The Railway Recruitment Cell of Northern Railway is going to declare the result of the Apprentice Recruitment. The recruitment procedure follows a long step process that stretches up to 3-4 levels of the selection process. The selection process is quite tough as the examiners ferment out the best candidates. The Railway Recruitment Cell publishes the recruitment notification Northern Railway Official website.
Notice No. RRC/NR 03/2017/Apprentice Act
Candidates who responded to the notice now can check the status in the form of Provisionally Shortlisted for Document Verification or Not Shortlisted for Document Verification or Candidature Rejected for not following the terms & condition of the notification or Candidature Rejected for being registered only and not paid the Application Fee. Status of every candidate is strictly based upon the strength of information submitted online by the candidates & no change in the same is allowed at this stage.
|CUT OFF MARKS ( FOR ALL CLUSTERS)|
|Cluster Ambala||Cluster Delhi||Cluster Firozpur||Cluster Lucknow|
The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC), Northern Railway will declare the results for the posts of the Apprentice in the Northern Railway Official Website in the month of Feb. The Norther Railway Zone is providing around 3162 Vacancies for the interested candidates. The expected date of publishing the merit list of the candidates is 15th Feb 2018 to 28th Feb 2018.
Details of the Apprentice Recruitment of Northern Railway 2017-18
|Date of Publication||12th December 2017|
|Date and Time for Opening of the Application Form||28th December 2017 (at 1100 Hrs.)|
|Date and Time of Closing of the Application Form||27th January 2018 (at 1700 Hrs.)|
|Expected Date for Display of the Merit||Between 15th Feb 2018-28th Feb 2018|
A Brief Information about the Northern Railway:
The Northern Railway Recruitment Cell is providing 3162 number of vacancies. It has four clusters namely: Lucknow, Delhi, Firozpur and Ambala. These clusters are providing recruitment for various departments or post.
Selection Process or Declaration of the RRC NR Result 2018
The selection process is completed on the basis of the merit list of the SSC Marks (10th Grade), 12th Grade and ITI Examination. Let’s get the complete details of the selection process.
The selection process includes the following process:
- First of all the application form is scanned and scrutinized properly. In this process the candidates who have filled the application form correctly are selected for the next round. Whereas, the candidates whose application form is incomplete is considered as rejected.
- After the scanning of the application form, the selection is done on the basis of the merit and taking the average of the percentage of the marks obtained by the candidate in both the matriculation (an aggregate of 50% is required) and the ITI Examination giving an equal weightage of both. If in case both the candidates have the same number of marks then the candidate who is older at age is preferred.
- Similarly, in case of the Date of Birth, if they are same then the candidate who has passed the matriculation earlier is considered.
- Calculation Procedure: The percentage of the SSC Marks is calculated where the grades are applicable. The RRC takes the mid-point of the range of the grades that is obtained by the candidates. Then the average is calculated treating each subject out of 100 marks and there is no standard method or multiplying factor for the calculation of the average of the matriculation for such boards.
- Then a final merit list is declared. This merit list is prepared cluster-wise, trade wise and community wise equal to the number of the slots in the descending format or order of the percentage of the marks obtained by the candidates in 10th class and ITI.
- After the declaration of the merit list, the selected candidates are then called for the document verification in order to avoid the shortfall of the provisional panel.
Things to Keep in Mind before heading out for Document Verification
- The candidates are requested to report on the given spot that is mentioned in the call letter. The call letter is sent to the selected candidates via post.
- The candidates have to bring all their original documents and certificates which includes original mark sheets, school leaving certificate, matriculation certificate and other relevant documents as mentioned in the notification along with the call letter.
- If the candidates belong to ST/SC or any other minority category then he/she has to submit the caste certificate in the prescribed format. In case of the OBC Candidates, the Certificates must have a clause of Non-Creamy layer.
- The certificates and the documents must be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer along with 5 recent passport size photographs.
- Then the documents are verified and the final selection of the candidates takes place.
The Merit List will be available on the official website of the recruitment cell. A link will be given in the recruitment section. All you have to do is click on the link and the complete list is displayed on the screen.