The South-Eastern Railway, Office of the Chief Personnel Officer, Garden Reach Kolkata has declared centralized Notification for the Engagement of Apprentices Act for the year of 2017-18. The Notice number SER/P-HQ/PERS/Act. Apprentices/2017-18. Online applications are available for the eligible and interested candidates. The candidates are provided with training and workshops and other establishments of South-Eastern Railway. The applications are submitted online and no other mode of submission is acceptable. The opening date of the application form is 4th of December 2017 and Closing date of the Application Form 2nd January 2018. The closing time is 17:00 Hours.
Training and Workshops Availability Slots (South Eastern Railway)
The South Eastern Railway (Kolkata) has a total of 29 Units each having their respected trades with vacancies. The Regional units are:
- Kharagpur Workshop– This workshop holds 360 Vacancies. The trades that come under this workshop are: Fitter, Turner, Electrician, Welder (G and E), Mechanic (Diesel), Machinist, Painter (G), Refrigerator and AC Mechanic. It has other workshops too which are named on the basis of the trades such as Signal and Telecom Workshop, Track Machine Workshop, SSE (Works), Carriage and Wagon Depot, Diesel Loco Shed, Sr.DEE (G), TRD Depot/Electrical, EMU Shed, Electric Loco Shed. This Department is offering a total of 936 number of vacancies or slots.
- Satraganchi: This unit has a total of 36 number of vacancies or slots providing the Electric Loco Shed Trade.
- Chakradharpur: The Chakradharpur division has the following trades: Sr. Degree, Electric Traction Depot, Carriage and Wagon Depot. The division/cluster has a recruitment vacancy of 214 slots for the Apprentice recruitment.
- TATA: Providing 72 number of vacancies.
- SINI Division: This division is offering 107 number of vacancy slots.
- Bonadamunda: 102 Vacancies
- Adra: 149 Number of Vacancies
- BKSC: 64 number of vacancies
- Jharsuguda: 25 number of vacancies
- Ranchi: 80 number of vacancies
Thus the South Eastern Railway is recruiting a total of 1785 number of Apprentice Posts.
Points To Be Noted
- In the application form, in the event of the OBC Vacancies notified above remaining unfilled, the same shall be filled up from among the UR Candidates. The unfilled SC Vacancies has to be filled by the ST Candidates or the vice-versa. If such arrangement is not being possible then the unfilled reserved vacancies will be filled up by the UR Candidates. (Rule 5 of the Apprentice Rules, 1992).
- 3% of the total slots are available for the PWD and ESM. This category vacancy is included in the overall vacancies and thus are not filled outside the notified vacancies.
- The candidates those who are selected against the ESM and PWD will be placed in the appropriate categories viz. UR/ST/SC/OBC to which they belong.
- For the Ex-Servicemen the following are eligible for the Reservation under the ESM Quota:
- Children of the deceased/disabled Ex-Servicemen including those killed/disabled during peacetime.
- Children of Ex-Servicemen
- Children of Serving Jawans
- Children of Serving Officers
- Persons with Disabilities:
- The PWD candidates with low vision, vision impairment less than 6/18 to 6/60 with best correction in the better eye or reduction of fields less than 50 degrees or Hemianopia with macular involvement or altitudinal defect involving lower field candidates.
- Only locomotor/cerebral palsy (OH) with no deferment in the spinal column and having not less than 40% disability and Hearing Handicapped (HH) personnel survival having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency, as certified by a duly constituted Medical Board by the Central or the State Government are eligible to apply. No hearing-aid is permitted.
- The types of deformities are suitable for the different posts are given below:
- Fitter: Lower limb partially damaged from one side.
- Turner: Lower limb partially damaged from one side.
- Machinist: Only small finger damaged
- Welder: A person without leg and without three fingers of one hand.
- Electrician: Partial Lower Limb candidates
- Painter: One upper and lower limb partially damaged
- Carpenter: One upper and lower limb partially damaged.
- Refrigerator and AC Mechanic: Only one lower limb partially working and small finger of each hand damaged can also be considered.
- Mechanic (Diesel): Upper limb partially damaged, lower limb partially damaged on one side can also be considered. Little finger and ring finger damaged on both the hands can also be considered.
Eligibility Criteria for RRB SER (South-Eastern Railway) Apprentice Posts
- The candidates must have passed the matriculation (10th) from a Recognized Board with a minimum of 50% aggregate (excluding the additional subjects)
- ITI Pass Certificate (in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done) or granted by the NCVT.
For the purpose of the determination of the merit for the engagement against this notification, the marks obtained in the Matriculation only will be taken into account.
- The candidates must fulfil the conditions and criteria of the Standard Physical Fitness as prescribed in the aforesaid acts and rules and the standards prescribed for imparting training to the relevant trade which will be certified by a Railway Medical Doctor.
Application Fee for RRB SER Apprentice Posts 2018
The application fee is Rs 100/- which is non-refundable. The fee is exempted for the SR/SC and Women and Physically Handicapped candidates. The payment is done only on online mode through the “Payment Gateway” while filling up the application form. The payment is done using a Debit/Credit Card, Net-Banking or e-Wallets Etc. The transaction charges for the online payment is done by the candidate. There may be some server issues as well, in such cases, the candidates have to fresh start and Log in again.
How to Apply for RRB SER Apprentice Posts 2018
The steps to apply for the engagement of the apprentice recruitment are:
- Visit the Official Website of South-Eastern Railway- ser.indianrailways.gov.in
- Go through the detailed instructions before filling up the application form.
- The Particulars such as the Name, Date of Birth etc. must match with the same that have been recorded in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Make sure that you fill in the relevant columns carefully regarding the community (ST/SC/OBC) or Physically Handicapped.
- Upload the necessary certificates in the format according to the annexures in the Notifications.
- Make sure to indicate your mobile numbers and valid e-mail IDs which are active over the entire process of selection.
- You are required to upload a good quality and contrast colour photograph which should not be more than 3 months old. The scanned photo should be in JPEG/JPG Format and within the specified file size as mentioned in the application form. The photograph must be clear, without cap or sunglasses. Make sure you have 3-4 copies of it for future purpose.
- You are required to upload full signature at the space provided. The signature should also be in JPEG/JPG Format with a specific file size. The application without the signature will be rejected.
- All the other relevant columns of the application form should be filled up correctly.
- Make the payment of the application fee and click on submit.
- Now take the printout of the filled Application Form. The printout should be brought during the time of the Document Verification to establish the proof that you have applied.
- For any problems in the submission of the application form or any other issues, you can visit the Help Desk button.