The Staff Selection Commission will conduct an examination for recruitment to the posts of Constable (GD) in CAPF, NIA & SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles Examination 2018. The Recruitment of SSC GD Constable will be done on the basis of Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Endurance Test (PET), Written Examination and Medical Examination. The Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Medical examination will be conducted by The Central Armed Police Force while the written examination will be organized by The Staff Selection Commission (SSC). In this article we are providing all information about SSC GD Constable Recruitment.
The Application form for SSC GD Constable was available from 23rd December 2017 and the last date to apply was 23rd January 2018. The date of the exam has been Postponed, applicants who have submitted their Application Form successfully will be eligible to appear for the exam. Candidates for GD Constable Post will be selected through the mode of the Written exam, Medical exam, Physical Standard Test and Physical Endurance Test. Female Candidates will be considered for posts earmarked for them in different CAPFs.
- 1 Important Dates for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
- 2 SSC GD Constable Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2018
- 3 SSC GD Constable Recruitment Application Form 2018
- 4 How to Apply for GD Constable Recruitment 2018
- 5 Procedure for SSC GD Constable Application Form 2018
- 6 SSC GD Constable 2018 Recruitment Application Fee
- 7 SSC GD Constable 2018 Selection Procedure
- 8 SSC GD Constable Examination Pattern 2018
- 9 SSC GD Constable 2018 Jobs Syllabus
- 10 SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
- 11 SSC GD Constable Recruitment Answer key 2018
Important Dates for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018
The Applicants can through the important schedule of examination. The table below contains date for different exam tiers:
|Online Registration Starts||23rd December 2017|
|Last date of Registration||23rd January 2018|
|Written Exam Admit Card download date||Updated Soon|
|Written Test Result Announcing Date||Update Soon|
|PST/PET Exam Date||Update soon|
|PST/PET Result Announcement||Update soon|
|Final Result||Update soon|
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Eligibility Criteria 2018
The Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria before filling out the Application form. The eligibility conditions differ for every exam conducted by SSC. Since a large number of applications are invited every year, scrutiny of the eligibility and other aspects will not be undertaken before PST, PET, and written examination and therefore the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The applicants should make sure that they fulfill the requirements of Educational Qualification, Age-limit, Nationality, Physical standards etc. before applying for the exam.
Educational Qualification FOR SSC GD Constable
Candidates possessing the Matriculation (10th) qualification in any stream from a recognized board or university.
Post-Wise Qualification for SSC GD Constable
For GD Constable Post the aspirant should be 10th pass in any stream from a recognized board or university.
Age Limit for SSC GD Constable 2018
The changes were made by SSC in the past years in the age limit criteria. The new notification contains that for appearing in an exam the upper age limit will be 23 years and minimum age limit is 18 years.
Candidates who are interested to appear in SSC exam must have their nationality as Indian. This is the most basic requirement for all the government jobs in India
- A citizen of India
- A citizen of Nepal
- A citizen of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India
- A person of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Relaxation for SSC GD Constable Recruitment
|Code No.||Category||Age relaxation permissible beyond the Upper-age limit|
|09||Ex-servicemen (Unreserved/General)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the estimated date|
|10||Ex-servicemen (OBC)||06 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the estimated date|
|11||Ex-servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the estimated date|
|21||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (unreserved)||
|22||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (OBC)||
|23||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (SC/ST)||
|33||Children or dependent of victim killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||
|34||Children or dependent of victim killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||
|35||Children or dependent of victim killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Application Form 2018
The candidates should go through the detailed instructions issued by Staff Selection Commission before filling the Application Form of SSC GD Constable. Once the candidate has cleared that he/she satisfies eligibility conditions, they can proceed for the Application Link. Applicants are required to provide details asked in the Application form and it should be noted that the information provided, personal details, academic details, contact details etc., should be valid and correct. The Schedule of the Application Form is mentioned below:
|Start of the Application Form||23rd December 2017|
|Application form closing||23rd January 2018|
How to Apply for GD Constable Recruitment 2018
- Visit the official website of SSC- ssc.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab
- The new tab will be opened on the screen, click on the GD Constable tab
- Candidate should go through the instructions carefully before filling up the Application Form
- After reading the instructions, start filling the online application form by filling correct information such as- Name, Address, E-mail, Mobile number, Category educational Qualification etc.
- Fill an identification mark in SSC Constable GD (The mark will be checked at the time of physical examination)
- Pay the application fees to complete the registration process. The Application will be accepted only after the payment of the fee.
- Take a hard copy of the application form for future references.
