The Railway Recruitment Cell of Western Railway is going to declare the result of the Apprentice Recruitment. The recruitment procedures comprise of 3-4 level process. The selection procedure is quite tough as the examiners extract out the best of the candidates. The recruitment notification and the result is published in the official website of the Western Railway.
The dates of declaring the results of the Apprentice Post of Western Railway has not been published. The expected month to be declared is February. The Western Railway is providing around 592 vacancies for the candidates.
Details of the Apprentice Recruitment of Western Railway 2017-18
|Date and Time for Opening of the Application Form|| |
10th October 2017 (at 1100 Hrs.)
Date and Time of Closing of the Application Form
9th November 2017 (at 1700 Hrs.)
|Expected Date for Display of the Merit||To be Declared|
About Western Railway:
The Western Railway is one of the zones of the Indian Railway and is one of the busiest railway networks in India. It has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The Mumbai division of the Western Railway is categorized into four departments or units.
- Electrical-EMU Classified
- Electrical- TRS/BL
- Electrical- Coaching Power
Thus, the Western Railway Division is providing the total of 592 number of vacancies or slots for the interested candidates.
Mode of Selection or Declaration of the Result
The selection process is completely on the basis of the merit list of the SSC Marks (10th grade), 12th grade and ITI Examination. Below are the complete procedure of the selection process:
The selection process comprises of the following process:
- First of all the application form is properly scanned and scrutinized. In this process, the examiner scans out the application form of the candidates and checks whether the application form is correctly filled or not. The candidates who have filled in the form correctly are selected for the next round whereas, the incomplete application form is considered as rejected.
- After scanning the application form, the selection of the candidates takes place out of the candidates of the above procedure. The selection is completely on the basis of the merit list.
- The candidates matriculation marks is taken to consideration, it should be an aggregate of the minimum of 50% and ITI Examination giving equal weight to both. There is no written or viva test held.
- If in case both the candidates have the same number of marks then the candidate who is older at age is preferred as selected candidate. And if in case, the date of birth is same then the candidate who has passed the matriculation first is considered.
- The calculation procedure- The percentage of the SSC Marks is then calculated. If the grades are applicable, the RRC takes the mid-point of the grades that is obtained by the candidates. Then the average is calculated treating each subject out of 100 marks.
- Then a final merit list is declared. This list is prepared cluster wise, trade wise, community wise or department wise. The merit is listed in the descending format or in the order of the percentage of the marks obtained by the candidates of 10th and ITI.
- After the declaration of the merit list, the selected candidates are called for the document verification in order to avoid the shortfall of the provisional panel.
Things to Keep in Mind before Going for Document Verification
- The candidates are requested to report on the given spot that is mentioned in the call letter. The call letter is sent to the candidates (selected) via post.
- The candidates have to bring their original documents and certificates which includes the original mark sheets, school leaving certificate, matriculation certificate and other relevant documents as mentioned in the notification along with the call letter.
- The candidates who belong to ST/SC Category or any minority category have to submit a caste certificate in a prescribed format. In case of OBC Category, the Caste Certificates must have a clause of Non-Creamy Layer.
- The certificates and the documents must be duly attested by a Gazetted officer and you must carry 5 recent passport size photographs.
- The documents are then verified and thus in this way the final selection is completed.
The Merit List will be available in the official website of the recruitment cell. A link will be given in the recruitment section. All you have to do is click on the link and the complete list is displayed on the screen.