exams, you should start preparing for it immediately.
In this article, we will share RRB syllabus, exam pattern, and previous year question paper. With the help of this information, you will be able to start with your preparation for RRB exams.
As we all know that, Railway is one of the most popular government sectors to get jobs in. All the interested candidates who are looking forward to making a career in Railway Line can check Railway Exam Syllabus.
Update: RRB activated the Mock Test Link for RRB Group D 2018. Candidates can attend the Free RRB Group D Mock Test by clicking here.
RRB Group D CBT Exam starts from 17th September 2018 and Railway Group D Hall Ticket 2018 will be available 4 days before the date of the Examination.
RRB has released the Official Notification / Notice for Section Wise Marks for Railway Group-d Exam 2018. Candidates can check PDF below in this article.
Update (29.08.2018) – RRB has released a Notice regarding the Section Wise Marks for Computer Based Test (CBT) on 29th August 2018.
- 1 RRB Group D Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- 2 RRB Group D Exam Pattern
- 3 RRB Group D CBT Exam Pattern (Section-Wise Marks)
- 4 Railway Group D Syllabus 2018
- 5 RRB Group D Mathematics Syllabus Weightage
- 6 RRB Group D General Intelligence and Reasoning Weightage
- 7 RRB Group D General Awareness Weightage
- 8 RRB ALP Syllabus
- 9 RRB ALP Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 10 First Stage CBT of RRB ALP
- 11 RRB ALP Syllabus First Stage CBT
- 12 Second Stage CBT RRB ALP Syllabus
- 13 RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) Exam Pattern
RRB Group D Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Railway Recruitment Board has released notification with RRB Group D Syllabus for the recruitment of Railway Group D 2018. Railway Group D Syllabus will help the candidates to prepare well in a systematic way for Group D Exam. RRB Group D Syllabus PDF also available here. The Recruitment Board has not declared the Examination Dates yet. It will be updated soon on the website. Thus, candidates have sufficient amount of time to study and prepare well for the RRB Group D examination. In this article, we have shared you the complete details of RRB Group D Syllabus.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
The recruitment process of the Group- D includes-
- Computer Based Test (CET)- This consists of multiple type objective-based questions.
- Total Time Duration – 90 minutes
- Number of Questions- 100 Questions
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
Check Here: RRB Group D Previous Papers
RRB Group D CBT Exam Pattern (Section-Wise Marks)
There will be a total 4 Sections in the CBT. Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness and Current Affairs. Total Time Duration of the CBT is 90 Minutes and Number of Questions – 100 Questions.
|Sections||Number of Marks Allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30 marks|
|General Science||25 marks|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20 marks|
Railway Group D Syllabus 2018
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Venn Diagram
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
- Life Sciences of a 10th standard level.
General Awareness of Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
Download Here – RRB Group D Syllabus PDF
RRB Group D Mathematics Syllabus Weightage
RRB Group D General Intelligence and Reasoning Weightage
RRB Group D General Awareness Weightage
RRB ALP Syllabus
RRB ALP complete syllabus is available here. you can start preparing for exam through RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Syllabus. The recruitment process of RRB ALP & Technician syllabus includes First Stage CBT Syllabus, Second Stage CBT Syllabus, Computer Based Aptitude Test and Document Verification. RRB Assistant Loco Pilot Syllabus (Group-C Syllabus) will help the candidate for preparation of RRB Exams. However, The exam dates have not been declared yet. It is expected that the Exam will be conducted in the month of April/ May 2018.
In this article, we have shared some essential information regarding the RRB ALP Syllabus 2018. This will help the candidates to start preparing for their RRB ALP 2018 Examination.
RRB ALP notification has released. Railway Recruitment Boards of Indian Railways is providing around 26,502 Vacancies for both RRB ALP (17, 673) and RRB Technicians (8829) Posts. RRB ALP Online Application form 2018 has been started from 28th Feb 2018. Online Registration for RRB ALP ends on 31st March 2018.
RRB ALP Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Before knowing about the RRB ALP syllabus, let us have a quick look at the ALP Exam Pattern of the CBTs:
First Stage CBT of RRB ALP
- The first round CBT is common for both ALP (Assistant Loco Pilot) and Technician.
- The total time duration of the Examination is 60 Minutes.
