Candidates who are interested to get recruited in the Railway Department, here’s a Good News for them. Southern Railway has announced a Recruitment Notification for the Apprentices posts in various trades in the Railway Department. The Railway Zone has released around 2652 vacancies for the aspiring candidates. The application forms are available online but the filling of the application form procedure is Offline. The last date to apply is 11th April 2018.
In this article, we will provide you the complete details regarding the Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment 2018.
- 1 Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment 2018 Highlights
- 2 Southern Railway Apprentices Vacancies 2018
- 3 Southern Railway Apprentices Eligibility Criteria 2018
- 4 Southern Railway Apprentices Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- 5 How to Apply for Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment 2018
- 6 Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment Application Fees
Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment 2018 Highlights
- Southern Railway has released recruitment notification for Apprentice Posts.
- Total 2652 vacancies are invited for the aspiring candidates.
- The Closing Date of the Application Form is 11th April 2018.
|Southern Railway Recruitment 2018 Details|
|Organized by||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Name of Posts||Apprentice|
|Total Number of Vacancies||2652|
|Application Fee||Rs. 100/-|
Southern Railway Apprentices Vacancies 2018
|Welder (Gas & Electric)||231||122||68||35||456||7||6|
|Refrigeration & AC Mechanic||6||3||2||1||12|
|Fresher MTL (Radiology)||4||2||1||1||8|
|Fresher MTL (Pathology)||4||2||1||1||8|
Southern Railway Apprentices Eligibility Criteria 2018
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 15 years and the maximum age of the candidate must be 24 years.
- Age Relaxations will be applicable as per the Government Norms. For OBC- 3 years, ST/SC- 5 Years and PWD/Ex-Servicemen- 10 years.
- For Carpenter, Painter, Welder (Gas and Electric), Wireman Posts:
Candidates must have passed 8th class with science as one of the subjects or equivalent or should possess a National Trade Certificate (NTC) by NCVT.
- For Fitter, Machinist, Plumber, Electrician, Electronics, Mechanic, Diesel Maintenance, Mechanic, Advance Welder, Electronic/ Information Technology, Instrument Mechanic, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Draughtsman (Civil) Posts:
Candidates must have passed 10th class with Science as one of the subjects equivalent and should possess National Trade Certificate in the Notified Trade by NCVT.
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology and Pathology):
Candidates must have passed 12th class with Science as one of the subject or its equivalent or should possess National Trade Certificate in a Notified Trade by NCVT.
Southern Railway Apprentices Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
The Candidates are shortlisted in three steps:
- Shortlisting of the candidates
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Fitness Test
- The Shortlisting of the candidates will be on the basis of the marks obtained in 10thand ITI.
- After getting shortlisted, candidates will have to undergo a physical fitness test. To get selected for the Physical Fitness Test, candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- There should be no evidence of any morbid condition of either eye or the lids of the either eye.
- Candidates must satisfy minimum standard physical fitness as per the Apprentices Rules.
After undergoing the Physical Efficiency Test, the candidates have to undergo a Medical Fitness Test:
- You should be free from the evidence of any contagious or infectious disease.
- You should be free from the evidence of tuberculosis in any form (active or healed).
Training Period: After the selection, candidates will undergo a training period of three years.
How to Apply for Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment 2018
The step by step procedure to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment are:
- Visit the Official Website of the Southern Railway – sr.indianrailways.gov.in
- click on the Application Link.
- Download the Application Form for Offline Process.
- Fill in the required details in the Form.
- Enclose the Application Form with the attested copies of your documents (Certificate of Date of Birth, Certificate Proof of Qualification, Caste Certificate, Disability Certificate and Registered Copy of Employment Registration Card).
- You have to pay the fees by enclosing crossed Indian Postal Order for Rs 100/- (drawn not earlier than the date of issue of this notification) with an application.
In the favor of-
WORKSHOP PERSONNEL OFFICER, CARRIAGE AND WAGON WORKS, SOUTHERN RAILWAY
PERAMBUR CHENNAI- 641 023 and Payable at Chennai
- You have to mention the following thing in the Envelope- “APPLICATION FOR APPRENTICESHIP, Ex- ITI/ Fresher, Trade Name”.
The Application Form has to be Sent in the Following Address by Ordinary Post/ Registered Post-
Workshop Personnel Officer
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager
Signal and Telecommunication Workshop, Southern Railway
Podanur, Tamil Nadu – 6410023
Click Here To download Southern Railway Recruitment Application Form 2018
Southern Railway Apprentices Recruitment Application Fees
- The Application Fees for the UR Category is Rs 100/-
- The Application Fee is exempted for ST/SC/PWD/ Woman Category.
Stipend Offered in the Southern Railway Recruitment for Apprentice Posts:
- In the First Year- 70% of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by the Government.
- In the Second Year- 80% of the minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by the Government.
- In the third year- 90% of the minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by the Government.
Candidates have to fill in the Application Form Offline. The last date to submit the application form is 11th April 2018. Candidates have to download the Application Form from the Official Website. To get the Recruitment details, candidates can go through the Official Notification that is available in the Official Website of the Southern Railway.
2 CommentsAdd a Comment
Is their any news about ticket collector jobs???
Sir I am completed my u course can I apply this job