Procedure for SSC GD Constable Application Form 2018
The application procedure of SSC Constable GD 2018 exam will be in two parts. For Part 1 candidates are required to fill the common details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, email address, mobile number, and category and so on. After the completion of stage 1, aspirants have to click on submit button. After this step, they will get the registration number and password for the part 2. In this part, candidates have to enter their academic qualifications and in the final step have to upload their scanned photograph and signature at the definite size.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Recruitment Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- Female candidates and candidates belonging to ST, SC and ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Fee payment can be done by two modes i.e. online and offline
- In online mode, candidates can pay the fee through SBI net-banking or any credit-debit card
- To pay offline, candidate should take a print out of challan generated online after the completion of part 1 of registration. Deposit the required fee along with the challan in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part 2 of the Registration.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Selection Procedure
The selection of SSC GD Constable consists of 3 stages. The aspirants have to clear the first stage of the exam i.e. Computer-based test (CBT). The Applicants clearing this first stage will appear for the Physical Standard Test (PST). The candidates shortlisted in the Physical Standard Test will appear for the final stage which will be Review Medical Examination/Detailed medical examination (RME/DME).
Important points of selection procedure:
- Allotment of CAPF to the candidates selected from each state will be done by CAPF on the merit list submitted by SSC depending on availabilities of vacancies in each CAPF for the state.
- Result will be declared on the basis of merit cum preference of forces/organization exercised by the candidate for SSC GD Constable.
- The commission will prepare the final list of the candidates category wise and state wise without making any force allocation.
SSC GD Constable Examination Pattern 2018
SSC will conduct the following phases in the selection process:
- Written examination (objective type)- merit is prepared based on written exam
- Physical Standard test/Physical Eligibility Test (Qualifying in nature)
- Medical test- (Qualifying in nature)
The Exam pattern of SSC GD Constable is provided in the tabular format below. Few of the important points are:
- The test will contain 100 questions of total 100 marks.
- The question format will be objective type.
- Each question will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- The time duration of the examination is 2 Hours.
- Online examination will be conducted in Hindi and English language.
- There will be 4 sections in the question paper.
|Part||Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary mathematics||25||25|
Physical Standard Test/Physical Endurance Test
The physical standard is as follows:
|For Males: 170 cms
For Females: 150 cms
|For Male: Expanded 80 cms and minimum expansion 5 cms
No criteria for women
|Proportionate as per the height and medical standard for male and female.|
Note 1: In Physical Efficiency test, candidates have to take part in a race which is also qualifying in nature and will not carry any marks. Criteria for both male and Female is given below:
- For Male Candidates: 5kms in 24 minutes
- For Female Candidates: 6kms in 8 minutes
Note 2: Candidates from Ladakh Region
- For Male Candidates: 6 kms or 1 mile in 6 minutes
- For Female Candidates: 800 meters in 4 minutes
This test is also qualifying in nature and candidates who are shortlisted after PST/PET and written exam will be called for medical test. Tests conducted in this stage are mentioned below:
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Near Vision||Better eye- N6 and worse eye- N9|
|Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Distant Vision||Better eye- 6/6 and worse eye- 6/9|
|Refraction||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses|
|Color vision||CP- 2|
Important point: A candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint eye. After passing in the above medical test, X-ray and blood test will be conducted.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Jobs Syllabus
The syllabus of SSC GD Constable 2018 is mentioned below in the tabular format. The candidates can go through the syllabus of the exam in detail and can follow the topics of different subjects to prepare themselves for the exam.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||· Analogies
· Similarities and differences
· Spatial Visualization
· Spatial Orientation
· Visual Memory
· Relationship Concepts
· Arithmetical Reasoning and figural classification
· Arithmetic Number series
· Non-verbal series
· Coding and De-coding
|General Knowledge and General awareness||· Sports
· General polity
· Indian Constitution
· Scientific Research
|Elementary mathematics||· Number systems
· Computation of whole numbers
· Decimals and fractions and relationship between numbers
· Fundamental arithmetical operations
· Ratio and Proportions
· Profit and Loss
· Time and distance
· Ratio and Time
· Time and work
|English Comprehension||· Spot the error
· Fill in the blanks
· Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
· Idioms and phases
· One word substitution
· Improvement of Sentences
· Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
· Direct/Indirect Narration
· Shuffling of Sentence parts
· Shuffling of sentences in the passage
· Cloze passage
· Comprehension Passage
|English/Hindi||Questions will be based to test the understanding of the candidate in both the languages.|
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of Physical Standard test/Physical Endurance test, medical test, and written test will be made available by Staff Selection Commission through the organizing CAPF website. The Applicants who have successfully completed their Application form and fulfill all the eligibility criteria will be able to download the admit card. The admit cards for all the examination will be available as on the notified dates. The candidate must carry at least one photo ID proof (original) to the exam. There will be three stages of the recruitment process:
- SSC GD Admit card for PST/PET exam will be issued/uploaded on their website by the coordinating CAPF.