- Number of Questions asked- 75 questions.
- The questions will be objective type with multiple choice questions.
Topics For the First Stage CBT
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science and
- General Awareness of Current Affairs.
RRB ALP Previous Years Paper check here.
RRB ALP Syllabus First Stage CBT
Number System, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, HCF and LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calender and clock and Pipes and Cisterns etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement- Arguments and Assumptions etc.
RRB ALP syllabus under this will cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th Standard Level.
General Awareness on Current Affairs
Science and Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
Click Here for Information about RRB ALP Admit card
Second Stage CBT RRB ALP Syllabus
RRB ALP syllabus for Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness are same for both First and Second Stage CBT except Basic Science and Engineering.
Basic Science and Engineering
The broad topics that are covered under this section are:
- Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric Figures, Symbolic Representation).
- Mass, Weight, and Density
- Work Power and Energy
- Speed and Velocity
- Heat and Temperature
- Basic Electricity
- Levers and Simple Machines
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Environment Education and
- IT Literacy etc.
In case candidates are preparing to appear for Railway Recruitment ALP and other technician exams should check out the below-mentioned syllabus:
RRB Syllabus is divided into 5 sections which are as follows:
- General Intelligence
- Technical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Technical Ability
In general intelligence portion, candidates would be judged based on their knowledge on latest news, current affair, science, books, author, GK questions etc.
- Major financial / economic news
- Books and authors
- Budget and five year plan
- Who is who
- Current affairs (national and international importance)
- Awards and Honours
- International and National organizations
- Science – inventions and discoveries
- Important days
Arithmetic Ability Syllabus
In this section, the candidates would be judged based on their mathematical and quantitative skills. And this mathematical will be covered any topics in any class till graduation. Prepare the below mentioned topics for Arithmetic ability portion:
- Time and work
- Simple and compound interest
- Decimal fractions
- Number system
- Profit and loss
- Math online quiz
- Mensuration (2D 3D)
- HCF, LCM
- Unitary method
- Ratio and proportion
- Start your test now
- Time and distance
- Data interpretation
Technical Ability Syllabus
This portion is designed to test the technical knowledge of the candidates. And in all the other sections, this section is considered to be a little tricky.
- Production engineering
- Automation engineering
- Kinetic theory
- The strength of the material
- Metal handling
- Thermo dynamics
- Energy, material
- Energy conservation
- Applied mechanics
- Turbo machinery
- Refrigerators and air conditioned
- Machine design
- The power plant turbines and boilers
- Metallurgical production technology
- System theory
- IC engines
- Heat transfer
- Thermo dynamics
- Material applying motion
- Electrical India
- Rolls, cables
- Proved to be the fundamental electrical system
- An alternative system single phase motor
- Three phase motor system
- Light magnetism
- Electronics and Communication
- The transistors
- Robotics radio communications systems and satellite matters
- Computer and micro processor
- Digital electronics
- Networking and industrial electronics
- Electronic tube
- Semi – conductor physics
Reasoning ability Syllabus
Reasoning ability syllabus includes testing the series and sequence concealed in questions and reasoning made out of series of events. And it is further categorized into two sections i.e. Verbal and non – verbal.
- Blood relations
- Alphabet series
- Test of direction sense
- Coding – decoding
- Number ranking
- Decision making
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Number series
- Problem on age calculation
- Analogy etc
Non – verbal
- Non-verbal series
- Mirror images
- Embedded figures
- Cubes and dice
- Grouping identical figures etc
This section of the examination contains objective type questions with MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) which will cover below-mentioned topics:
- General Awareness
- General science
- General intelligence and reasoning
RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) Exam Pattern
Candidates those who are preparing for RRB exams should be aware of the exam pattern (Technical and non – technical examination) of the exam they are preparing to appear in and also a total number of marks. RRB exams comprises of four major parts i.e.
- General awareness
- Mathematics / Reasoning and
- General Intelligence
The examination is on total of 100 marks and the exam is online Computer Based Test (CBT) and the applicant will get total of 90 minutes i.e. 1 hour 30 minutes.
|General awareness||20 marks|
|Mathematics / Arithmetic||25 marks each||Total of 1 hour 30 minutes to attempt all the sections
|General intelligence||25 marks|