- For those who have submitted their Application Form in completion will be issued the Admit Card for written exam by the Commission. The admit card for the written exam will be made available at regional SSC websites.
- CRPF will issue the SSC GD Constable Admit card for Detailed Medical examination/Review Medical Examination. The schedule of the medical examination will be placed on the website of CRPF i.e. crpf.nic.in
Steps to download admit card
- Go to the admit card link for SSC GD Constable Exam.
- Enter the roll number and Date of Birth or name.
- Submit the details, download the admit card and print it.
SSC GD Constable Written Exam Admit card:
Candidates who have submitted their Application Form in Completion will be issued the Admit Card for the written Exam. Candidates can download the admit card online from the official website of Commission.
SSC GD Constable PET/PST Admit Card:
The candidates qualifying the written exam will be issued the Admit Card for Physical Eligibility Test. Candidates can download the admit card and take a print out of it.
SSC GD Constable Medical Exam Admit Card:
The admit card for the medical exam will be issued to the candidates. The medical test will be looked by the organizing CAPF (CRPF). The call letters shall be available on the official website of CRPF i.e. www.crpf.nic.in
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Answer key 2018
Staff Selection Commission will release the official Answer key for SSC GD Constable Exam on its official website. The answer keys will be released few days after the exam and could be downloaded directly. The candidate can calculate his/her performance on the basis of the answer key provided. Candidates can match the answers given by him/her to the ones given in the answer key and calculate the estimated marks.
Some details of the answer key:
- Answer Key of SSC GD Constable will be published online.
- SSC answer keys will be published for all sets and papers.
- Unofficial answer keys will also be published by few of the coaching institutes.
- Candidates can match the answers one by one. If the answer given by the candidate is same to the one given in the answer key, it is correct.
Steps to download the Answer Key
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the Commission and click on the link of Answer key.
- Enter the details such as Roll number, Sessions, Paper Language, Test form number.
- Click on submit after filling all the details.
- Answer key will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download the answer key.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Cut Off:
The final merit list of the candidates will be prepared by the commission category-wise and state-wise without making any force allocation. Force allocation will be done by Nodal CRPF/MHA and the final result is also declared by them.
The minimum cut-off percentage will be as under:
- General and ex-servicemen: 35%
- SC/ST/OBC: 33%
Medical Examination of the qualified candidates will be conducted by the CAPF’s and candidates will be informed in due course.
Final Cut off 2015-2017
Applicants can look for the result of the finally selected candidates of GD exam- 2015 in CAPF’s, NIA, SSA and Assam Rifles which is available on SSC website. The result was declared on 02/02/2017. Based on merit list declared by Staff Selection Commission, force allocation 51,678 (Male) and 5,336 (Female) provisionally selected candidates have been made by the Nodal agency i.e. CRPF to various CAPF’s.
SSC has also released cut off of written examination of SSC GD Constable 2015 in CAPF’s, NIA & SSF and Rifleman in Assam Rifles for Female and Male candidates to be called for Medical Examination. The cut off is released separately for male and female candidates on the basis of State-wise vacancies, Naxal affected areas and Border States.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Result:
The recruitment for the posts of Constable in BSF, CRPF, SSB, NIA, CISF and SSF and rifleman in Assam rifles is on the basis of SSC GD Constable Result. The result is announced by the Staff Selection Commission. The Commission announces the result after PST/PET exam, after written exam, and after medical examination.
SSC GD Constable Result:
The Applicants can check their result by login in using their registration ID and Date of Birth. A list of qualified candidates either indicating roll number wise/name wise status of having qualified the exam will be released. The Candidate must have their registration number details to check their SSC GD Constable Result.
SSC GD Constable Result:
- The minimum cut off percentage of marks for selection will normally be as under:
- The Staff Selection Commission will declare the result of the written examination. The list of the qualified candidates will be given to MHA/ Co-ordinating CAPF i.e. CRPF for Detailed Medical examination (DME).
- The final Merit List of the candidates category wise and state wise will be prepared by the commission without making any force allocation. Force Allocation will be done by Nodal CRPF/MHA and final result will also be declared by them.
- MHA/CRPF will issue the call letters and will conduct the Detailed Medical Examination (DME) and Review Medical Examination (RME). Also, collection of documents and verification will be done by MHA/CRPF at the time of Detailed Medical examination (DMS).
- The commission will process and declare the final merit list of selected candidates state-wise without making force allocation after the completion of Detailed Medical examination and Review Medical Examination.
- Based on the final merit list declared by the Commission, the MHA/CRPF will make force allocation etc. and declare the result.